• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Booking Techniques: Tips from Tammy Stanley | Close Question Answered

In summary, Becky gave some great advice on what to say when getting a booking. She suggested calling and checking in with the potential host to see if they and their friends are ready to have a show. If the host isn't available, Becky suggested sending an email with the information. She also gave some great advice on what to say in a message or on Facebook.
babywings76
Gold Member
I listened to the Tammy Stanley phone conference and then just the other day tried out her method of what to say when getting a booking. I have a potential host for next Friday. We spoke earlier this week. She wasn't sure of the date because it's so close. I suggested she think of 3 people that she'd like to have be there and in the next few days try to get in contact with them and see if they could come. If they can't, then we can change the date if she'd like.

So...my question is what to say to her when I call her today. I might e-mail her instead because sometimes I just say the wrong things and feel like an idiot. Lately I can't seem to spit out what I'm meaning to say and have gotten tongue-tied. Tammy has me self conscious now more than ever because I've been guilty of using the same phrases that she gives as examples of what not to say....

Assume that the show is a GO! Call and let her know you've set her show up on your website, and that you'd like to send her the email with the link, so that she can start inviting people. Also ask her if she'd like help with setting up a Facebook Event....be excited about the party, and let her know about all of the GREAT things that are happening for hosts and guests in April!

Try writing down what you want to say, then have it in front of you. Read it a few times to yourself before calling if you need to.

Don't worry about using the lines Tammy has said not to use. Just be yourself and don't worry about following a script. Anyone and everyone's advice are just helpful suggestions that you take and tweak to YOUR natural style. :)

You told her you would call, so I would call. Just tell her why you're calling. To check in with her to see if she and her friends were ready to have a fun show on x day. Already have some comments in mind if she says she never called her friends, or that she's not sure if lots of people will come, etc.

There's a recording about booking in close on the download center on CC.

So my next question is when I should call her. I have her cell phone number, but I'm not sure if she's working today. She typically works weekdays, so I don't want to bug her if she's at work. Since it's Friday and I have plans this evening, I can't really call her this evening. I do have her home phone number, but if I leave a message I'm not sure if she'll get it. Thus, the eternal question of whether I should just FB or message her. :blushing:

Call her!! Just ask her, when she answers, if she is able to talk right now. Don't worry, she will tell you! lol You are perfectly fine in telling her, just as you did us, that you weren't sure if she would be at work today or not.

Good luck with it! Please be sure to let us know what happens!!

If you haven't already, just call her now. It's the middle of the afternoon. If she's working, then ask her when is a better time to reach her and then leave it at that.

Thanks everyone! I'm running errands right now and will give her a call when I get home.

Well, I got her VM on her cell phone, so I left a message. I just now sent her an e-mail with info regarding what Becky mentioned. So, we'll see what happens. Crossing fingers! :D

1. What is "Booking in Close"?

"Booking in Close" is a term used in Pampered Chef to refer to the process of scheduling a future cooking or product demonstration event with your guests during your current event.

2. Why is "Booking in Close" important?

Booking in Close is important because it allows you to continue growing your business by securing future events with your guests. This helps to build a loyal customer base and ensures a steady stream of sales.

3. How do I incorporate "Booking in Close" into my current event?

During your current event, make sure to mention the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef event and offer incentives for booking a future event. You can also have a sign-up sheet or calendar available for guests to choose a date for their event.

4. What are some incentives I can offer for "Booking in Close"?

Some popular incentives for "Booking in Close" include free products, discounts, or special host rewards for the future event. You can also offer a raffle for all guests who book a future event during your current event.

5. Can I still do "Booking in Close" if I'm not a consultant?

Yes, even if you are not a consultant, you can still use the "Booking in Close" technique to schedule future events with your friends and family. You can also become a host for a Pampered Chef event and earn rewards for booking future events with your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • esavvymom