• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundaes

In summary, to make a Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, a can of cherry pie filling, pumpkin pie spice, whipped topping, and chopped pecans (optional). To assemble the sundae, bake the cake mix, mix together the cherry filling and spice, layer the cake, cherry mixture, and whipped topping, and top with pecans. It can be made ahead of time and can use different fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and apples. This recipe makes 4 servings, but can be adjusted for more or less.
Jennie4PC
I was wondering what you could use in place of the cinnamon spice blend? It looks like a really good recipe?

Jennie4PC said:
I was wondering what you could use in place of the cinnamon spice blend? It looks like a really good recipe?

Nothing, just leave it out. The spice blend is just the Fall flavors, it consists of nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon & sometimes cloves. If you leave it out it wont have a spice flavor.

The Cinnamon Plus blend is basically Pumpkin Pie Spice. So if you have a jar of that, you can substitute.

I agree with Ann- use Pumpkin Pie Spice. The spice gives it a great "fall" flavor!

Hi there! Thank you for asking about substitutions for the cinnamon spice blend. There are a few options you could try depending on your personal taste preferences and what you have on hand. Some options could include nutmeg, allspice, or pumpkin pie spice. You could also try using a combination of ground ginger, cloves, and cardamom. I hope this helps and that you enjoy the recipe! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae?

To make a Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae, you will need:

• 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tub of whipped topping
  • 1/4 cup of chopped pecans (optional)

2. How do I assemble the Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae?

To assemble the Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae, follow these steps:

• Bake the yellow cake mix according to package instructions and let it cool.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together the cherry pie filling and pumpkin pie spice.
  • Layer the cake, cherry mixture, and whipped topping in a sundae dish or individual glasses.
  • Top with chopped pecans, if desired.

3. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae ahead of time. Simply assemble the sundaes and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving. Add the whipped topping and chopped pecans right before serving.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit besides cherries?

Yes, you can use a different type of fruit for this recipe. Some suggested alternatives are:

• Sliced strawberries and strawberry pie filling
  • Blueberries and blueberry pie filling
  • Peaches and peach pie filling
  • Apple slices and apple pie filling

5. What is the serving size for the Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae?

This recipe makes 4 servings of Spiced Cherry Shortcake Sundae. However, you can adjust the ingredients to make more or less servings depending on your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76