• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Fried Chicken Never Turns

In summary, someone is trying to cook fried chicken in the oven but it never turns out correctly. The person has tried different methods but still has problems. They eventually found a recipe that they like and it doesn't require buttermilk.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Can someone help me cook some good fried chicken????? We have be attempting to eat healthier so I have been trying fried chicken in the oven, it just never turns out. I have followed my sis recipe to a T but still not working. (her's is ALWAYS perfect & she is the one who asked me how to my cup of noodles just years ago)

I dip the chicken in water (have tried eggs but did not work) then roll in floor. I have tried the lrg bar pan with butter and without it. Then cook around 45 minutes on one side then flip and cook for another 30 min or so and without but it just doesn't turn out looking right, not even close. (have tried different cooking times)

The chickens are skinless and boneless. The coating around the chicken always seems to fall off.

Any suggestions??

I have a great recipe I got from Ina Garden (Barefoot Contessa).

Soak chicken overnight in buttermilk (you can use low fat). I use the 8 qt. stainless bowl so I can close it w/the lid. Roll in flour mixed w/whatever spices you like (I use chilli powder). Fry for about 5 min. in a deep fryer - I use Canolla oil so it's less fat. Then bake in the oven on a bar pan at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour. I check the internal temp. at about 20 miin. My oven sometimes runs too hot.

This recipe gives a great fried taste w/o having to fry it the entire time. Plus you can have it all ready at the same time coming out of the oven. I can only fry about 2-3 pieces at a time otherwise.

My kids love this chicken and now ask me to make it a lot! Good Luck!

If you check my blog, I've made buttermilk oven fried chicken (but you can also sub the buttermilk for lemon juice + evaporated milk). Here is a link to the actual post and I also have pictures of the chicken further down:

http://joelens.blogspot.com/2007/05/packing-picnic.html

Joelen said:
If you check my blog, I've made buttermilk oven fried chicken (but you can also sub the buttermilk for lemon juice + evaporated milk). Here is a link to the actual post and I also have pictures of the chicken further down:

http://joelens.blogspot.com/2007/05/packing-picnic.html

Love your blogsite, have been checking it out the past couple of days.

Question on the chicken...it's called Buttermilk Oven Fried, but uses no buttermilk? Just making sure I've got the right recipe!

Thanks for sharing...

naekelsey said:
I dip the chicken in water (have tried eggs but did not work) then roll in floor.

Rolling it in the "floor" may be the problem!!!!:D :D :D

I'm sorry, I could just not resist that one!!!!:D

thanks..I will try these. I will let you know if I need some more help!!

Buttermilk without the butter milkWhen ever you mix lemon juice with any type of milk, you get something very similar to butter milk. When my mom used to do a lot of baking, especially buttermilk biscuts, and she didn't have buttermilk, she simply soured regular milk with lemon juice.

I love that too! If I saw someone rolling the chicken in the floor I'd be on the floor rolling!

1. Why does my fried chicken always turn out greasy?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are using the correct temperature for frying. Too low of a temperature will result in greasy chicken. Also, make sure you are not overcrowding the pan, as this can cause the chicken to absorb more oil. Lastly, try using a paper towel to blot excess oil off the chicken after frying.

2. How do I get my fried chicken to have a crispy crust?

To achieve a crispy crust, make sure your oil is at the correct temperature before adding the chicken. Also, coat the chicken in flour or a mixture of flour and cornstarch before frying. For an extra crispy crust, you can also try double-dipping the chicken in the flour mixture before frying.

3. My fried chicken always turns out dry. How can I prevent this?

Dry chicken is often a result of overcooking. Make sure you are not frying the chicken for too long, and remove it from the oil once it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. You can also try marinating the chicken in buttermilk before frying, as this will help keep it moist.

4. Can I use a different type of oil for frying chicken?

Yes, you can use different types of oil for frying chicken. However, it is important to use an oil with a high smoke point, such as vegetable or canola oil. Avoid using oils with low smoke points, like olive oil, as they can burn at high temperatures.

5. How do I know when my fried chicken is done cooking?

The best way to know when fried chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
Replies