• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aQuick ? About Cookware in the Oven...

In summary, the author is unsure if the hard anodized finish on the other cookware would make it unsafe to broil.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I want to try out the new recipe for the orange cranberry skillet bread pudding, but I don't have the 10" SS pan, only the executive, which of course I won't put in the oven. However, my "other" cookware is SS with a hard anodized out-side finish. It is not a hard-anodized non-stick finish though, it is more of a matt black finish, not the shiny slippery finish.

So, the question is, do I dare put this in the oven at 450°F??? I'm guessing no, and I'll have to find a sub for the skillet. Not that it's really a big deal to cook a bread pudding in a skillet instead of a regular dish anyway... In fact, I don't really see the advantage to using a skillet in this case!!

So, what do y'all think?

First- why won't you put the Exec in the oven? Other than the temp required (if I'm reading it correctly at 450˚F). It's oven safe to 350˚.The reason the exec isn't oven safe at higher temps is because of the nonstick coating. So if your other cookware isn't non-stick, you should be able to put it in the oven. But you can probably find more info on the manufacturer's website to make sure.

Thanks Ann! I meant not putting the exec in at 450° (I realise now I didn't mention the temp until later :). I do monkey bread and garlic bites all the time in my 8" and 10" exec pans - YUM!!).

Unfortunately my cookware is 8 years old, (although still in great shape and I love it!) and I can't find anything about it on-line. It is revere, and the newest revere pro-line SS does not have the hard anodized exterior.

I am really loving my pieces of PC exec too though!!

SO anyone else know anything about putting hard anodized stuff in the oven??

The exec line is oven safe up to 400, not 350. I'd make the recipe and just bake it at 400 for a little while longer than the recipe calls for.

chefann said:
First- why won't you put the Exec in the oven? Other than the temp required (if I'm reading it correctly at 450˚F). It's oven safe to 350˚.

The reason the exec isn't oven safe at higher temps is because of the nonstick coating. So if your other cookware isn't non-stick, you should be able to put it in the oven. But you can probably find more info on the manufacturer's website to make sure.

Actually the Exec. Cookware is safe to 400 (the SS to 500, lids to 400) degrees.

Thanks ladies, unfortunately my exec is being used to cook our pork chops for dinner right now! I guess I will use my SS, maybe just do it at 400°F just in case...

Oops- not having the Exec (at least, not open to actually use, except the 8") I tend to forget what the upper limits are for the cookware. The Calphalon website doesn't list an upper limit for non-coated hard anodized cookware in the oven, so you're probably safe at 450˚F.

I think it requires SS because there's a step that goes under the broiler and you can't put the exec under the broiler.

1. Can I put Pampered Chef cookware in the oven?

Yes, all of our cookware is oven-safe up to 500°F.

2. How long can I leave the cookware in the oven?

Our cookware can safely be left in the oven for up to two hours. After that, it is recommended to remove it from the oven.

3. Can I use metal utensils with Pampered Chef cookware in the oven?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with our cookware in the oven as it can cause scratches and damage to the non-stick coating.

4. Is it safe to use our cookware in the oven at high temperatures?

Yes, our cookware is designed to withstand high temperatures up to 500°F. However, we recommend following the specific temperature guidelines for each type of cookware.

5. Can I use our cookware in the broiler?

Yes, our cookware is safe to use in the broiler. However, it is important to make sure the cookware is at least six inches away from the heating element to prevent any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
grayby
  • Veevahchef