• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Use Instead of the Deep Dish Baker

In summary, there are several alternatives that can be used as a substitute for the deep dish baker, including regular baking dishes, cast iron skillets, casserole dishes, springform pans, and pie dishes. Glass, metal, and silicone baking pans can also be used, but it is important to make sure they are oven-safe and can handle the necessary temperature for your recipe. However, it is not recommended to use aluminum foil as a substitute for the deep dish baker as it may affect the texture and appearance of your baked goods.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm making the Turkey Vegetable Cobbler from the It's Good For You cookbook. I don't own the DDB. SHould I use the DCB or a rectangular baker instead? Or should I use my 12 in skillet?

I'd say either the 12" skillet or Rectangular Baker.

I've done it in the 12". It's a little too spread out in there. If you do it in the 12", add a bit more milk b/c it will evaporate more. The DCB sounds like a good idea. If you have the 10" skillet, that would be a good alternate. It's what we're having for dinner tomorrow night :)

I would use the DCB. The rectangle baker would probably be a bit too big like she said the 12" skillet was.

Thanks! I'll probably use the DCB then. I was going to make it tonight, but noticed some other food in the fridge that needed to get used up first. So tomorrow it is! :)

1. What can I use instead of the deep dish baker for baking?

There are several options you can use as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Some popular alternatives include a regular baking dish, a cast iron skillet, a casserole dish, a springform pan, or a pie dish. Each of these options will work well for baking and can produce similar results to the deep dish baker.

2. Can I use a glass dish instead of the deep dish baker?

Yes, a glass baking dish can be used as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Just make sure the dish is oven-safe and can withstand the temperature needed for your recipe. Also, keep in mind that glass dishes may have a longer baking time compared to the deep dish baker, so you may need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.

3. Is it okay to use a metal pan instead of the deep dish baker?

Yes, a metal pan can be used as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Just like with a glass dish, make sure the pan is oven-safe and can handle the temperature needed for your recipe. Keep in mind that metal pans may heat up faster, so you may need to reduce your cooking time slightly.

4. Can I use a silicone baking pan instead of the deep dish baker?

Yes, a silicone baking pan can be used as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Just make sure the pan is oven-safe and can withstand the temperature needed for your recipe. Keep in mind that silicone pans may have a longer baking time compared to the deep dish baker, so you may need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.

5. Can I use aluminum foil as a substitute for the deep dish baker?

While aluminum foil can be used in baking, it is not recommended as a substitute for the deep dish baker. Using foil may affect the texture and appearance of your baked goods. It is best to use a proper baking dish or pan as a substitute for the deep dish baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • heat123