• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Not to Do Regarding Bookings..

L
luvs2cook
I wore a Pampered Chef shirt out yesterday while running errands. We (my son and I) went to the eye doctor's and the nurse asked about the number of shows I did, said that she loved Pampered Chef and all I could give her was a mini-catalog:(. It was like deer in the headlights....Hello..she was possibly interested in the opportunity.

Then, I went to register the kids for swimming lessons. The guy was like "you sell Pampered Chef. Those tools are great." Again, deer in the headlights...I didn't give him anything.

So, the moral of the story, when you wear your shirt or have a bag, be prepared to give them something and ask them if they want to have a show!!!

Jane - sometimes less is more! Go back to the dentist lady and see if she would be interested in a full size catalog. Sometimes all I carry is the minis so I can carry more without killing my back. Then, it gives me a chance to get their info so I can follow up. "I just gave out my last full sized one. Can I contact you to get one to you?"

Jane, it's happened to all of us at one time or another.

I can't stress this enough. Create a show in a box to carry in your vehicle. It's convenient. It's easy. And, even if you need to walk 1/2 mile one way to go back to your vehicle to get a catalog/host kit/recruiting packet, it's better than leaving them with an "I'll call you sometime."

Of course, even that's better than nothing. Don't beat yourself up. Just view this as a reminder (to yourself and all of us) to get prepared.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to stop at the doctor's office today to see if she would like to book a show. Wish me luck!

Something like this happened to me... I was out and about with my mother's car (I carry catalogs and such in my car) and ended up with an almost flat tire. I was about a mile from our mechanic so I took it there praying the whole way that the tire wouldn't blow. I was so frazzled when I got there and while waiting for the tire to be fixed I was sitting with a lady in the waiting area and she saw my PC shirt. Of course she said, "I LOVE Pampered Chef! I've been wanting to have a show!" And what did I say, "I HAVE A FLAT TIRE!!!!" That was the end of the conversation. Needless to say, I didn't get the booking and never saw her again. Just goes to show that we can't always be wearing our chef's hats!!!!

Colleen, considering the circumstances, I think you should forgive yourself. I'm not sure I'd have my Chef Hat on at that point.

A checker at the grocery store saw a catalog in my diaper bag yesterday. I was going through the self checkout line and she stood and looked through the catalog while I checked myself out. I suggested a catalog or cooking show to her while we stood and talked. I see her 2-3 times a week, so I plan to follow up.

ABC- Alway Be Closing!!!! I always carry catalogs!

when my kids were little & I'd be in a PC shirt I'd be extra sweet to them so people didn't look at me like some crazed woman out with 3 kids!! I was very careful if I disciplined them or was impatient.
However, driving my car with a PC decal and my info is a different story,
I've been known to be a little less than courteous on the road! HA!! let them identify me by my tail lights or the dust I'm flinging as I pass them piddling down the road at a SLOW speed. I've got places to go and people to see.
I realized how impatient I am one day sitting at a stop light. My daughter was in kindergarten and the lady in front of us hadn't started thru the light that had just turned green. My daughter said Good grief lady, it only gets one shade of green. HMMM wonder where she'd heard that before!!

The Furry Guy is an immensly patient man. However, the extra time it takes people to move their foot from the brake to the accelerator when a light turns green is an annoyance to him. He will say, "Green light. Go!" He will say it repeatedly until the person actually starts to move.

Our DS and I find this hysterical, especially since I'm usually the one driving.

The nurse wasn't there on Friday...I'll try next week.

Been there done that, don't feel bad! Lesson learned for me, have biz cards or mini catty onhand at all times!

Always get there name, address & phone number. You can mail them a catalog or keep door prize slips in your pocket book and have them fill it out.

raebates said:
The Furry Guy is an immensly patient man. However, the extra time it takes people to move their foot from the brake to the accelerator when a light turns green is an annoyance to him. He will say, "Green light. Go!" He will say it repeatedly until the person actually starts to move.

Our DS and I find this hysterical, especially since I'm usually the one driving.

mine is "it's the pedal on the RIGHT!"

Tall pedal, tall pedal!

I ask if they are waiting for a written invitation.

That's also what I tell my sweet DH when he asks me what I'm waiting for :p

MomToEli said:
I ask if they are waiting for a written invitation.

That's also what I tell my sweet DH when he asks me what I'm waiting for :p

That is hysterical! I love it!

Teresa Lynn said:
when my kids were little & I'd be in a PC shirt I'd be extra sweet to them so people didn't look at me like some crazed woman out with 3 kids!! I was very careful if I disciplined them or was impatient.
However, driving my car with a PC decal and my info is a different story,
I've been known to be a little less than courteous on the road! HA!! let them identify me by my tail lights or the dust I'm flinging as I pass them piddling down the road at a SLOW speed. I've got places to go and people to see.
I realized how impatient I am one day sitting at a stop light. My daughter was in kindergarten and the lady in front of us hadn't started thru the light that had just turned green. My daughter said Good grief lady, it only gets one shade of green. HMMM wonder where she'd heard that before!!

Teresa Lynn, I haven't laughed this hard at 6:30 in the morning in a LONG time :D Thanks for sharing!

Teresa Lynn said:
Good grief lady, it only gets one shade of green.

LMAO!!!!
That is hysterical!
especially from a five year old.
Thanks for the morning laugh :D

I just give them a biz card. BUT I carry drawing slips in my purse so I can get their info and follow up with them!

I have a recruit lead coming to our meeting on Monday that I met this way!

Teresa Lynn said:
My daughter said Good grief lady, it only gets one shade of green. HMMM wonder where she'd heard that before!!

This reminds me of a joke and my husband's response.

"What color is a stop light? 7-up green or lime green?"

My husbands response...."I can answer that, It is emerald green." (mind you this is with a na-na-na--na-na-naaaaaaa attitude):rolleyes:

My boys were ROLLING on the floor. He looked at us and said

"I am a F-in professional, I drive 2500 miles a week! That is a trick question..... Why are you laughing at me. I would know the answer, I see more lights in one night than you see all week !!!" :mad:

Their response (with great laughter !!! ) .......:D

A stop light is RED !!!!! :p

DebbieJ said:
I just give them a biz card. BUT I carry drawing slips in my purse so I can get their info and follow up with them!

I have a recruit lead coming to our meeting on Monday that I met this way!

I have heard that a great idea is to tell them you are having a drawing this month and have them fill out the drawing slip. Viola !! you have their info and at your 'drawing at the end of the month' you call them to tell them they won something, like a door prize or maybe even the second place prize of a "FREE KITCHEN SHOW" !!!

Even if you only have one slip, they don't know how many you had, so CALL THEM and tell them they won.

Deb...that is awesome you receive a recruit lead that way. Let us know if she signs.

I will need to have drawing slips in my purse to get their information.

letscook04 said:
Always get there name, address & phone number. You can mail them a catalog or keep door prize slips in your pocket book and have them fill it out.
YES! Once you give that catalog out, unless you know where they work to follow up with them, you usually won't hear back. IMHO

The lady at my bank keeps telling me she's trying to get a show together or something for someone else. I have given her my card, 2 books, and outside order forms. Luckily I continue to see her at my bank, but I"m really wondering if it's getting me anywhere. Everytime I go she's trying to convince someone else to have a shower or party, but she has yet to say, hey- I'm getting orders together. So, I'm curious. I think next time I'll ask for a phone number to call someone or something. I'd love to get a show together this month or next month off her...

Related to What Not to Do Regarding Bookings..

1. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show allows you to earn free products, receive exclusive host rewards, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

2. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will receive a starter kit with all the necessary tools and training to get started.

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items that are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

4. Can I earn an income as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can earn an income as a Pampered Chef consultant through commission on sales, hosting shows, and building a team of consultants. The more you sell and the larger your team grows, the more income you can earn.

5. How can I get more information about Pampered Chef and its products?

You can visit the Pampered Chef website, attend a cooking show or virtual party, or contact a consultant for more information and to see the products in action. You can also follow Pampered Chef on social media for recipe ideas and tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • mama2emma