• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Use Instead of Asian Spice in the Pork and Noodle Skillet Recipe?

In summary, the recipe for the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet calls for the use of four packets of ramen seasoning, as well as a little bit of sesame oil and garlic.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I was just looking at the recipe for the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet and realized I don't have the asian spice.

Since I lack that spice, I was wondering what I could use in its place. Would the Greek Rub work? The Jerk rub? Or something else I might have on hand?

The first time I made it I didn't have the Asian spice either and I just left it out. I didn't put anything in its place. The ramen noodles have those little packets of seasonings and my family liked it. The next time I made it at a show I had the seasoning and used it, and it improved the flavor. Hope this helps.

There was something from HO about what you can substitute, I think. You can either use the other packets from the ramen, or you can add some garlic, soy sauce and sesame seeds (and maybe a little fresh ginger).

Add toasted sesame seeds--toast them in the pan before starting the rest of the dish, and set aside.Use the micro grater w/a bit of ginger root. A little goes a long way (root can be frozen too).Adding paper thin slices of green onion to each serving as a topping gives a wonderful aroma!

I make this recipe often for my family. I just use the packets from the oriental noodle packages. It's not as intense of a flavor. Takes good.

I have ground ginger in my cupboard ... maybe just add a teaspoon?

I've been looking for something I can cook during the day, take to work and when I heat it up and people ask what I made... tell people, "You know, the cookbook that has the recipe is only $1 ...

Just wondering how good of a demo this makes? A host was asking about it and I have never tried !??

It is fabulous! This is my interactive demo this month and everyone loves it! It shows a ton of products...I am showing over $650 in products!!

A+++++ DEMO!!:) :) :)

fruit76loop said:
It is fabulous! This is my interactive demo this month and everyone loves it! It shows a ton of products...I am showing over $650 in products!!

A+++++ DEMO!!:) :) :)
Could you make it interactive in a small kitchen with 15 guests?:eek: I panicked when she said how many she was expecting then said she had a small kitchen!

I have actually found that the interactive shows work best with around 8. When I find out I am having a larger crowd I have just been doing the normal demo. This just works so much better for me!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok, thanks Marlene that gives me a better idea! :)

I didn't have the spice either so subbed fresh garlic, ground ginger, fresh bell pepper, and a bit of sesame oil (didn't have sesame seeds). I added the green onions on top, as Mary suggested. It's very good and my family liked it. I haven't tried it for a show since I don't have a large skillet yet.

lockhartkitchen said:
I make this recipe often for my family. I just use the packets from the oriental noodle packages. It's not as intense of a flavor. Takes good.
So only these as the spices then and not the asian spice with it? I don't have it yet either and I am making it wed for a show!:confused:

chefdiana2007 said:
The first time I made it I didn't have the Asian spice either and I just left it out. I didn't put anything in its place. The ramen noodles have those little packets of seasonings and my family liked it. The next time I made it at a show I had the seasoning and used it, and it improved the flavor. Hope this helps.
So do I use All 4 packets for this as a sub? I will be making this tomorrow and have my supply order with the Asian seasoning coming next week. :(

I don't think that I would use all packets - I think it would make it too salty. Perhaps half that and add some garlic and a touch of soy sauce.

I made it last night. I used all 4 packets plus the Sesame Oil plus the Asian Seasoning. Tasted great! My husband ate 4 plates of it - good thing I did not half it like I considered. This is the 2nd time I have done it at home.

jrstephens said:
I made it last night. I used all 4 packets plus the Sesame Oil plus the Asian Seasoning. Tasted great! My husband ate 4 plates of it - good thing I did not half it like I considered. This is the 2nd time I have done it at home.
good to know about the packets thanks! I hope they all lilke it!:rolleyes:

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet?

To make the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet, you will need: 1 pound ground pork, 1 red bell pepper, 1 onion, 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 8 ounces of rice noodles, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of ground pork?

Yes, you can use any type of ground meat or even diced chicken or shrimp in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I use regular pasta instead of rice noodles?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer. Just cook it according to package instructions before adding it to the skillet.

4. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, you can omit the ground pork and use tofu or extra vegetables instead. You can also substitute the hoisin sauce with a vegetarian alternative.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 4 servings. If you need to serve more people, you can double the ingredients and use a larger skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebinNC