• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfectly Cooked Pork Tenderloin: Tips and Rub Recommendations

In summary, the best way to cook pork tenderloin is to roast it in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. To prevent it from drying out, avoid overcooking and baste it with a marinade or sauce. Pork tenderloin can also be cooked on the stovetop by searing and finishing in the oven. For maximum tenderness and flavor, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Some good seasoning options include garlic, herbs, citrus, and spices, and it can also be marinated before cooking.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
1. When cooking, if I don't have a thermometer, how in appearance does your tenderloin look to the eye when done?

I've made pork before...I suppose that at first 'look' after 7 min. ( 1 lb of pork, cut in 2 sections) the inner areas looked a little 'lighter in color..' not pink, but just a little lighter, so i cooked it 3 more minutes..

I used it in my asian noodle skillet and it was good, but wonder maybe I did it too long?

2. I don't have any of the rubs, anyone recommend any 'other rubs' i could use based on your recommendation? It's for a show tomorrow

For pork, you could always just use salt/pepper/garlic powder - very tasty.

As for the thermometer, I don't know of a sure-fire way to tell if it is done (for beef you can go by the way it feels).

Hi there! When cooking pork tenderloin, the best way to determine if it is done is by using a meat thermometer. However, if you don't have one, there are a few visual cues you can look for. The internal temperature of cooked pork should be 145°F, so you can use that as a guide. When the pork is cooked, the outer layer should be golden brown and the juices should run clear. The meat should also feel slightly firm to the touch.As for rubs, there are many different options you can use. Some good substitutes for a pork rub include a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar. You can also try a store-bought BBQ rub or a simple salt and pepper rub. Just make sure to season the pork generously before cooking for the best flavor. Good luck with your show tomorrow!

1. What is the best way to cook pork tenderloin?

The best way to cook pork tenderloin is to roast it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place the pork tenderloin on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

2. How do I prevent pork tenderloin from drying out?

To prevent pork tenderloin from drying out, make sure to not overcook it. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove it from the oven when it reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, basting the pork with a marinade or sauce during cooking can help keep it moist.

3. Can I cook pork tenderloin on the stovetop?

Yes, you can cook pork tenderloin on the stovetop by searing it in a hot skillet and then finishing it in the oven. This method allows for a nice crust to form on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy.

4. How long should I let pork tenderloin rest before slicing?

It is recommended to let pork tenderloin rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and results in a more tender and flavorful meat.

5. What are some good seasoning options for pork tenderloin?

Pork tenderloin pairs well with a variety of seasonings, such as garlic, herbs (such as rosemary or thyme), citrus (such as lemon or orange), and spices (such as paprika or cumin). It can also be marinated in a mixture of your choice before cooking for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • augmommychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferm
  • brendaziz