• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing 2 Jobs: Seeking Advice and Inspiration

In summary, Brooke is having a tough time selling her products and is looking for advice. Rae recommends starting making calls and staying focused.
bbauman07
Gold Member
Uggh!!! I haven't sold a thing since DEC!!!! I have been so busy with my other job and everything breaking in my house. I will be placing a $200 order to stay active this month! ME!! My new products sat in the boxes for weeks before I even got to touch them. I haven't even looked at all of my new paperwork yet.

I could use some advice on managing 2 jobs.
I could use some inspiration also to get my lazy fany in gear.

and anything else you would like to share.

Thanks

Ouch Brooke - I just posted something similiar about the same time Hopefully someone will give one of us some good ideas or a lift

HUGS!!

Here's the biggers booster ever built!
382l1p1a.jpg

Deep breaths. Breathe in. Breathe out. Feeling calmer?We all go through stages like this. You'll be fine.My suggestion: start making a few calls. Make a pledge to talk to (not just leave messages) at least 3 people a day. It may help, and it couldn't hurt.

Rae,

Exactly what I was going to suggest! Three phone calls (or more if you are leaving messages) a day. It's very doable vs saying I'm going to have so many shows or so much in sales by x date. Just doing those calls will lead to good things and get you closer to accomplishing other goals.

Balancing with a full time job can be more difficult, I'm sure but I know many people who do it. I would say to look at your week as a whole. Line out each day of your week from the time you get up to the time you go to bed and look for little blocks of time. Try to find a consistent time to work your business.

Good luck getting back on track!

I was wondering where you've been Brooke! Hang in there; it will work out. I agree with the 3 calls a day....the new 3-2-1 plan is very smart I think. Have you tried the 24 bookings in 24 hours before? I did it last fall to get bookings before Xmas; didn't get 24, but I did get about 8-10 I think. Then I gave away a gift certificate to one winner they could use at their show. Just keep talking to everyone & things will happen. Sorry I don't have more; I don't work full time plus my PC biz, I'm sure someone else here does though:)

THink of what your goals will be for the year and that helps you make the phone calls and do the things that will take your business where you want to go. I just watched The Pursuit of Happyness last night and found it very motivating

Kathytnt said:
THink of what your goals will be for the year and that helps you make the phone calls and do the things that will take your business where you want to go. I just watched The Pursuit of Happyness last night and found it very motivating
Yes. Decide WHY you are doing this business and then find pictures that represent those dreams. Hang them up where you work your business, on the refrigerator, near the phone. They will motivate you to make the necessary calls and help keep you focused.

Brooke

WELCOME BACK! I missed you and your thoughts!:D Call people who have stoneware on their wish list! Tell them that they can get it at 20% off this month. Make those phone calls tonight between 7-8 so you get a real person.

GOod luck!

PampMomof3 said:
Brooke

WELCOME BACK! I missed you and your thoughts!:D Call people who have stoneware on their wish list! Tell them that they can get it at 20% off this month. Make those phone calls tonight between 7-8 so you get a real person.

GOod luck!
Take advantage of the Federal Holiday TODAY and get on the PHONE.
I will be doing the same. Good Luck Brooke:D

thank u

I will be on the phone all evening

I have been in ruts before but not like this one. My other job is supposed to be part time but we have had alot of event lately the National figure skating event wiped me out I worked 14 hour day for 9 days straight.
i think I'm still trying to recover from that. I have been averaging 1 day of a week, and spending thoses days on house repairs. So busy I had to reschedule the 2 shows I should have already had this month.

I will let you know my results from this evenings calls.

Related to Managing 2 Jobs: Seeking Advice and Inspiration

1. How do I balance my time between two jobs?

Managing multiple jobs requires careful time management. It is important to prioritize tasks and create a schedule that allows for enough time for both jobs. This might mean waking up earlier or working later in the day, but it is important to make sure both jobs are getting the attention they need.

2. How do I communicate with my employers about my availability?

It is important to be transparent with your employers about your availability and any potential conflicts. Set clear expectations and communicate any changes or conflicts as soon as possible. This will help your employers understand your situation and make necessary arrangements.

3. How can I avoid burnout while managing two jobs?

To avoid burnout, it is important to take breaks and prioritize self-care. Make sure to schedule time for activities that help you relax and recharge. It is also important to set boundaries and not overwork yourself. Remember to communicate with your employers if you are feeling overwhelmed.

4. Is it possible to have a social life while managing two jobs?

Yes, it is possible to have a social life while managing two jobs. It may require some planning and prioritizing, but it is important to make time for social activities and maintaining relationships outside of work. You can also try to combine social activities with work tasks, such as having lunch with a coworker or attending networking events in your field.

5. How can I stay motivated while juggling two jobs?

Staying motivated can be challenging when managing multiple jobs. It can be helpful to remind yourself of the reasons why you are working two jobs and the goals you are trying to achieve. Set small achievable goals and celebrate your successes. It can also be helpful to find a support system, whether it's coworkers, friends, or family, who can provide encouragement and motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies