• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Team Meetings by Phone? How to Make Them Engaging?

is promoting her monthly team meeting and has just started doing them herself. She has had poor attendance in the past, but is thinking of doing a "bingo" game and asking consultants to do a testimonial. She is also thinking about issuing a booking blitz challenge.
krhodes74
Hi

I promoted in May 2010 and have just started doing my own monthly team meetings but they have to be by phone with a face to face gathering 3-4 times a year because my team is really geographically spread.

Has anyone done team meetings like this? How did you keep the interest and make them exciting and engaging? I have done my February meeting and am thinking of my March one so all ideas are welcome. For February I did an 'on time' draw for everyone who was dialled in at the start and I also asked them for ideas etc as went through the call. I thought about doing a 'bingo' game to keep them listening and I also thought about asking consultants to do a testimonial e.g. on getting bookings cos that is a big team challenge we have at the moment.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

Kirsty
Scotland, UK

I've tried it a few times and always have very poor attendance. I would love to hear more about what you have done!

And congratulations on your promotion!

I'm a new director too...so, bear with me:

Could you use the Directory? Ask your SC or TL's to tackle a subject? Testamonials and Recognition/Stats go a long way. Use the 1st 5 minutes recognizing everyone, the next 5-10 reviewing incentives and specials, then follow the directory topics.

Play the Cross-Sell game...you mention a product and have everyone each mention an item to cross-sell. This is fun because everyone connects things differently and it's interesting to hear the connections and see new ones.

You can also issue a booking blitz challenge...either they hang up and spend 15 minutes trying to book, call back with results at a set time. Or they can blitz the following day and email the results to you. Highest number of bookings wins a prize.

Also, give 5-10 minutes to allow anyone to share what's working or exciting about their biz. Toot Your Own Horn, and possibly motivate others?

HTH

Just thought of something else....have you thought about the Step Up Your Biz Course? Maybe partner up with other directors and take turns tackling the calls?

Thanks for the ideas so far - keep them coming! I love the idea of doing a booking blitz in the middle of the call to keep them on their toes and I also like the cross sell idea! I reckon focussing on the recognition is also a good way to go and I've just done postcards on vistaprint with the dates for all our calls this year to make them really visible.Will def keep you posted and am starting to think about step up course and how to make this work with such a spread group.Have a great day everyone!Kirsty

1. How often should we have team meetings by phone?

It is recommended to have team meetings by phone at least once a month. This allows for consistent communication and updates, without being overwhelming for everyone's schedules.

2. How long should team meetings by phone typically last?

The ideal length for a team meeting by phone is around 30 minutes to an hour. This gives enough time to cover important topics and have discussions, without being too long and losing people's attention.

3. How do we keep team meetings by phone engaging?

One way to keep team meetings by phone engaging is by incorporating interactive elements, such as polls or icebreaker questions. It is also important to have a clear agenda and encourage open communication and participation from all team members.

4. Can we record team meetings by phone?

Yes, team meetings by phone can be recorded for future reference or for team members who were unable to attend. However, it is important to get consent from all participants before recording.

5. How do we handle technical difficulties during team meetings by phone?

In case of technical difficulties, it is important to have a backup plan in place, such as using a different conference call platform or rescheduling the meeting. It is also helpful to have a designated tech support person who can assist with any issues that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies