• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Lady's Journey to Grow Her Business

I can't get in there...In summary, Loreen proudly shared how she was able to promote her Pampered Chef business by carrying a bag with a catalog sticking out, leading to a potential show and interest in the business. She also shared her success in leaving catalogs at a local Staples and car wash. The conversation then shifted to suggestions for a male consultant, including wearing a PC pin, hat, or using a credit card with the logo. Other suggestions included getting a logo banner for the car and checking out the Director's store for more options in sizes and products.
Loreen
I just started carrying a bag large enough to have a catalog sticking out. Today I had a lady see it and ask me if I'm a Pampered Chef lady. I proudly said yes and had her fill out a show survey slip to get her contact info and went out to my car to get a catalog. She said she just loves the products and wants to do a show and is interested in info about the business.

This happened at my local Staples where I was buying show folders for .01 each. Just gotta love back to school specials that include products we need for our business.

Also, at the car wash I saw the clerk eyeing the catalog and I asked if I could leave one in the waiting area and she said sure. I go there every now and then, so I'll follow up with her when I go back.

Well Done Loreen!!Way to go. Now, I gotta ask, how would you all suggest a guy do this? I feel funny carrying around a bag of anykind so... And not to mention that most of the time, I don't need my "murse" when I go in a store. My wallet is in my back pocket so...
Oh yeah, the other problem, I have no PC wear because well, our vendor assumes everyone weighs 150 pounds.

Any ideas?

Hmmmm
pampered1224 said:
Way to go. Now, I gotta ask, how would you all suggest a guy do this? I feel funny carrying around a bag of anykind so... And not to mention that most of the time, I don't need my "murse" when I go in a store. My wallet is in my back pocket so...
Oh yeah, the other problem, I have no PC wear because well, our vendor assumes everyone weighs 150 pounds.

Any ideas?

Not sure what to suggest for a guy to carry a catalog. But, as far as PC wear, I ordered a ball cap at NC for my husband (and it just arrived today) - would you wear a ball cap?

Way to go, Loreen! That's awesome!

John - can you wear a button or carry a keychain with PC on it? Do you have a logo sticker on your car? I get stopped at the grocery store (in the parking lot) all the time b/c of my logo on my car. Do you wear hats - can you wear a PC hat? Just trying to think of some ideas for you. HTH! :)

pampered1224 said:
Way to go. Now, I gotta ask, how would you all suggest a guy do this? I feel funny carrying around a bag of anykind so... And not to mention that most of the time, I don't need my "murse" when I go in a store. My wallet is in my back pocket so...

Any ideas?

John - I have had the best response from just wearing my Pampered Chef pin.......people always ask me about PC when I wear it. I have the one from Nancy's - not sure if she still has some available.......

You can also use the PC credit card. I have had a few ask this way!

Hubby likes the hatJust gave my hubby his PC hat and he likes it. He said he'll wear it with pride and now I've got to make sure my cards are always in his wallet.

Also, gave my daughter a PC visor and she keeps my cards in her wallet as well.

Since I'm fairly new, I'll do just about anything I can to publicize my business.

Don't forget the large logo banner for the car, too!

Merrill has a bumper emblem that looks interesting. It's like the Jesus fish, but it's the PC logo. :)For your car - not you. :D

Merrill's clothing also seems to have more size options then VIP had.

Ann, where are you seeing the bumper emblem? I tried looking through most of the categories and did not see it. I did see the license plate frame which seemed pretty reasonably priced but I'm not sure they'd be all that noticeable.

It might be in the Director store. Oops...Actually, now that I think about it, that is where it is.

chefann said:
It might be in the Director store. Oops...

Actually, now that I think about it, that is where it is.

LOL, I'll have to get my director to let me come over & browse the directors store and pick out a few things for her to buy for me. :D

chefann said:
It might be in the Director store. Oops...

Actually, now that I think about it, that is where it is.

hey! How'd you get into the directors store?

um... I update my Director's cluster web site, so I log in as her. :blush:
And as long as I'm logged in, I may as well check out Merrill's Director's store, right?

chefann said:
And as long as I'm logged in, I may as well check out Merrill's Director's store, right?

