• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

BBQ Deck/Pool Party Ideas: Outdoor Eats for a Co-Ed Bash!

In summary, the Strawberry Trifle is a great option to cook when the host doesn't have rooom in the kitchen.
dragonflyz
I have a bbq deck/pool party coming up next month...any suggestions as to what to make that can be done outside? This will be a co-ed party too so I am a little excited...thanks! :chef:

i read somewhere that the strawberry trifle is great to do when the host doesn't have rrom in the kitchen. Even if you don't bbq stuff, you can buy a bunson burner thing for under 20 and use it anywhere! I have done that before. I had a couple of shows in my cafe and didn't want them back in the 'kitchen part so i just used the burner on a table up against a wall.

I recommend an interactive demo---everyone will get involved (men especially!) using the tools---talking about it. Have stations. Here are some ideas.

Colossal Chopped Salad
Kabobs on the skewers (ask for a volunteer on the grill)
Veggies and dip in chillzane platter (use different tools to cut veggies---also ask for volunteers---trying the tooks)
Fruit with chocolate dip

Hope that gets you started....I will look for other ideas. My co-ed parties have been THE BEST! You will have such a blast ! Good Luck

If you go to the top tool bar and click "Files" there you can type in key words for ideas.

For example --- type in GRILL

a bunch of recipes, invites etc will come up. All files are there for you to browse and use!!

ENJOY its such a great resource.

The possibilities are endless but it depends on how much the host wants to do. For a main dish, I would show off the rubs and grill chicken with different flavors, cut them up into bite size portions and have the guests taste each one. For a side, you could use the BBQ Grill Basket and grill vegetables or use the recipe that comes with the basket. For an appetizer, I would make the Greek Cheese Torta as this recipe does not utilize any appliances. For a dessert, one of the Trifle Bowl recipes would be great. Since you said this is next month, maybe the Red, White and Blueberry Trifle.

Also, showcase the Outdoor Party Sticks, Collapsible Serving Bowl (serve Greek Cheese Torta on that) and any other outdoor product you have.

Good luck! I will be in NC next month, can I come over?

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are also good for outdoor parties. I take the crust pre-baked, so it's cool. But you can still talk about stoneware, and let people know that they can do parts of recipes (like that) early in the morning before the house heats up. But for grilling parties, grill chicken breasts that you've sprinkled with a little Dill Mix or Italian Seasoning. Let them rest a few minutes, and then use the Food Chopper to chop the chicken. Yum!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas! My problem is that in this area, I have found that there are not too many consultants (GOOD for me!) and I don't have the trifle bowl, collapsable bowl, etc...and no one to 'borrow' from...my director is over an hour away since I moved so I'm kind of on my own...it will all work out though...I will check out files!DessertDiva...come on! lol

Just in case you want some more info...
I just had that show last night :)
Awesome fun!
Men did the Patio Party Fajitas on the grill and the girls made the red white and blue trifle inside.
We were also going to do the Mojito's from this season but they opted for jello shots instead :eek:

The host marinated the chicken beforehand and I showed the men how to use the ultimate mandoline / food chopper/ and salad choppers. Plus the grill tools.

Women don't need supervision and were done by the time I was done with the men.
Stress to your host the importance of Outside orders to her show. We had about 12 couples but that is only 6 checkbooks :)
At 500 now, not worried, she will do good :)
HTH.
Also, if you don't have the grill tools either buy 1 or 2 (BBQ turner & Grill basket)
Or change what your doing.
Attached is the fajita recipe thanks to chefmary!

Attachments

• Patio Party Fajitas.doc
    24 KB · Views: 469
Cheryl your fajitas recipe looks great. Thanks for sharing with us!:) :)

That recipe sounds really good. DH will be making it for dinner this week!

It was really good, get a nice soft cut of meat :)
Oh, props go to chef mary :)

My friend Kristin and I just had a Thrill to Grill party yesterday with fajitas, apple berry salsa & Cinnamon chips, bow tie pasta salad, and the lime marinade. I think it was in the files section here with the recipes already done up with tips. Everyone loved the food, but not a lot of people came (too much happening that day). We did a lot of prep but if you have a lot of people to do stations, no need to do it all before.

YUMMO Food!

Related to BBQ Deck/Pool Party Ideas: Outdoor Eats for a Co-Ed Bash!

1. Can you recommend some easy and delicious recipes for a BBQ deck/pool party?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are perfect for a BBQ deck/pool party including grilled burgers, BBQ chicken skewers, and grilled vegetable kebabs. We also have refreshing drink recipes like watermelon lemonade and strawberry basil sangria.

2. What are some tips for setting up a BBQ deck/pool party?

First, make sure to have enough seating and tables for your guests. Consider setting up a designated area for grilling and another area for dining and socializing. You can also decorate the space with string lights, outdoor pillows, and colorful tableware.

3. How can we make sure everyone's dietary restrictions are accommodated at the BBQ deck/pool party?

We have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. You can also ask your guests to let you know beforehand if they have any specific dietary needs, and plan your menu accordingly.

4. Is it possible to have a BBQ deck/pool party on a budget?

Absolutely! You can save money by using inexpensive cuts of meat, buying in bulk, and making side dishes from scratch. You can also ask your guests to bring a dish to share, potluck style.

5. Can you provide some entertainment ideas for a co-ed BBQ deck/pool party?

In addition to swimming and socializing, you can set up lawn games like cornhole or horseshoes. You can also have a music playlist or hire a live band. For a more relaxed vibe, you can set up a movie night by projecting a movie onto a screen or wall.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • pampermeann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
Replies