• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rinsing and Rubbing a Lemon/Garlic Pork Tenderloin: Tips for a 1.7lb Cut

This will sell those bakers. I sold 1 at a show just by telling them about the chicken and pork in the microwave. I didn't even have the baker there!!
lisa717
I couldn't find an UNSEASONed pork tenderloin so I bought a 1.7lb lemon/garlic one.....can I rinse it off and put my rub on it and how long for 1.7lber???????This is for us not a show..LOL

Are you microwaving it? If so, just start at 6 minutes & check every 2 minutes after that. It will probably take longer than 10 minutes, but not by too much.

Just leave the seasoning on...it's no biggie...and cook as the other poster described.

Just check the temp. It will probably take longer than 10 min.

I cooked a 1.7 lb and it took 13 minutes. Did you get it from Walmart?

This is an excellent show recipe. I sold 3 bakers at my last show with only 4 guests there!!! I made the BBQ sauce from the sweet and smoky rub and everyone bought at least 1 of those.

I cooked two 1 lb tenderloins and it took 12 minutes. I would also not add more seasoning and enjoy the lemon garlic. I also did it at a show and sold 2 and the crowd was NOT big spenders.

chefruthie said:
This is an excellent show recipe. I sold 3 bakers at my last show with only 4 guests there!!! I made the BBQ sauce from the sweet and smoky rub and everyone bought at least 1 of those.

I agree! If not buying they are booking to buy at a discount! Make the salad too - its so quick!

I'm making that recipe at my show this Wednesday. THe dressing sounds really good too. In June I sold 7 Bakers!! 2 to the Hosts and 5 at regular price:)

My microwave is too small for the covered baker....and I hate the idea of doing a recipe for the first time at a show. Is this one as full-proof and wonderful as it sounds?

Love the idea of selling three of them at one show....or if there's 8 people there, maybe 6?:D

I'm the same way! This is for sure fool proof. My kids thought I was nuts the 1st time I made this. It was 1 hour before I had to leave for my show and I had to make the recipe at my house because I just couldn't bring myself to make it for the first time at a show. We stood around our island slicing the meat and dipping it in the sauce and each of us kept saying "YUM".
This will sell those bakers. I sold 1 at a show just by telling them about the chicken and pork in the microwave. I didn't even have the baker there!!

I made the southwest pork fajitas and everyone LOVED it! I found it had to cook longer than the recipe called for. Even reaching the temp on the recipe directions(160 deg) it was very rare when I sliced it. I just sliced the rest and microwaved it a few more minutes and it was fine.

Related to Rinsing and Rubbing a Lemon/Garlic Pork Tenderloin: Tips for a 1.7lb Cut

1. How do I properly rinse a pork tenderloin before cooking?

To properly rinse a pork tenderloin, first remove it from its packaging and place it under cold running water. Use your hands to gently rub the surface of the meat, removing any debris or excess juices. Pat the tenderloin dry with paper towels before moving on to the next step.

2. Should I remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin?

Yes, it is recommended to remove the silver skin from a pork tenderloin before cooking. This tough membrane can prevent the flavors of the marinade or rub from penetrating the meat. Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the silver skin by sliding the blade under the membrane and cutting it away.

3. How do I make a lemon and garlic rub for my pork tenderloin?

To make a lemon and garlic rub for a 1.7lb pork tenderloin, combine 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix all ingredients together and rub it onto the surface of the pork tenderloin before cooking.

4. Can I use a different type of citrus for the rub?

Yes, you can use a different type of citrus for the rub. Some other options include orange, lime, or grapefruit. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique rub for the pork tenderloin.

5. How long should I let the pork tenderloin marinate?

It is recommended to let the pork tenderloin marinate for at least 30 minutes, but you can also marinate it for up to 24 hours. This will allow the flavors to fully infuse into the meat and make it more tender and flavorful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • augmommychef