• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Cinnamon Plus Spice to Use

In summary, Amanda can substitute the spices in a recipe with cinnamon+, ginger+ and cloves+. She also adds 1/4 tsp of the Cinn.Plus to recipes that don't call for it. For Thanksgiving, she makes 3 different types of pies using 6 cups of flour and 1 cup of chopped nuts. The chocolate chips can be added to the cookies if desired.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've only made a pumpkin pie about twice in my life. My boys LOVE pumpkin pie and have been begging me to make one and they want to help. So, I own the cinnamon plus spice blend and haven't ever used it before. Mainly because I don't know how to use it. :blushing:

When a recipe calls for cinnamon, ginger & cloves, I can just use the Cinn.Plus instead, right? How much?

For example, the recipe on the Libby's canned pumpkin says to do: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp cloves. So what do you think?

Okay - this is coming from someone who completely ADORES this spice, but when I make that recipe, I do 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp cinn. + blend. I always add extra cinn. + blend to recipes that call for it though, and add it to recipes that don't call for it!

(and my favorite - to my coffee grounds, in my coffee maker - I add 1/4th teas. of vanilla, and 1/2 teas. cinn + blend. YUMMY coffee!)

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

I just add them up and use that much cinn spice blend. So I would use 1 3/4 t.

Like Deb I add up the spices, then I add just a tad more. I also add additional freshly grated nutmeg, but that's me.

babywings76 said:
I've only made a pumpkin pie about twice in my life. My boys LOVE pumpkin pie and have been begging me to make one and they want to help. So, I own the cinnamon plus spice blend and haven't ever used it before. Mainly because I don't know how to use it. :blushing:

When a recipe calls for cinnamon, ginger & cloves, I can just use the Cinn.Plus instead, right? How much?

For example, the recipe on the Libby's canned pumpkin says to do: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp cloves. So what do you think?

I make several pies this time of year and I always substitute with cinnamon+. I use 2 tsp - replacing the other spices. I always get raves on the pumpkin pie. At Thanksgiving I make 2 apple, 1 cherry and 3 pumpkin pies for 15 people. They all disappear quickly but the pumpkin is always first to go - even with THREE pies.

I used 1 tsp regular cinnamon and 1 tsp of the plus. My son and DH LOVED it. My other son, the one who was insisting on me making it and him helping me, didn't. He just wanted to eat the whipped cream. :rolleyes:I'm not a huge pie person and the texture of pumpkin pie just doesn't go over too well for me for some odd reason. I guess I'd rather eat chocolate, cake or cookies. ;) (I do have a great pumpkin cookie recipe that I love, though.) :D

OK, so would you share your pumpkin cookie recipe? It's that "pumpkin" time of year and we're making pies, muffins and cheesecake. I would love to be able to make pumpkin cookies, too.​

Sure thing, here it is:pumpkin Cookies3 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin
3 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups butterCream them together.3 tsp Baking Powder
3 tsp Cinnamon
3 tsp Baking Soda
1 pinch of Salt
6 cups of FlourCombine dry ingredients and mix in separate bowl. Then combine with mixture that you creamed together.Add 1 cup of chopped nuts
6 oz of Chocolate chips (if desired)Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.*I usually make these w/o nuts, but with the Chocolate chips. One time I made them with the canned Pumpkin Pie Filling by accident and they also turned out great. So you really can't mess this up! ;)

Amanda, have you ever tried using home-cooked pumpkin instead of canned? The texture is different and the flavor is much deeper. Just take a small sugar pumpkin (sometimes called a pie pumpkin) and cut it in half. Scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff. Place the pumpkin halves cut-side down on a baking sheet. Pop into a 350F oven for about half an hour or until the flesh is tender. Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes until you can touch the pumpkin without burning yourself. The rind will slip right off. Mash the flesh or press it through a ricer. The cooked pumpkin can be frozen for several months.

