• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say When You Reach Answering Machines? Tips & Tricks!

In summary, it was a difficult night trying to make calls, but I did get a few replies. I used the words PC gave in their Blitz "Action Plan" pdf. I'm looking forward to next time.
Hunter Mom
What do you say?? I hate them! I am working to fill my calendar, so decided I'd make calls when I got home tonight. Since it was almost 8:30, I didn't get too many called but got 3 answering machines. Sigh. I always feel tounge tied when I get them. What are good words you use?

FWIW, I did send out an email from the PWS "warning" them I'd call. I told them that if they called me or replied first, I'd add a surprise onto their show. I got two who did reply, including one friend who I was a little surprised about. Happy surprised, though!

I'm with you. It's hard to know what to say. But I'm thinking the next time I make calls, I'm going to use the words PC gave in their Blitz "Action Plan" pdf.“This is __________ your Pampered Chef® Consultant. I’ve got
some exciting news! Call me at __________."

esavvymom said:
I'm with you. It's hard to know what to say. But I'm thinking the next time I make calls, I'm going to use the words PC gave in their Blitz "Action Plan" pdf.

“This is __________ your Pampered Chef® Consultant. I’ve got
some exciting news! Call me at __________."

Good Advice! But make sure you are ready when they call. Look in the mirror, put on a smile and make sure your excitement goes through the phone lines. Now is the time to hold a show with the January specials. I usually paint the picture of Holiday times, family times, then New Years and about a week after all the running around, buying gifts, attending parties, CABIN FEVER hits and everyone is dieing to get out. That's the best time to invite friends over. Awe them with a wonderful, yummy recipe that their friends would love to taste test. Plus you can fill their kitchen with some wonderful products they just have to have. **Make sure you ask if they have seen a catalog recently and what products they want for their kitchens and work it into the conversation. REMEMBER: This is for them! Good luck

Put one of their old receipts in your hand and say, "I was just looking at your receipt from (host)'s show and I have great news for you! (The monthly special / etc...). Call me when you get a chance, and enjoy your (item they purchased).

I would much rather speak to voicemail than the person... unless they call me... I find I'm more tonguetied when I have to speak to a person and my husband says my voice gets higher and it just freaks me out.

CRuff said:
Good Advice! But make sure you are ready when they call. Look in the mirror, put on a smile and make sure your excitement goes through the phone lines. Now is the time to hold a show with the January specials. I usually paint the picture of Holiday times, family times, then New Years and about a week after all the running around, buying gifts, attending parties, CABIN FEVER hits and everyone is dieing to get out. That's the best time to invite friends over. Awe them with a wonderful, yummy recipe that their friends would love to taste test. Plus you can fill their kitchen with some wonderful products they just have to have. **Make sure you ask if they have seen a catalog recently and what products they want for their kitchens and work it into the conversation. REMEMBER: This is for them! Good luck

I love these words!!!!!! I am definitely going to be using them.

1. How should I start my message on an answering machine?

It's always a good idea to start by introducing yourself and your reason for calling. For example, "Hi, this is [Your Name] from Pampered Chef. I'm calling to follow up on your recent order."

2. Should I leave my contact information in the message?

Yes, it's important to leave your contact information in case the recipient wants to call you back. Make sure to speak slowly and clearly when leaving your phone number or email address.

3. What should I do if I reach a voicemail that doesn't have a personal greeting?

In this case, it's best to assume that you've reached the correct number and leave a message. Simply follow the same guidelines for leaving a message on a personal greeting.

4. Is it okay to leave a detailed message on an answering machine?

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to leave a detailed message on an answering machine. Just make sure to keep it concise and to the point, as most people won't listen to long messages on their voicemail.

5. What should I do if I keep getting an answering machine when calling a customer?

If you repeatedly reach an answering machine when trying to reach a customer, it may be best to try calling at a different time of day. You can also try sending an email or leaving a brief message asking the customer to call you back at their convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• strasfamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Suzy Englert