• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Advice: Juggling Job, Family & TPampered Chef

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is struggling to balance her job, family, and her TPC business. She is seeking advice on whether she should take a leave of absence or quit altogether. Her director suggests taking a three month leave of absence to see how her situation changes. Other consultants recommend staying active by submitting occasional orders or having 1-2 shows a month. The question is also raised about whether a consultant on a leave of absence would still count towards their director's maintenance requirements, and the answer is yes.
lsm72
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been online for awhile. Life is crazy busy. Anyway, I'm seeking your advice. Here's my situation - I have a job that I love. In fact, I was just promoted and well, the work is non-stop. TPC has taken a backseat, so "back" that I haven't had a show since JUNE (egads). I spoke to my director about dropping TPC but she suggested a leave of absence. Here are my main questions:

1. Do you (a collective you) think I should file a leave of absence or quit all together?

2. If I choose a leave of absence, how do I go about doing that?

I really don't think I can juggle TPC, my family, and my job so something has to give.

Thoughts??

Thanks for listening.....

I definitely agree with your Director. Take a three month leave. You just never know what your situation will be in three months. This way you do not loose your sales if you decide to start up again. There is no negative to taking the leave.

Your Director can walk you through the steps, but you can request it through Consultant's Corner.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Think I'll go with the LOA....

even if at the end of your LOA you decided that you really can't fit in PC, you will have one year to submit a show and be active again.

I was wondering how you do it through CC?

I agree with Lisa. You could also submit $200 every other month but that can be difficult to maintain in the long run. (after the 3 months you would have to do that anyway though.)

I totally understand what you're thinking- I just started TPC in February and love it. But I recently took on a full time job that I started today which put us into a big move- selling our house and all. I definitely don't want to quit because in several years, if I decide to become a SAHM again, I won't have lost my earnings and can just get really active. My plan is to just have 1-2 shows a month, be-it catalog or real shows. But my mom gets really good response at her workplace, so if at all worst, every few months I'll get her or someone to take up an order with hopes that it makes $200, which I don't think will be a problem.
I recommend keeping yourself out there- take a leave if you need, but don't quit just in case you change your mind.

Question for directors---if a consultant takes a LOA, is she considered active for maintenance requirements? Would she count as one of my 5?

DebbieJ said:
Question for directors---if a consultant takes a LOA, is she considered active for maintenance requirements? Would she count as one of my 5?

Yes she would.

What are some tips for balancing work and family while working at Pampered Chef?

1. Prioritize and set boundaries: Make a schedule and stick to it. Set specific work hours and family time, and make sure to prioritize important tasks in both areas.2. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help from family members or hire a babysitter to take care of household tasks while you focus on work.3. Take breaks: It's important to take breaks throughout the day to recharge and spend time with your family. This can help increase productivity and reduce burnout.4. Utilize technology: Take advantage of tools such as online calendars and video conferencing to stay organized and connected with both work and family.5. Communicate with your employer: If you are feeling overwhelmed, don't hesitate to communicate with your employer and discuss potential solutions. Many companies, including Pampered Chef, offer flexible work arrangements to help employees balance their work and personal lives.

How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance while working at Pampered Chef?

1. Set boundaries: Clearly define your work hours and stick to them. Avoid checking work emails or taking calls during your personal time.2. Make time for self-care: It's important to take care of yourself physically and mentally. Make time for exercise, hobbies, and relaxation to avoid burnout.3. Plan ahead: Use a planner or calendar to schedule both work and personal activities. This can help you stay organized and avoid last-minute stress.4. Communicate with your family: Make sure to communicate with your family about your work schedule and any important events or deadlines. This can help them understand and support your commitments.5. Take advantage of company benefits: Pampered Chef offers various benefits such as flexible work arrangements and wellness programs that can help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help me manage my work and family responsibilities?

Pampered Chef offers various resources to help employees manage their work and family responsibilities, including:1. Flexible work arrangements: Depending on your role, Pampered Chef offers options such as remote work, part-time schedules, and compressed workweeks.2. Wellness programs: Pampered Chef offers a wellness program that includes resources for mental, physical, and financial health.3. Employee assistance program: This program offers confidential counseling and support for employees and their families.4. Parental leave: Pampered Chef offers paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers.5. Child care resources: Pampered Chef has a partnership with Bright Horizons to provide employees with access to child care centers and in-home care options.

What are some ways I can involve my family in my job at Pampered Chef?

1. Host a Pampered Chef party: Invite your friends and family to a cooking party and showcase Pampered Chef products.2. Share recipes: Incorporate Pampered Chef products into your family's meals and share recipes with your loved ones.3. Attend company events: Pampered Chef often hosts events for employees to bring their families, such as an annual Family Day at the office.4. Engage in social media: Share your love for Pampered Chef on social media and involve your family in the posts.5. Become a consultant: If your family is interested in cooking and entrepreneurship, consider becoming a Pampered Chef consultant together and work as a team.

How does Pampered Chef support working parents?

Pampered Chef offers various resources and benefits to support working parents, including:1. Flexible work arrangements: As mentioned before, Pampered Chef offers options such as remote work and part-time schedules that can be beneficial for working parents.2. Paid parental leave: Pampered Chef offers paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers to allow employees to spend quality time with their new family member.3. Breastfeeding support: Pampered Chef provides a private and comfortable space for breastfeeding mothers in the office, as well as a breast pump reimbursement program.4. Child care resources: Employees can access various child care resources through Pampered Chef's partnership with Bright Horizons.5. Family-friendly culture: Pampered Chef values work-life balance and encourages employees to prioritize their families. This is evident in their family-friendly events and policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views