• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Reasons Do You Usually Get for Cancellations and Non-Bookings?

In summary, the conversation is about a monthly unit meeting where the director has asked for a discussion on common reasons for cancellations or not booking parties. The speaker is requesting for input from others on the reasons customers give for not booking and will compile a list of popular reasons and good responses. Some examples given include hot weather, lack of time or friends, remodeling, and not liking to cook. The speaker also shares a technique for booking shows at checkout and seeks feedback from others.
SummerG
Hi there,

We are having our monthly unit meeting tonight. My director asked me if I wouldn't mind leading a discussion about common reasons for cancellations or not booking a party.

If you wouldn't mind sharing what reasons your customers usually give you I would greatly appreciate it.

I will compile a list (and post it here in a day or so) of the popular reasons and also list some good responses to give your customer when they give you a reason not to book.

For example...
"IT'S JUST TOO HOT"
Do a morning show - If there are kids, hire a baby-sitter for kids to play outside.
Do a deck party.
Do a no-cook show.
Do a Sip-n-Dip party by the pool; everyone swim afterwards!

Thanks for sharing!
Summer

"It's a bad time"
"Nobody will want to come"
"There's been too many home parties recently"

" I am about partied out", " Too much going on" " My house is too small"

are generally the ones that I recieve !!

Here are some...and there are some good comebacks and options for many of them:

Yes, there has been too many lately.

I don't have time to clean my house.

I don't have enough friends to invite or my friends are too busy.

I decided I just like shop and not host.

My husband wouldn't want me to kick him out of the house for a night.

I don't like the work of sorting out the orders and delivering them, I'd rather just shop at someone else's party.

I'm waiting for a special I like.

"I don't know enough people"
"I'm on a diet, and those recipes are so fattening"
"I don't cook"
"My kids have sports right now and that takes up my weekends"
oh, and i'm hearing this one ALOT,
"Oh we are remodeling and that is taking all of our money, and the house is a wreck"

Objection: I don't like to cook... People don't like to be pressured.

Counter: If you don't like to cook that PC is perfect for you with the stoneware, cooking is a snap!

I do a pretty casual show. No one feels any pressure when you have a bunch of friends and everyone is having fun!

Everyone I would invite is here. Great! They're familiar with PC products. Hey, everyone, if Susie had a show, would you come and order?

raebates said:
Everyone I would invite is here. Great! They're familiar with PC products. Hey, everyone, if Susie had a show, would you come and order?
Do you say that when they are checking out? OMG... I would LOVE to do that! When everyone says "Yes" what do they say?

This goes on at checkout. Everyone is milling about, so I shout the "Hey, everyone," part. I've booked shows at my last two shows with that. When they realize that people actually will come to another show fairly soon, they book.Well, to be honest, at the last one a former host (the booked-from host) told the young woman, "Hey, we all have more we want to buy. Have a show, and I'll order. So will everyone else."The other women all told her she had to book a show. She had to leave early, but I contacted her. I told her that I knew everyone was kind of pushing her, and I didn't want her to feel pressured. She said she really wanted to have a show. She wasn't really familiar with PC, but the stuff seemed great. We're in the process of firming up a date.

These are WONDERFUL! Some I've heard with my own business but some of them I have not. I can't wait to discuss these tonight. I'll post up the list of responses tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks again for sharing! :)

1. What are the most common reasons for cancellations?

The most common reasons for cancellations include changes in schedules, unexpected conflicts, and forgetting about the event.

2. Do you often get cancellations due to financial reasons?

Cancellations due to financial reasons are not very common. However, if a customer does have to cancel for this reason, we are happy to work with them to find a solution.

3. Are there any specific reasons that people don't book parties?

Some people may not book parties due to lack of interest, already owning similar products, or not wanting to host an event.

4. How do you handle cancellations and non-bookings?

For cancellations, we understand that unexpected things come up and we are happy to reschedule the party for a later date. For non-bookings, we continue to reach out and provide information about our products and services to potential customers in the hopes of booking a party in the future.

5. What can be done to prevent cancellations and non-bookings?

To prevent cancellations, we recommend setting a reminder for the party and communicating any changes in schedules as soon as possible. To prevent non-bookings, we suggest offering incentives or hosting a themed party to generate more interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • cookwithtiffany
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Carol Waggoner