Thanks Rae, I'll have to try that sometime. I remember when I lived in an apartment in college, I wanted to try to make totally homemade pumpkin pie. I got a small pumpkin and cut it up and cooked it. I think I boiled it or something crazy like that. I had no idea really what I was doing, I think. I can't remember what recipe I was going by. (I think your method sounds much better!) :) I used a blender on the cooked pumpkin and then proceeded with the recipe. I have to admit, those 2 pies I made were the BEST pumpkin pie I have EVER had in my life! Since then, though, I have never liked pumpkin pie. Maybe it's because all of the ones I've eaten haven't come from fresh pumpkin. After going through pregnancy hormones and such, there are several things I just can't bring myself to eat. Certain textures just don't appeal to me. I don't know why...I'm just weird. lolBut, maybe you're right and I'd like the fresh pumpkin instead.

I haven't used canned pumpkin for years. The Furry Guy often takes a day to process our pumpkins. He sometimes uses the microwave to speed the process along, but roasting the pumpkins really brings out the flavor. BTW, brown sugar in place of white sugar really complements the flavor of the pumpkin well.

I totally agree! Fresh pumpkin is FAR better than canned. I prepare it the same way Rae does. I didn't realize it could be frozen though. :thumbup:

BethCooks4U said:
I totally agree! Fresh pumpkin is FAR better than canned. I prepare it the same way Rae does. I didn't realize it could be frozen though. :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I freeze pumpkin and squash every year. (Did you know that in a pinch, you can use butternut squash in place of pumpkin? Works great!)

I throw a bunch of sugar pumpkins in my PC roaster, with a little water in the bottom, and let then roast for hours at 300 degrees. Then I let them get cool enough to touch, cut them in chunks, and run them through my wonderful wonderful Sauce Master!http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DDVMQ/?tag=pfamazon01-20 I don't have to peel, or seed them - it's SO easy! Then, I put a quart sized freezer bag down inside the measure all cup, and fill with 2 cups of pumpkin, pull out the bag, and flatten it out to release the air. I just did 6 bags of squash like this last Friday, and have 6 more pumpkins to do today. (already have 5 bags of pumpkin in the freezer!)

My family is a bit obsessed with pumpkin and squash. :eek: Oh - and the Sauce Master is also WONDERFUL for making applesauce, salsa, tomato puree, peach jam....many many things! I love that thing! I got mine for a real deal of $24.99 several years ago, and I still say it's some of the best money I ever spent!

ChefBeckyD said:
Did you know that in a pinch, you can use butternut squash in place of pumpkin? Works great!

Once my dad tried squash, he doesn't do pumpkin anymore. I still prefer the pumpkin but the squash is really good, too.

1. How much Cinnamon Plus Spice should I use in my recipe?

The recommended amount of Cinnamon Plus Spice to use in a recipe is 1/2 teaspoon per 1 cup of flour. However, the amount can vary depending on personal preference and the specific recipe being used.

2. Can I use Cinnamon Plus Spice as a substitute for regular cinnamon?

Yes, Cinnamon Plus Spice can be used as a substitute for regular cinnamon in recipes. However, the flavor may be slightly different as Cinnamon Plus Spice contains other spices in addition to cinnamon.

3. How does the flavor of Cinnamon Plus Spice differ from regular cinnamon?

Cinnamon Plus Spice has a more complex flavor profile due to the addition of other spices such as nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. It also has a slightly sweeter taste compared to regular cinnamon.

4. Can I adjust the amount of Cinnamon Plus Spice in my recipe?

Yes, you can adjust the amount of Cinnamon Plus Spice in your recipe to suit your personal taste. It is recommended to start with the recommended amount and then adjust as needed.

5. What types of recipes can I use Cinnamon Plus Spice in?

Cinnamon Plus Spice can be used in a variety of recipes such as baked goods, hot beverages, and savory dishes. It adds a warm and slightly sweet flavor to any dish it is added to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchockeymom