• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Applesauce Recipe in the Microwave using DCB!

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is an ideal tool for making homemade applesauce. It evenly distributes heat, resulting in a smooth and flavorful sauce. The cooking time varies but takes about 30 minutes to cook the apples and an additional 10-15 minutes to mash and season. It is recommended to peel the apples before cooking to avoid tough and unappetizing peels. Any type of apples can be used, but some varieties, like Granny Smith and Honeycrisp, are better for their texture and flavor. The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, but can also be hand washed with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners on the ston
KristinS
Mmmmm... I just made applesauce in my DCB in the microwave and it was great!

I just peeled about a dozen apples and cut them using my apple wedger. Put them all in the DCB with about a half cup of apple cider and a few shakes of the Cinnamon Plus Spice blend.

I cooked it for 15 minutes on High, stirred it a few times and mashed it with my Mix N Masher - couldn't have been easier!

sounds good, I'll have to try that. I bought a package of rolls (the ones that cirlce around) and put a pat of butter on each, sprinkled with the cinnamon sugar spice we have and baked on the LBP. YUMMY!

The apples were so soft and the sauce was perfectly sweet and flavorful. I love that I didn't have to add any sugar - the natural sweetness of the apples and the spice blend were just perfect. I'm definitely going to make this again and maybe even try adding some other fruits like pears or cranberries for a different twist. This is such a great way to make a healthier and more flavorful applesauce without any added sugar or preservatives. And the best part - hardly any clean up! Just rinse out the DCB and you're done.

1. Can I make homemade applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making homemade applesauce. The stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat, resulting in a smooth and flavorful applesauce.

2. How long does it take to make applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the amount of apples and your desired consistency. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to cook the apples and an additional 10-15 minutes to mash and season the applesauce.

3. Do I need to peel the apples before making applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker?

It is recommended to peel the apples before making applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker. The peels can become tough and unappetizing when cooked in the stoneware.

4. Can I use any type of apples for applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for applesauce in the Deep Covered Baker. However, some apples, like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, are better for making applesauce because of their texture and flavor.

5. How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker after making applesauce?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If you prefer to hand wash, soak the stoneware in warm soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners on the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
Tina1977
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips