• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Answering Machine Messages: Tips & Tricks

In summary, when you are calling people from your 100 list that you may not know very well and you get their answering machine, you say "This is Tracey, the wife of your Pampered Chef consultant???" and ask if it's a good time.
strasfamily
When you are calling people from your 100 list that you may not know very well and you get their answering machine, what do you say? How much info do you leave in the message?

BTW, picking up the phone scares me to death!

As I was typing this, I thought of another question that I will just ask in the same post. My husband is the consultant doing the shows, but I told him I would do the business stuff and help with the phone calls. When I call past guests, how would I introduce myself? "This is Tracey, the wife of your Pampered Chef consultant???"

I would say "This is Tracey. My husband is your Pampered Chef consultant and I assist him with his business." Don't be scared about making phone calls. What's the absolute worst that can happen - hang up on you? Nobody can hurt you or anything. Just go for it and practice lots! I think the main thing about phoning is to always show consideration by asking if they have a few minutes to talk. If not, offer to call back and ask when is a better time. Good luck!

Jeanie Gay

First of all, realize that they usually do enjoy hearing from you. The first thing you want to do when you call is identify yourself, and I think Jeanie's idea is a good one. Then, MAKE SURE (I always forget!) to ask if it's a good time (some people say "okay time", or "do you have a few minutes" or whatever) so they know you value their time. Check out the customer care script online. It has great ideas, and nobody knows you're reading it...

I think if you and your husband are a team, then introduce yourself that way. I think it's great that you are doing this together and I think anyone you call would think so too. I always ask "Is this a good time" - I appreciate when others do the same for me.I'm with you - calling is not what I do best, but since conference I'm really trying hard to overcome that.

Hi there! This is , a Pampered Chef consultant, reaching out to you from [Your City]. I wanted to personally thank you for attending [Your Husband's Name]'s Pampered Chef show and supporting his business. I am here to assist with any questions or orders you may have. If you are interested in hosting your own show, I would be happy to chat with you about the benefits and rewards. Please feel free to give me a call back at [Your Phone Number]. Thank you and have a great day!

Related to Leaving Answering Machine Messages: Tips & Tricks

1. How long should my answering machine message be?

The ideal length for an answering machine message is between 30 seconds to one minute. This gives enough time for the caller to leave a message without feeling rushed or leaving too much dead air.

2. Should I include my name and phone number in the message?

Yes, it is important to include your name and phone number in the message so the caller knows they have reached the right person and can easily call you back.

3. What tone should I use in my answering machine message?

Your tone should be professional and friendly. Avoid using a monotone voice as it can come across as disinterested or robotic. Be sure to speak clearly and with a positive tone.

4. Is it necessary to have a greeting in my answering machine message?

Yes, it is important to have a brief greeting in your answering machine message. This helps to set the tone and lets the caller know they have reached the right number.

5. Should I mention when I will return the call in my message?

If possible, it is a good idea to mention when you will return the call in your message. This lets the caller know when they can expect to hear back from you and can help manage their expectations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Suzy Englert