• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef: Turn a 90 Minute Drive Into Recruiting Opportunities

In summary, the speaker shares their success in promoting their Pampered Chef business by wearing logo shirts and carrying catalog bags. They also mention how a chance encounter at McDonald's and a community meeting led to potential catalog shows. They encourage others to "pimp themselves" and promote their business.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Yesterday I went to visit my granny. She's 80 miles south of me so it's about a 90 minute drive. I stopped at a McDonalds thats along the way and as I'm paying (I went through the drive-up) the lady asked me what the books were that I had on my passenger seat. (I had a couple of catalogs with me). I said Oh they are the new Pampered Chef Catalog don't you just love the Pampered Chef!? She said yes, and htat she hadn't seen a catalog since she moved here from South Carolina. So I handed her one and asked for her info. She said she'd give me a call. I stop at that McD's all the time b/c it's clean and in just the right location ;)

Then I had to take granny to the bank. As we are leaving her office the customer service lady sees my bag (Ribbon Tote :D ) and says Oh, do you sell Pampered Chef? Yes Mam, I do! Have you seen the new catalog? I zipped out to the car and got her a catalog and she is now hosting a catalog show for me! I'm going to drop off her host pack on Monday when I go back to granny's - I'm going to try and recruit her too!

I have scored a lot of shows by wearing logo shirts, carrying my ribbon tote or catalog bag and even by laying my catalog on the table when I'm at a restaurant.

Pimp yourself people! It works! :chef:

Way to go! It really does pay off. My checkbook cover and catalog tote have all got me a instant catalog show.

pamperedlinda said:
Yesterday I went to visit my granny. She's 80 miles south of me so it's about a 90 minute drive. I stopped at a McDonalds thats along the way and as I'm paying (I went through the drive-up) the lady asked me what the books were that I had on my passenger seat. (I had a couple of catalogs with me). I said Oh they are the new Pampered Chef Catalog don't you just love the Pampered Chef!? She said yes, and htat she hadn't seen a catalog since she moved here from South Carolina. So I handed her one and asked for her info. She said she'd give me a call. I stop at that McD's all the time b/c it's clean and in just the right location ;)

Then I had to take granny to the bank. As we are leaving her office the customer service lady sees my bag (Ribbon Tote :D ) and says Oh, do you sell Pampered Chef? Yes Mam, I do! Have you seen the new catalog? I zipped out to the car and got her a catalog and she is now hosting a catalog show for me! I'm going to drop off her host pack on Monday when I go back to granny's - I'm going to try and recruit her too!

I have scored a lot of shows by wearing logo shirts, carrying my ribbon tote or catalog bag and even by laying my catalog on the table when I'm at a restaurant.

Pimp yourself people! It works!
:chef:

That made me laugh!:D

But I totally agree with you. Much of my business has come from wearing/carrying the PC Logo - and not being afraid to talk to people about it when they ask!

Good for you Linda!

I was at a community meeting for work, minding my business and highlighting my bridal fair list when the mom next to me asked for a catalog and said she "LOVES Pampered Chef." I got her number. So far nothing has come of it ... I have a feeling I was too eager and called her too soon. So I plan to wait a few weeks, call her and ask her what in the catalog caught her eye and go from there.I was just so excited about this because as a singleton, I rarely have a chance to interact with moms.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I was at a community meeting for work, minding my business and highlighting my bridal fair list when the mom next to me asked for a catalog and said she "LOVES Pampered Chef." I got her number. So far nothing has come of it ... I have a feeling I was too eager and called her too soon. So I plan to wait a few weeks, call her and ask her what in the catalog caught her eye and go from there.

I was just so excited about this because as a singleton, I rarely have a chance to interact with moms.
Don't wait too long, she may loose interest! Or find someone else to help her.

You don't understand ... I DID call her! I asked her if she was interested in knowing the specials and she said, "not at this time." I had a feeling I had called too soon ... she'd only had a chance to glance at the book.

Di_Can_Cook said:
You don't understand ... I DID call her! I asked her if she was interested in knowing the specials and she said, "not at this time." I had a feeling I had called too soon ... she'd only had a chance to glance at the book.
Just keep checking in with her from time to time then.

I carry my Catalog bag all the time but no one has asked me about it.
I've thought about wearing my t-shirts out, but I felt sorta silly about it.

I just bought the fleece from Merrill. I think I'll be more likely to wear that out than just a t-shirt.

redsoxgirl said:
I just bought the fleece from Merrill. I think I'll be more likely to wear that out than just a t-shirt.
I wanted the brown suede looking jacket but DH wouldn't buy it for me for my b-day last year! :( I will look into getting something else this summer at conference, it's nice to be able to try them on first.

