• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do for an Outdoor Bbq Party?

In summary, the conversation discusses hosting an outdoor BBQ party with men and women and showcasing BBQ products. Suggestions are given for food options, such as shish kabobs, burgers, and pizzas, as well as using Pampered Chef products for preparation and presentation. The conversation also includes excitement for the upcoming summer season and tips for selling to men at parties. A recipe for Italian-style Grilled Pizza is also shared.
pampermeann
My host wants to have an outdoor BBQ PC party with men and women and wants to highlight the BBQ products. What should I do, I will still be in my 1st month of starting. I have the BBQ Mitts and the BBQ Baster Bottle. She wants to do shish ka bobs and an appetizer. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
-Ann

Oooh, ooh ooh! This could be so fun! I just talked with someone about doing one at the end of spring. Do a grill show/burger bar! Especially with couples, this is neat. The men can "man" the grill and grill all the burgers. That's not really the demo part. Then your demo could be getting all of the fixings together...slicing/chopping onions, slicing tomatoes, making guacamole, grating cheese, etc. I'm sure there are other fun toppings out there. Use the heck out of simple additions to put all the toppings out. Use the v-shaped cutter to make little containers.....green pepper for relish, yellow pepper for mustard and red pepper for ketchup. I've always wanted to do a burger bar. Or do something similiar and do a "Make your own Pizza" show. You can use the grill. Use tortillas for the crust, your demo would be making all the toppings. You can use the saute pan to cook up some crumbled sausage, so work in the cookware. Slice and chop a bunch of stuff. use the Chillzanne Rectangle Server to keep the various ingredients cold, then people can make their own pizzas. Top with cheese and you just put them on the grill to melt the cheese. This is a fun show too.

Ooooh, I'm getting excited for summer! What a fun opportunity! Have fun with it!

Oh Becky those are some great ideas:) Also don't forget to show off our oils and rubs!

RecipeYou could do the Italian-Style Grilled Pizza from the Casual Cooking Cookbook. If you don't have the recipe I can give it to you.

ThanksThese are wonderful ideas. I don't even have my kit yet, so please send the recipe. I have my first party this Friday and am booking for every weekend for 2 months.

pampermeann said:
These are wonderful ideas. I don't even have my kit yet, so please send the recipe. I have my first party this Friday and am booking for every weekend for 2 months.
Awesome, way to go!!! You'll be racking up those PC dollars!:)

Don't forget the Outdoor Party Plates and the new plastic fork/spoon/knife sets....you could even use the Tiles Paper Napkins......

This is the best site for ideas. I like the burger bar - I could use many of the products in the kit and a few items I have from my personal collection. I just worried about selling to the men.

pampermeann said:
This is the best site for ideas. I like the burger bar - I could use many of the products in the kit and a few items I have from my personal collection. I just worried about selling to the men.

The men spend more $$$ than the ladies!!! Don't you worry!

You are right about that - my hubby would pick more things from the catalog for me to order at shows than I would.

I'm getting hungry just READING this thread :)

For my BBQ show we grilled chicken breasts using the different seasonings. We cubed the chicken and let people try the different ones. My demo was a dessert.

I LOVE the burger bar idea...thought I'd throw in the chicken idea as an alternative.

(The Chic-fil-a cows asked me to make this post!!):D

Italian-style Grilled Pizza1 cup of shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1 can (2.25oz) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
2tble. olive oil
1tble. red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1pkg. (16oz) prebaked pizza crust

Place mozzarella cheese in classic batter bowl.Grate parmesan cheese into batter bowl using deluxe cheese grater. slice tomatoes in half using Chef's Knife. Remove seeds using cook's corer. Cut tomatoes into 3/4inch pieces. Slice basil leaves into fine ribbons. Add tomatoes, basil and olives to batter bowl: mix gently using small mix n' scraper.In small batter bowl combine oil, vinegar, pressed garlic using Garlic press,salt and pepper. Lightly brush top of crust with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture using Pastry Brush.
Place crust in center of grill top side down. Grill crust uncovered 4-5 min. or until deep golden brown. Turn crust over and carefully remove to large cutting board.Add remaining oil mixture to cheese mixture in batter bowl, mix well. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over top of crust. Return pizza to grill. Cover and grill 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust in deep golden brown.
Remove pizza to cutting board, slice using Pizza Cutter.

DebbieJ said:
The men spend more $$$ than the ladies!!! Don't you worry!
I've read a very interesting theory on why this is true.

Men look at the things in the catalog and find something that will make their life easier, whether it's the food chopper, BBQ turner, whatever. They think, "This will make it easier to get things done, so I'll buy it."

Women look at things, but then talk themselves out of it: "Bobby needs new school shoes, and I just spent $100 on highlighting my hair, etc." And the fact that if dinner is easier to make, then the family will eat out less and save money is lost.

Of course, these are vast generalizations, and different people will act contrary to these stereotypes. :)

rennea said:
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
1 can (2.25oz) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
2tble. olive oil
1tble. red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1pkg. (16oz) prebaked pizza crust

Place mozzarella cheese in classic batter bowl.Grate parmesan cheese into batter bowl using deluxe cheese grater. slice tomatoes in half using Chef's Knife. Remove seeds using cook's corer. Cut tomatoes into 3/4inch pieces. Slice basil leaves into fine ribbons. Add tomatoes, basil and olives to batter bowl: mix gently using small mix n' scraper.In small batter bowl combine oil, vinegar, pressed garlic using Garlic press,salt and pepper. Lightly brush top of crust with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture using Pastry Brush.
Place crust in center of grill top side down. Grill crust uncovered 4-5 min. or until deep golden brown. Turn crust over and carefully remove to large cutting board.Add remaining oil mixture to cheese mixture in batter bowl, mix well. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over top of crust. Return pizza to grill. Cover and grill 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust in deep golden brown.
Remove pizza to cutting board, slice using Pizza Cutter.

The Italian Grilled Pizza is AWESOME!!! I love doing it for Grill Shows - and it shows a recipe that most people have never thought of doing with their grill - I sell alot of the Casual Cooking Cookbook because of this recipe!

You can grill your own pizza, too...you just have to make the dough and put it over low heat for a few minutes before you start topping it off!

How about the aloha pizza on the grill!!

1. What are some essential items to have for an outdoor BBQ party?

For an outdoor BBQ party, it's important to have a grill, grilling tools, plates and utensils, a cooler for drinks, and outdoor seating. You may also want to consider having a canopy or umbrella for shade and outdoor games for entertainment.

2. How should I prepare and marinate meat for an outdoor BBQ?

To prepare meat for an outdoor BBQ, it's best to start by marinating it for a few hours or overnight. This will help add flavor and tenderize the meat. Be sure to also properly thaw and season the meat before grilling.

3. What are some easy side dishes to serve at an outdoor BBQ party?

Some easy side dishes to serve at an outdoor BBQ party include grilled vegetables, pasta salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and baked beans. You can also set up a build-your-own salad bar for guests to make their own salads.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions at an outdoor BBQ party?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, it's important to have a variety of options available. You can offer vegetarian and vegan options, as well as gluten-free and dairy-free options. It's also a good idea to ask guests in advance if they have any specific dietary restrictions.

5. How can I keep food safe and prevent cross-contamination at an outdoor BBQ?

To keep food safe and prevent cross-contamination, make sure to have separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked meats. Also, be sure to cook meat thoroughly and keep it at the correct temperature. Keep cold dishes chilled and hot dishes heated to avoid foodborne illnesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dragonflyz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
  • wadesgirl