• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent What to Use Instead of S.s. Skillet?

In summary, there are several alternatives to using a stainless steel skillet for cooking. These include cast iron skillets, non-stick skillets, ceramic skillets, and copper cookware. Each option has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to consider which one will work best for your cooking needs. Additionally, a stainless steel pot can also be used as an alternative in some cases, but may not be suitable for all cooking techniques.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
I have a show tonight that we are making the cranberry orange bread pudding.
I didn't realise when i offered that recipe that it said "Do NOT use Nonstick cookware". I meant to borrow a S.S. skillet from my friend lastnight but i forgot while I was there and now i won;t have time to do it.

Do you think it is just because of the broiling that they say not to use it? Do you think it will still be good if I don;t broil it?

help meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:eek:

It would be because of the broiling. Broiling is too high-temp for nonstick cookware. No suggestions as to an alternate product, though.

You might have to bring a surprise recipe with ingredients that you have on hand or do a catalogue walkthrough.

no idea why it wouldn't work and i don't have an alternative product either. :(

I did this without the broiling, and it was fine. I can't remember what temp the recipe calls for, but if it is over 400°F, then reduce it to 400 and cook it in the exec for a bit longer, and it will be fine.

I ended up using my Rectabgular baker and it turned out lovely! no broiling required!

You do need to have some kind of cookware on hand though to cook the cranberries.

Related to What to Use Instead of S.s. Skillet?

What to Use Instead of S.s. Skillet?

Stainless steel skillets are a popular choice for cooking, but if you don't have one or prefer to use something else, here are the most frequently asked questions about alternatives to stainless steel skillets.

1. Can I use a cast iron skillet instead?

Yes, a cast iron skillet is a great alternative to stainless steel. It is durable, has excellent heat retention, and can be used on a variety of cooking surfaces. It also adds a unique flavor to your food.

2. What about a non-stick skillet?

Non-stick skillets are also a great alternative to stainless steel. They are convenient and easy to clean, but keep in mind that they may not be as durable as other options and should be replaced every few years.

3. Is a ceramic skillet a good alternative?

Ceramic skillets are another popular choice for those looking for an alternative to stainless steel. They are non-reactive, meaning they won't leach any chemicals into your food, and usually have a non-stick coating for easy cooking and cleaning.

4. What about copper cookware?

Copper cookware is a great alternative to stainless steel, as it conducts heat quickly and evenly. However, it can be expensive and may require more maintenance than other options.

5. Can I use a stainless steel pot instead of a skillet?

Yes, you can use a stainless steel pot instead of a skillet for some dishes. However, the shape and size of a pot may not be ideal for certain cooking techniques, so keep that in mind when deciding which option to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • AnnieBee