I wear my t-shirt when I go grocery shopping...I figure most people getting groceries are food-minded at that point. The last time I did this I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and she noticed that I had picked up a pre-seasoned whole chicken. I told her I cook it in my DCB in the microwave for 30 minutes and it turns out great...and now she's ordering one. I don't think I would have even thought to tell her about it, but she mentioned my shirt and that got me going. :)

pamperedlinda said:
Pimp yourself people! It works! :chef:

Thanks for making me laugh Linda! I hope to meet you in person someday; your personality shines through your typing:)
Good job on making the contacts & following through! DH teases me when I take my PC purse:rolleyes:

Almost made an interesting contact today. I was in Walmart & coming out of the potty room I noticed someone's cart by mine that had a baking stone with rack:p I almost waited to tell them I could get them a better one, but didn't want them to think I was strange waiting for them to come out of the bathroom, lol!

I have a pc hat and bag but want to buy a shirt to wear to the gym, store etc but merrill seems so expensive too me. Any feedback on their clothing

shaverdog said:
I have a pc hat and bag but want to buy a shirt to wear to the gym, store etc but merrill seems so expensive too me. Any feedback on their clothing
I bought a couple shirts last summer at conference because you can actually try them on there.

You can actually make your own shirt if you want to just have something to wear to the gym. Go to your local hobby store and buy a couple white shirts (hobby stores have shirts that are geared towards this kind of stuff). Either at the hobby store (haven't looked locally) or an office supply store you can buy printable iron on paper. Find the stuff that is made for white shirts. The reason why you want white shirts is that the adhesive used to get it to stick to the shirt will be visible on any other color (unless you don't care about that, then just go with any light colored shirt). You can print the PC logo onto the iron on paper and adhere it with your home iron. It may take some time and practice to get it to look perfect but if you are on a budget this would probably work best for you.

I agree - logo wear and carrying the tote bag really helps. I've been debating getting the ribbon tote for work, but it needs to hold my work binder, and I'm not sure if it's big enough. I have that red fake leather bag from Merrill, but it's not "obvious" enough. Gonna have to investigate...! :)

I have the black and red unisex t-shirts. I ordered the violet one too but when I got it, it was lavender :yuck: so I sent it back. I've actually gotten alot of questions when I wear the shirts. They're good quality and for $10, no more expensive than a t-shirt you'd buy at WalMart or elsewhere. Most of their other clothing is way overpriced I think.

Hi. My name is Kelly and I am a PC logowear addict. :love: :love:

I wear my logo wear out and about EVERYWHERE! You never know what will catch someone's attention. I have shirts, coats, purse, and logos on my vehicle! It is one more "opening" to talk to others about our job!

Mini hijack---
Linda - sounds like Granny is doing well?

ljeffries said:
Mini hijack---
Linda - sounds like Granny is doing well?
Yes Lamar, thanks for asking. She is amazing! To meet her you'd never know she was 90. And it's funny, she lives in a real small town and everyone snaps to it when she asks for something - they break all kinds of 'rules' just for her. She had me ask someone for something one day that I knew was not the 'norm' for them to do. Itold her not to worry I'd take care of it and granny says no just go in there and tell them that I need 'whatever it was' so I told the lady I'm so sorry to ask you this but my granny needs "blah blah blah" - the lady was so nice, she said Oh for Mis Helen we can take care of that don't you worry! It's nice to know that her friends look out for her.

Linda,
That is so great your granny has very loving and caring friends...

Hey, I have been at a livestock show all weekend and I picked up enough orders for a catalogue show because of my NEW tote. I just got it and deicided to use, it was lighter than my purse. YEAH. I was really excited.....

1. How does turning a 90-minute drive into recruiting opportunities work?

Turning a 90-minute drive into recruiting opportunities is a strategy that involves using your time on the road to connect with potential new consultants for Pampered Chef. This can be done by reaching out to friends, family, or acquaintances who live in the area you are driving to and setting up a time to meet and discuss the business opportunity.

2. What are the benefits of turning a 90-minute drive into recruiting opportunities?

The main benefit of this strategy is the potential to expand your network and recruit new consultants in a new area. It also allows you to make the most of your time on the road and turn it into a productive and profitable activity.

3. How do I prepare for a recruiting opportunity during a 90-minute drive?

Before embarking on your drive, make a list of potential contacts in the area you are driving to and reach out to them to set up a meeting. You can also bring along Pampered Chef catalogs, business cards, and other materials to share with potential recruits.

4. What should I say when approaching potential recruits during a 90-minute drive?

When reaching out to potential recruits, be honest and genuine about your interest in introducing them to the Pampered Chef opportunity. Share your personal experiences with the company and the benefits you have gained. Ask them about their interests and goals and how Pampered Chef can fit into their lives.

5. Can I turn any drive into a recruiting opportunity?

Yes, you can turn any drive into a recruiting opportunity as long as you have a plan and potential contacts in the area you are driving to. It's a great way to expand your business and reach new markets while making the most of your time on the road.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Loreen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Debrachef
  • dkitten13