• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Made the New Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta

Oh! I added extra cheese too....can't have too much provalone!! lolThe recipe is from the F/w 08 SBRC cookbook. Some suggestions for cutting the dish without damaging the cookware include using a spatula or nylon knife. The dish can also be made with turkey sausage and smoked provolone for a different flavor. Adding more red bell peppers and omitting the sausage is an option for those who prefer a vegetarian option. A blend of red and yellow peppers, as well as mushrooms, can also be added for extra flavor and nutrition. The cook also recommends using a shredded provolone and mozzarella blend from Sargento. The cook also notes making salsa
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
We had this for dinner tonight....very good! My only complaint was that it is made in the 12" skillet (great to show cookware though!!) and most people don't have a way to cut it without damaging the cookware.

I am thinking that you could let it set up for a few minutes, then slide it off onto our round SA platter...or possibly try it in the rectangle baker? (I say the baker cuz you need the crust to come up the sides so I don't think the large bar pan would do it...)

I added extra sausage....then only sprinkled the peppers on half of it (DH doesn't like them) and I added chopped red onion to my side too! I just sprinkled them on top of the cheese and did NOT pre-saute them at all.

Oh! I added extra cheese too....can't have too much provalone!! lol

There are lots of tools to use on non stick. It wasn't hard to cut with the spatula. I did use the nylon knife on of the two times I made it, but the nylon tools worked fine, too.

I made this with 20 oz of turkey sausage the first time and it was fine. The second time I followed the directions exactly and it was good. The only provolone I could find was smoked and it was yummy. I'd like to have more red bell pepper and no sausage but the family thinks they need meat. Overload on protein if you ask me.

This looks interesting, what cook book is it in??

F/w 08 SBRC.

JAE said:
There are lots of tools to use on non stick. It wasn't hard to cut with the spatula. I did use the nylon knife on of the two times I made it, but the nylon tools worked fine, too.

I made this with 20 oz of turkey sausage the first time and it was fine. The second time I followed the directions exactly and it was good. The only provolone I could find was smoked and it was yummy. I'd like to have more red bell pepper and no sausage but the family thinks they need meat. Overload on protein if you ask me.

You can't overload on protein in my world!:D

I found a shredded provolone/mozzarella blend from Sargento - and thought of you! I bought some so I can make this. When you made it for the Meeting, was it turkey sausage or regular? It was really good - and I have both in the freezer. I have some bell peppers that are ripe in the garden - so I'll use a blend of red & yellow....and I think I'll throw in some mushrooms too.

ChefBeckyD said:
You can't overload on protein in my world!:D

I found a shredded provolone/mozzarella blend from Sargento - and thought of you! I bought some so I can make this. When you made it for the Meeting, was it turkey sausage or regular? It was really good - and I have both in the freezer. I have some bell peppers that are ripe in the garden - so I'll use a blend of red & yellow....and I think I'll throw in some mushrooms too.
Jennie O Turkey Sweet Italian Sausage.

JAE said:
Jennie O Turkey Sweet Italian Sausage.
Great ~ I have that!

Oh, and before you ask - I'm still up because I have to wait for all of the salsa to cool so I can put it in the freezer. We did 20 pints tonight!

Believe it or not, I wasn't even thinking about how late you're up. But, it may have crossed my mind eventually, so thanks for letting me know.:)

JAE said:
Believe it or not, I wasn't even thinking about how late you're up. But, it may have crossed my mind eventually, so thanks for letting me know.:)
I'm fading fast - but at least I've answered the "what's for dinner" question for tomorrow!:thumbup::)

I'm out of here. I am having a hard time staying awake.

KellyTheChef said:
We had this for dinner tonight....very good! My only complaint was that it is made in the 12" skillet (great to show cookware though!!) and most people don't have a way to cut it without damaging the cookware.

I am thinking that you could let it set up for a few minutes, then slide it off onto our round SA platter...or possibly try it in the rectangle baker? (I say the baker cuz you need the crust to come up the sides so I don't think the large bar pan would do it...)

I added extra sausage....then only sprinkled the peppers on half of it (DH doesn't like them) and I added chopped red onion to my side too! I just sprinkled them on top of the cheese and did NOT pre-saute them at all.

Oh! I added extra cheese too....can't have too much provalone!! lol

We made this at our cluster meeting and had a hard time getting it out. Then, I made it yesterday at home and slid it out onto the large round SA platter quite nicely. I used a really large spatula (non-PC) to help me guide it out. With some nice garnish, it'd look even better! Here's a pic!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 311
omg! that looks so good!!! I may have to invite a friend over for brunch this weekend ;)

Do you think you could cut it with a bamboo spatula if you couldn't get it onto a platter without messing it up? (I'm been known to mangle a few pies in my day!)

Keith, that looks totally delicious! And even better on the SA platter :). Alison, that is a great idea to do it for a brunch.

YUM!

buckeyefan08 said:
Do you think you could cut it with a bamboo spatula if you couldn't get it onto a platter without messing it up? (I'm been known to mangle a few pies in my day!)

I think that would work for cutting it. It may be hard to get out, though. I use the nylon slice 'n serve, but since we don't have that anymore it doesn't really help our guests though.

I cut it right in the pan with the small turner from the Cook's Tools line. It works well, and then I don't burn myself trying to turn the frittata out whole onto a platter.

1. How do I make the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta?

To make the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta, you will need a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker and the following ingredients: 1 lb breakfast sausage, 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 onion, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 can refrigerated biscuits, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Cook the sausage in the Deep Covered Baker over medium heat until browned. Remove the sausage and set aside. In the same baker, cook the peppers and onion until softened. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Cut the biscuits into quarters and add them to the egg mixture. Pour everything into the baker and top with the cooked sausage and shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of meat in the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta?

Yes, you can use any type of breakfast meat in the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta. Some popular options include bacon, ham, or turkey sausage. Just be sure to cook the meat thoroughly before adding it to the fritatta.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta the night before and bake it in the morning. Simply follow the instructions for cooking the sausage and peppers, but instead of adding the egg mixture, cover and refrigerate the baker overnight. In the morning, whisk the eggs and milk together and add them to the baker with the refrigerated ingredients. Bake as directed.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese in the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta?

Absolutely! You can use any type of cheese that you prefer in this recipe. Some tasty options include mozzarella, pepper jack, or feta cheese. Just make sure to use a cheese that melts well for best results.

5. Can I freeze the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta?

Yes, you can freeze the Sausage and Pepper Biscuit Fritatta for later use. Simply allow the fritatta to cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Monty060609
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies