• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beating a Dead Horse? Another Update to Use Saute Pan to Make Cinnamon Bites!

In summary, the Cinnamon Bites with Sprinkles were a hit at the product demo. They were missing something before, but adding the cinnamon and caramel sprinkles made them much better. The recipe is good, but adding brown sugar makes it even better. The pan-eating danger is real though, so be sure to store them away from children.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I know this has been talked about, but I made these again today and changed it up. When I made them the other day, they were good...but not SMACK-YOUR-MAMA good like Rae would say!!:p :D

So, all of you that want a quick demo to SELL COOKWARE and our new sprinkles here you go:

Melt 3 T. BUTTER (not margarine, the butter tastes and browns better...) in your small saute pan or 10" saute pan.

Take one roll of cheap biscuits (You can buy them in a pack of 4 for less than $2) and cut them into quarters. Using your spatula, toss them in the butter so they are all coated. Spread them out so they are even in the pan.

Sprinkle on some brown sugar (Probaby about 2-3T. ?? not sure, I just eyeballed it...) **This is the part that made them soooo much better. They were just missing something before.
Sprinkle on LIBERALLY our cinnamon or caramel sprinkles. (Or do one side of one flavor and one side the other flavor.)

Bake @ 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Then, instead of inverting them onto a plate (in which case all of the sprinkles would now be on the bottom...) SLIDE them off onto a plate. This really showcases how non-stick our pans are!!

The crescent roll recipe is really good...I think it will be even better if you add some brown sugar in it as well. Another thing: if you are cheap..ahem..I mean, frugal :eek: :rolleyes: like me--adding the brownsugar adds flavor and you use a little less of the sprinkles.

OK, I am not bringing up cinnamon bites again.

Till tomorrow! :p

Oh I think I am gonna have to go to the grocery store tomorrow.:p

I just made the crescent roll/cinnamon sprinkle bites in the mini baker. Mini baker was too small, but I used the entire bottle of sprinkles. They were sooo good. Four of us ate all of them within five minutes.

JAE said:
I just made the crescent roll/cinnamon sprinkle bites in the mini baker. Mini baker was too small, but I used the entire bottle of sprinkles. They were sooo good. Four of us ate all of them within five minutes.

Those bottles really should have a warning label printed on them!

CAUTION: Use of these sprinkles can result in eating an entire PAN full of goodies all by yourself! Also, be sure to store in a cool dry place, away from children. Otherwise, you may find them (or you....) eating them straight from the bottle!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

KellyTheChef said:
Those bottles really should have a warning label printed on them!

CAUTION: Use of these sprinkles can result in eating an entire PAN full of goodies all by yourself! Also, be sure to store in a cool dry place, away from children. Otherwise, you may find them (or you....) eating them straight from the bottle!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
I made them before with the caramel sprinkles. I measured out 1/4 cup, and it was almost the entire bottle. I figured I wouldn't waste my time on measuring because what am I supposed to do with such a little amount of sprinkles left over.

Sprinkle away!Personally, I like out Pizza Crust Roll Mix made into Cinnamon Buns better. I would like to taste the Sprinkles on ice cream (lets just say ANYTHING tastes good with ice cream IMO!!).

Some one at the product demo was going to sprinkle them in her coffee...which sounds good, but I don't drink coffee.

So keep on sprinkling and leave that poor horse alone!!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/fairy-with-wand.gifhttp://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/thc01edb7c.gif

Awesome way to highlight the cookware!! Get those September shows!!!:)

pamperedbecky said:
Awesome way to highlight the cookware!! Get those September shows!!!:)

Shoot Becky...sell that cookware!! PAN A RAMA Baby!! I'm all over getting that 12" skillet w/lid!! That's really the only piece I want.

What is the deal with the ads?

So I think I am going to make the pork tenderloin at my September shows, and then make these to add cookware in my demo! Love it Kelly! Thanks for the update! and btw... a friend and I did eat them out of our hand today... what? we needed to try them :D

Chef Kearns said:
Shoot Becky...sell that cookware!! PAN A RAMA Baby!! I'm all over getting that 12" skillet w/lid!! That's really the only piece I want.
Me too!! That's the main one I want. Heck, if I get tons of points, I wouldn't mind the sets, but where the heck will I put everything? I've got all the other two lines too.:D

pamperedbecky said:
Me too!! That's the main one I want. Heck, if I get tons of points, I wouldn't mind the sets, but where the heck will I put everything? I've got all the other two lines too.:D
Me too! I am giving my professional to my kids - my executive set is mostly in my office closet and it needs to see the kitchen! AND I want to earn the SS.

Back to the recipes: I haven't made the cinnamon rolls with our mix yet - need to try that!

Thanks for the thread... now I have to go make the pullaparts (or maybe the mini rolls) for breakfast.

Just FYI the bottles of sprinkles they gave us are not full sized! The regular bottles are 6 ounces, the ones they gave us are only 2 or 2.5 or something.

I have done the crescent roll recipe with the sprinkles. This morning I tried it a different way-- I used 2 pkg of crescent dough and put on melted butter and brown sugar and then added the new sprinkles. I rolled the dough from the shorter side-- making bigger cinnamon rolls. When I cut them, I used dental floss. Slide floss under and pull the two end around to meet and cross and cut off a piece of the roll. The floss does not crush the cinnamon rolls when you cut.
Using the brown sugar tastes good and saves on the cost of the sprinkles.

The actual sizesAre The Cinnamon Sprinkles is a 6 ounce bottle, the caramel is a 5 ounce bottle. And did anyone try the coffee thing? I have to get regualr coffee to try it but I was thinking that putting the sprinkles in the basket with the grounds. That it might work better as I have this thing about gunk in the bottom of my coffee cup. Especially if the sprinkles do not completely disolve. Not that it would not taste good but, yew! It's a texture thing. If it is a beverage there had better not be chunks of anything in it. I can't dunk cookies for that reason. Silly, I know, but we all have our quirks!
And that's just one of many of mine!

Oh and by the way Kelly, sometimes beating a dead horse works wonders! Just think about how long stews have been around. If no one "changed them up" as you put it, there would only be one kind on the planet!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
Are The Cinnamon Sprinkles is a 6 ounce bottle, the caramel is a 5 ounce bottle. And did anyone try the coffee thing? I have to get regualr coffee to try it but I was thinking that putting the sprinkles in the basket with the grounds. That it might work better as I have this thing about gunk in the bottom of my coffee cup. Especially if the sprinkles do not completely disolve. Not that it would not taste good but, yew! It's a texture thing. If it is a beverage there had better not be chunks of anything in it. I can't dunk cookies for that reason. Silly, I know, but we all have our quirks!
And that's just one of many of mine!

Oh and by the way Kelly, sometimes beating a dead horse works wonders! Just think about how long stews have been around. If no one "changed them up" as you put it, there would only be one kind on the planet!

To test this... just get a cup of really hot water and put in some spinkles. Then you'd be able to actually see if they disolve...

Why not put the sprinkles in a tea ball and see if they deslove, that way you try it in coffee and don't have sweet hot water.

chefjwr said:
I have done the crescent roll recipe with the sprinkles. This morning I tried it a different way-- I used 2 pkg of crescent dough and put on melted butter and brown sugar and then added the new sprinkles. I rolled the dough from the shorter side-- making bigger cinnamon rolls. When I cut them, I used dental floss. Slide floss under and pull the two end around to meet and cross and cut off a piece of the roll. The floss does not crush the cinnamon rolls when you cut.Using the brown sugar tastes good and saves on the cost of the sprinkles.

I do that when I am at home, but if I am cutting something like that at a show...I use my forged bread knife so I am selling another product. That dental floss thing is the BEST tip!

Okay now I am going to have to try that..... make me hungry while I am at work Thanks KELLY!!! :p

pampered1224 said:
And did anyone try the coffee thing? I have to get regualr coffee to try it but I was thinking that putting the sprinkles in the basket with the grounds. That it might work better as I have this thing about gunk in the bottom of my coffee cup. Especially if the sprinkles do not completely disolve. Not that it would not taste good but, yew! It's a texture thing.

Oh my gosh, I never thought of trying the sprinkles in coffee! OHHHH! Can't wait to get some!

They mentioned the coffee thing at conference and it sounds good, but I am not a coffee drinker...

Other things to use them in or on:

Oatmeal
yogurt
ice cream
as a muffin topping
mix into cream cheese for bagel spread (or for 'nilla wafers!)

What other ideas can you all think of?

KellyTheChef said:
They mentioned the coffee thing at conference and it sounds good, but I am not a coffee drinker...

Other things to use them in or on:

Oatmeal
yogurt
ice cream
as a muffin topping
mix into cream cheese for bagel spread (or for 'nilla wafers!)

What other ideas can you all think of?

You could add it to Hot Chocolate, if you make homemade cinommon raisen bread that might add extra flavor.....

Hey Kelly...I am drooling over your dead horse being beat!! I am going to need a microfiber to clean the drool up!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
French Toast!

I vote for that!

Make sure when you make your french toast, add a little sugar to the egg wash (it will brown nicer) and some of our awesome vanilla!

Then, top it off like Debi said!

YUM!:D

baychef said:
Hey Kelly...I am drooling over your dead horse being beat!! I am going to need a microfiber to clean the drool up!!

We are all SUPER dead horse beaters!

And....ANOTHER USE for our MFtowels!!;)

KellyTheChef said:
I vote for that!

Make sure when you make your french toast, add a little sugar to the egg wash (it will brown nicer) and some of our awesome vanilla!

Then, top it off like Debi said!

YUM!:D
I need both the Lilac AND the Artichoke MFTs now!!!! I will have to make some and just give it a test drive!! The sacrifices we make for our careers!:D

baychef said:
I need both the Lilac AND the Artichoke MFTs now!!!! I will have to make some and just give it a test drive!! The sacrifices we make for our careers!:D

I know, I know....it's rough sometimes! ;)

Chefjwr - What temp & how long do you bake the rolls made with crescent rolls? Same as the cinnamon bites - 10-12 min @ 375 degrees?

KellyTheChef said:
Take one roll of cheap biscuits (You can buy them in a pack of 4 for less than $2) and cut them into quarters. Using your spatula, toss them in the butter so they are all coated. Spread them out so they are even in the pan.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what kind of biscuits do you use for these? When I went to buy them, there were flaky biscuits and buttermilk. I bought both "just in case", but prefer not to figure it out by trial and error. :D

tx_deputyswife said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what kind of biscuits do you use for these? When I went to buy them, there were flaky biscuits and buttermilk. I bought both "just in case", but prefer not to figure it out by trial and error. :D
I have always bought the 4 pack of buttermilk...they are about $1.75 if I get the WallyWorld brand!

I think either of them would taste good...

Cinn bites in saute panWhich pan did you do this in? The ss or the exec?

1. How do I make the cinnamon bites even better?

To make the cinnamon bites even more flavorful, try adding a couple tablespoons of brown sugar to the butter before tossing in the biscuit quarters. This will add a delicious caramelized flavor to the bites.

2. What's the key ingredient for making the cinnamon bites taste "smack-your-mama good"?

The key ingredient for making the cinnamon bites taste extra delicious is using real butter instead of margarine. The butter adds a rich, buttery flavor that can't be beat.

3. Can I use a different type of pan besides a saute pan?

Yes, you can use either a small saute pan or a 10" saute pan for this recipe. Just make sure to evenly spread out the biscuit quarters so they cook evenly.

4. How do I showcase the non-stick feature of the pans when making these cinnamon bites?

To showcase the non-stick feature of our pans, simply slide the cooked cinnamon bites off the pan and onto a plate instead of inverting them. This will show how easily the bites slide off without sticking to the pan.

5. Can I use a different type of sprinkle for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of sprinkle you prefer. The original recipe calls for cinnamon or caramel sprinkles, but you can also try using chocolate or colored sprinkles for a fun twist. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • janezapchef