• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef & Military Base Rules: Seeking Clarification

In summary, military bases may not allow Pampered Chef catalog sales, but there are other ways to promote the business.
jrb0328
I am looking for a little clarification - I have a friend who is interested in the Pampered Chef Opportunity. She lives on a military base. She says that she can't sell on base because the base is non tax. She says that she can do it online though. Is anyone familiar with military base rules when it comes to this? i am going to suggest that she hold a catalog show but i dont want her to get into any trouble.

We have TONS of consultants who live on bases throughout the US and the world! I can't imagine there is a problem, but I'm sure there is probably a certain procedure to follow if she lives abroad (APO stuff). I would call HO or look at policy and procedure for more direction on this before you tell her either way.

I've not encountered this personally - I was but a wee lad when we lived on base - but I understand it is up to a base commander if that kind of thing is "OK" for their command.

My first recruit held her first catalog show with a friend at 'gitmo' and had no problems.

Present yourself in a positive way and you should be OK - check with your chain of command to be sure.

I live on base now and its not a problem.
Lets put it this way- we have shows all the time in housing and YES we charge sales tax. There are 5 consultants in my housing area and 5 in the other and we all do fine. Now she might not be able to post things on base but she can surely were her PC shirt, use a tote bag, etc. plus she can talk to fleet and family center and let them know about her business and willing to help others (fundraisers, etc.)

If your friend is overseas, it is up to the base commander. There is a ton of paperwork to fill out, but it is possible!! Everyone who lives overseas has 0 tax, so that is not the issue. Most of the time the Family Support Centers cannot do her advertising. She also will not be able to go door to door putting up flyers like many people can in their neighborhoods.

All customers must have their orders directly shipped to them. The hosts will not get the entire show to disperse, and she cannot set it up to come to her as the consultant either. In the States, that information may change this is just for those living on base overseas.

There are lots of obstacles, but its certainly possible if she really wants this business!! The base commander and base legal should be her first stops when she is ready to get going. She will have to go through the red tape again every time she moves too.

I second what Stephanie said, however it doesn't matter if you live on base or not. I live off base and the same rules apply.

Question 1: Can I order Pampered Chef products if I live on a military base?

Yes, you can still order Pampered Chef products even if you live on a military base. We ship to all APO/FPO addresses.

Question 2: Are there any special rules or restrictions for Pampered Chef orders on military bases?

Yes, there may be some specific rules or restrictions for Pampered Chef orders on military bases. It is best to check with your base's mailroom or housing office for any regulations regarding deliveries and packages.

Question 3: Are there any discounts or special offers for military members on Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer a 10% discount to all active duty military members on all Pampered Chef products. This discount can be applied to online orders or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Question 4: Can I host a Pampered Chef party on a military base?

Yes, you can absolutely host a Pampered Chef party on a military base. Our consultants are able to travel to military bases and hold parties for groups of all sizes.

Question 5: What if I am stationed overseas on a military base? Can I still order Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we ship to all APO/FPO addresses, including those overseas. However, please note that shipping times may vary and additional customs fees may apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jenniferm
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom