1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Substitution for Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend????

1. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Going to make the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp at a show tomorrow. I don't have the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend. What works good in substitution for that??

TIA!!

Dec 9, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Pumpkin Pie Spice.

OR

a blend of mostly cinnamon, with a little ginger, nutmeg, and cloves mixed in...

OR

use just cinnamon.

Dec 9, 2009
  3. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

cool! thanks!!!

Dec 9, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

This is what I did.

Dec 9, 2009
  5. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I finally bought the stuff for the first time ever in October (Cinnamon Plus). I will never go back! It was so good. The Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp was delicious, but I wish I had had Granny Smith's because it was missing that tart flavor. I'm looking forward to a reason to make it again. I have to have company or a gathering of some sort because it's just too much for my family. I end up eating most of it.

Dec 9, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think mine ended up coming out the best the first time I did it. I prepped in advance because I made it for an open house, and to keep the apples from turning brown I tossed them in lemon juice. They ended up sitting with the lemon juice for a coule of hours, and I think the extra bit of tartness that created was just perfect!

Dec 9, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted