• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asian Noodle SKillet: Flavor Impact?

oh, I don't know, at least a year without refrigeration and it's just fine.It does add flavor. It's nutty-tasting. When there's a specialty ingredient like that (sesame oil is also used in the Mandarin Pasta Salad from a couple years ago), I buy a bottle and take it with me. Same with fresh Parmesan cheese (too many hosts get the green can stuff - yuk!).It's very flavorful. It does need to be refrigerated. You might want to purchase a bottle to bring when you do your Asian Noodle Skillet shows. I do this with poppy seeds, garlic cloves and vinegar for certain recipes. . .just easier for me and
jrstephens
Does it add a lot of flavor? I am looking at the Asian Noodle SKillet Recipe. 2 T jsut does not seem like anything that would much change the flavor. If it would not make a big difference that would be something we would not have to ask Host to buy for just 2 T.

It does add flavor. It's nutty-tasting. When there's a specialty ingredient like that (sesame oil is also used in the Mandarin Pasta Salad from a couple years ago), I buy a bottle and take it with me. Same with fresh Parmesan cheese (too many hosts get the green can stuff - yuk!).

It's very flavorful. It does need to be refrigerated. You might want to purchase a bottle to bring when you do your Asian Noodle Skillet shows. I do this with poppy seeds, garlic cloves and vinegar for certain recipes. . .just easier for me and I know that some people will never use those items again.

Do yall get a certain brand? I usually use store brand oil, but have never used this one before.

I have a little bottle that I picked up from Trader Joe's (of course). But you can probably find it in the Asian department of the supermarket. There probably won't be a store brand, per say, but it's not made by Wesson, either.

chefann said:
Same with fresh Parmesan cheese (too many hosts get the green can stuff - yuk!).

I had this happen the first time I did the Colosal Chopped Salad. I put it on the BOTTOM! We had a good laugh when someone asked where was the FRESh parm though!:D

I am making my Walmart list out right now. I remember an Asian section down one of the aisles.

I am a littler nervous to try it b/c normally I do not eat Asian or Oriental foods.

You may not be able to find a store brand. . .I don't have any idea what brand I've purchased in the past.

Personally, I have not been able to find the toasted sesame oil. I can only find the plain sesame oil. Does it make that much of a difference? I really would like to try this recipe, but was worried about that.

If you go to a natural food store you should be able to find toasted. I found a couple brands including eden foods.

Jen, check out the organic/natural section as well as the asian.

I think the plain just has a less-intense flavor. Like raw nuts vs. toasted nuts.

I wondered about that, but we do not have a natural foods store where I live. Our Kroger does have a little natural foods section, I will have to go check that out and see if I can find it there. Thanks.

As long as you don't use light sesame oil you will get a lot of flavor out of that
2 Tablespoons. The light just doesn't have much flavor. Try looking in the international section of any major grocery store. I've been able to find it no matter where I've lived.

I had regular sesame oil at home when I made this recipe & tried that. I thought it tasted really good!

The stuff I could find at Wally World just says Sesame Oil (not toasted) but it IS darker in color and had a great flavor in the pork noodle skillet. Perhaps it IS toasted and just doesn't say? It was only about $3 for a 5 oz. bottle. The name brand is Imperial Dragon and it was in the chinese section. (The other oil that I had DID say toasted, but it smelled rancid so I tossed it. I am SURE that I paid at least double when I bought that a couple of years ago for use in our Mandarin Chicken Salad...which, BTW, that is a SUPER recipe as well!)

chefjeanine said:
It's very flavorful. It does need to be refrigerated. You might want to purchase a bottle to bring when you do your Asian Noodle Skillet shows. I do this with poppy seeds, garlic cloves and vinegar for certain recipes. . .just easier for me and I know that some people will never use those items again.

I'm Chinese and I cook frequently with sesame oil. I usually get it from the Asian grocery store (There are several by me!) Anyway, just wanted to say that I've never refrigerated sesame oil and it keeps for a LONG time. I did a quick search online and found the following in about.com:

Sesame oil, on the other hand, is remarkably stable and will keep for years without turning rancid, even in hot climates.

I don't know if it'll change the flavor of the oil, but I think it will turn cloudy...

Just a thought...

I've had mine for several years also, and keep it in the pantry. It's dark in there, which helps it keep, but it's just room temp.

I found some Spectrum Natural Brand toasted sesame oil at D & W. It was $6.99 for 16 oz. D & W usually has unusual ingredients when I can't find them at Meijer. I don't shop at Walmart, but I'd love to know if they actually carry toasted sesame seed oil. It's used also in the sauce for the Pan-Asian Meatballs on pg 9 of the new SBRC. I did find Rice vinegar in the Asian section of Meijer and regular sesame seed oil.
I seem to be having a hard time focusing when it comes to making these new recipes (new to me). I didn't even use the toasted sesame seed oil because I forgot about the sauce! Oh well, live and learn.

I found Imperial Dragon at Walmart tonight too. $2.24 plus tax for 5 oz bottle. I will be trying this over the weekend, maybe tomorrow night since I will be going shopping on Saturday.

cat said:
I'm Chinese and I cook frequently with sesame oil. I usually get it from the Asian grocery store (There are several by me!) Anyway, just wanted to say that I've never refrigerated sesame oil and it keeps for a LONG time. I did a quick search online and found the following in about.com:

Sesame oil, on the other hand, is remarkably stable and will keep for years without turning rancid, even in hot climates.

I don't know if it'll change the flavor of the oil, but I think it will turn cloudy...

Just a thought...

Cat,

Thanks for the info. Maybe it was the walnut oil that I had that went bad so quickly.

I LOVE sesame oil I use it in my fried rice, hot and sour soup, ginger salad dressings & everything chinese that I stir fry.
I keep it in the pantry too, once DH refrigerated it and it almost turned to a solid it was gunky.
I use Imperial dragon

I could NOT find sesame oil in my local grocery store! I've never had trouble finding anything there. I looked in both the Asian section and the oils... nothing! I think I'll go to the little Asian market down the road and see what I can find there.

Related to Asian Noodle SKillet: Flavor Impact?

1. What makes the Asian Noodle Skillet have a strong flavor impact?

The Asian Noodle Skillet is infused with a blend of traditional Asian spices and seasonings, including ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. These ingredients work together to create a bold and delicious flavor profile.

2. Is the Asian Noodle Skillet spicy?

The level of spiciness in the Asian Noodle Skillet can be adjusted to your preference. The recipe calls for red pepper flakes, but you can add more or less depending on your taste.

3. Can I substitute the noodles in the recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of noodles in the Asian Noodle Skillet. However, we recommend using thin spaghetti or linguine for the best flavor and texture.

4. How long does it take to make the Asian Noodle Skillet?

The total time for making the Asian Noodle Skillet is about 25 minutes. This includes prep time and cooking time, making it a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights.

5. Can I add vegetables to the Asian Noodle Skillet?

Absolutely! The recipe calls for bell peppers and carrots, but you can add any of your favorite vegetables to the skillet. Broccoli, mushrooms, and snap peas are all great options to add some extra nutrition and flavor to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • abrahamlaur
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies