• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitution for Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend????

In summary, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is a versatile blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice commonly used in baking and cooking to add warmth and depth of flavor to dishes. It can be substituted with a mixture of equal parts of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice or with pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice. It can also be used in savory dishes, but in moderation. Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is gluten-free and can be used in place of ground cinnamon, but may have a slightly different flavor due to the addition of nutmeg and allspice.
Liquid Sky
Going to make the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp at a show tomorrow. I don't have the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend. What works good in substitution for that??

TIA!!

Liquid Sky said:
Going to make the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp at a show tomorrow. I don't have the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend. What works good in substitution for that??

TIA!!

Pumpkin Pie Spice.

OR

a blend of mostly cinnamon, with a little ginger, nutmeg, and cloves mixed in...

OR

use just cinnamon.

cool! thanks!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
a blend of mostly cinnamon, with a little ginger, nutmeg, and cloves mixed in...

This is what I did.

I finally bought the stuff for the first time ever in October (Cinnamon Plus). I will never go back! It was so good. The Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp was delicious, but I wish I had had Granny Smith's because it was missing that tart flavor. I'm looking forward to a reason to make it again. I have to have company or a gathering of some sort because it's just too much for my family. I end up eating most of it.

I think mine ended up coming out the best the first time I did it. I prepped in advance because I made it for an open house, and to keep the apples from turning brown I tossed them in lemon juice. They ended up sitting with the lemon juice for a coule of hours, and I think the extra bit of tartness that created was just perfect!

What is Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend and why do people use it?

Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice that is commonly used in baking and cooking to add warmth and depth of flavor to dishes. It is a convenient and versatile spice blend that can be used in a variety of recipes.

What can I use as a substitute for Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend?

If you don't have Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend on hand, you can create your own substitute by combining equal parts of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Alternatively, you can use pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice as a substitute, although the flavor may not be exactly the same.

Can I use Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend in savory dishes?

While Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is commonly used in sweet dishes, it can also add a warm and slightly spicy flavor to savory dishes such as stews, sauces, and marinades. Just be sure to use it in moderation so it doesn't overpower the other flavors in the dish.

Is Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend gluten-free?

Yes, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is gluten-free and is suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies. However, always double-check the ingredients label to be sure, as some brands may add fillers or additives that could contain gluten.

Can I use Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend in place of ground cinnamon?

Yes, you can use Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend in place of ground cinnamon in most recipes. However, keep in mind that it also contains nutmeg and allspice, so the flavor may be slightly different. Adjust the amount used based on your personal taste preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies