• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director I Really Can't Complain Too Much About Attendance at My Meetings, but

In summary, the Director's former coworker gave out free items at her meetings in order to encourage attendance. She has been trying to find a new way to motivate her team to come to meetings.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I really can't complain too much about attendance at my meetings, but I have someone who is not coming because she has to close a show, and one person who can't come because her boss said she spent too much time last week on the phone doing PC stuff....which makes sense, but she works 8-4! What does that have to do with a meeting at 7??? and closing a show?? what???

Grrr. I don't do these meetings for myself people!

This is something that we are seeing in our area. Only negative comments will follow so I will zip my lips!

I only had one at my last meeting :( but I have been in contact with all of them and hoping for a much better turn out this month!

The Director that I did meetings with in Okinawa used to give away all kinds of stuff at her meetings. Popcorn buckets, ribbons, charms, etc. She spent a LOT of money on stuff, but they didn't get it if they didn't come. There were easier things like having each consultant bring 3 un-stamped catalogs for the on-time door prize drawing. So if 5 consultants were on time, that's 15 catalogs. 10 on time meant 30 catalogs! That was a big score sometimes for the winner!!!She also had a little gift basket thing ... each week she'd add something to the gift & then draw a name. If the winner had a guest at the meeting, they got the gift. If not, it rotated to the next month with another new item added. She'd throw things in there like a pack of invites, note pads, misc things that she got off the Merrill page, etc. It was cheaper stuff (some of it from the Japanese equivalent of one of the Dollar Store/Dollar Tree/General Dollar stores here in the states), but they liked the fact that they were winning a basket of goodies. Here stateside, you could even throw in $5 gift cards for Wal-Mart, Target, Starbucks, etc. What ever your team is into.I never liked homework or tests, so I like the type of meetings where everyone shares ideas vs. the sit down & listen to a lecture and/or the study for a test meetings. The meetings that I did at my house were more hands on, "let's make a new recipe and chat" type of meetings with a short section covering the specials and extra bonuses that Consultants could earn while they were eating ~ basically one of my cooking shows without the ordering at the end. The other Director was more on the follow the Home Office training path. I think it just kind of depends on what you and your team are more comfortable with. If what you are doing is not working, try something new. Spice it up a bit.My property arrives on the 12th! I'm excited to have all my PC stuff again & be able to actually DO Cooking Shows again. Ready to get out there, start building a local team & doing meetings again. :D

Thank you Sheila for sharing that info. I had 8 people rsvp for my team meeting last night. Zero showed up. I really like the gift basket idea. I will need to see how to implement it in a way that will encourage them to come. Every one always says what a great meeting it was/full of great ideas in info when they do attend, it just doesn't seem to be the least bit of a priority.

Yeah our meetings are super fun and we give away lots of prizes. Like I said, I can't complain, we normally have 15-20 between the other Director and I....but I just hate lousy excuses. Don't make an excuse, just say you don't want to come, for goodness sake.

Love the gift basket idea, btw. We used to do that but with bigger products and I couldn't keep up....but doing it with smaller items is a great idea!

What is the purpose of the phrase "I Really Can't Complain Too Much About Attendance at My Meetings, but"?

The purpose of this phrase is to acknowledge that while attendance at the meetings may not be perfect, it is still satisfactory and not worth complaining about.

Does the phrase suggest that there are some issues with attendance at the meetings?

Yes, the phrase implies that there may be some minor issues with attendance, but they are not significant enough to warrant complaining about.

Is the phrase commonly used in a professional setting?

Yes, the phrase is often used in a professional setting to express gratitude for acceptable attendance at meetings.

Does the phrase indicate a lack of concern for attendance?

No, the phrase does not indicate a lack of concern. It simply suggests that while attendance may not be perfect, it is not a major issue and does not warrant complaining about.

Can the phrase be considered a form of humblebrag?

It can be interpreted as a humblebrag by some, as it acknowledges the issue of attendance while also highlighting that it is not a major concern. However, it can also be seen as a genuine expression of gratitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • twinkie10
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • baychef