Busted!:p

So what else do they have that I may NEED for my business?

chefann said:

Hmm - that's a good idea. My director hasn't updated her cluster website since JANUARY, so maybe I should offer to do it for her and then I'll get to see stuff she can see and I can't... ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Busted!:p

So what else do they have that I may NEED for my business?
hmmm....
a 3-2-1 coffee mug (4.95, matches the mousepad from Conference)
a "Discover the chef in you... ask me how" button (3.60 for 6)
the car logo (6.95)
black ceramic mug (4.50)

Do they have the same sticker for your car that they had at National Conference? At conference they only had the one that said Pampered Chef....do they have the one where you can include your phone number, website, etc?

kblee1 said:
Do they have the same sticker for your car that they had at National Conference? At conference they only had the one that said Pampered Chef....do they have the one where you can include your phone number, website, etc?
No but I do have the one they had at Nat Conf on my car and it looks better on the car than I thought it would.

There's a car sign that's a magnet, and you can personalize it. But the window sticker is just the logo.

cathyskitchen said:
Hmm - that's a good idea. My director hasn't updated her cluster website since JANUARY, so maybe I should offer to do it for her and then I'll get to see stuff she can see and I can't... ;)
DUDE!! ME TOO!! My Director is technologically impaired. She doesn't even HAVE a cluster website and my Upline Directors site isn't that great. :p She sure could use some help. ;)

Sorry... new at this, but what is Merrill's?

I have another question. I hear there are smaller catalogs, do they have the same things in them. I would like to put a catalog on all my neighbors front door step, but the catalogs seem so big.

Last question, where can I get lap boards. I bought some plastic folders, but things just slipped out of them and they were so flimsy, (spelling ??). Or what do you use??

Thanks, Dee

Merrill is the official logo stuff supplier for consultants. You can get to them through Consultant's Corner. Go to Promoting your business > licensed merchandise vendors. Then Click the link to Merrill.

Merrill has lap boards that look really nice.

Mini catalogs have only new items in them. They're available on supply order from HO.

I have the lapboards from Merrill. They are nice. I have also purchased lapboards from Express Yourself online. Just Google for the website.

I actually like the ones from Express Yourself better. They are more affordable, of comparable quality and come in colors. Merrill's are only in white. The Merrill ones have the PC logo on them but I find this detracts from the catalog cover. I purchased transparent stickers & place them on the EY lapboards in an area of my choosing. I have red ones from EY & I find them easy to locate after a show. I count how many I handout at my shows so I am sure I have them all when I leave. If you will be putting pens in them, I learned that I want to make sure that the clip on thingy on the pen doesn't have an open gap because they may fall out. I also prefer the "click" style of pen over the ones with a cap. I get packs of them at the dollar store cheap.

Just my preferences....

Ann, is there a way we can purchase some of the things you mentioned from
the director website?

You'll need to contact your Director. I'm not actually a director - yet.
Just keep in mind that many directors like to use the things from the Director store as incentives and awards - that's why the store is there, after all.

chefann said:
You'll need to contact your Director. I'm not actually a director - yet.
Just keep in mind that many directors like to use the things from the Director store as incentives and awards - that's why the store is there, after all.

So now a bunch of consultants will be bugging their director to either order stuff for them or to start using stuff in the director store as incentives. All those poor unsuspecting directors. :p

ToteDoes anyone happen to have a picture of the following item (from the F/W '07 supply order form). I'm thinking about ordering and using this when I go out and about to run errands to help promote my business. From the first post of this thread, it seems to help. Has anyone else replace their purse with this? I still feel a little funny about carrying around such a big bag as a purse. All my purses tend to be what I dub "The armpit purse" - kind of like a hobo purse. Any chance someone can take a picture of them with their tote over their shoulder? i'm such a visual person, that it's hard to shop for stuff when you can't touch/feel. ;-) Thanks in advance!

9612 Catalog Shoulder Tote Bag (Black micro-fiber tote bag with clear pocket on front for catalog) - $15.00

pampered1224 said:

Any ideas?

The tracts from my church are about the same size as our mini catalogs. They fit great in the front pocket of a men's button downs shirt. Try that. They should stick up just enough to show the PC logo. :)

Ideas for John
pampered1224 said:

Any ideas?

I agree - the bag thing doesn't cut it. The blue Ask me about PC button works wonders - Lots of people look at it.

Wear the PC hat pin once you hit 15K in sales - I have since gotten another and keep one on my outer coat, and wear one when leaving work.

Sometimes PC logo clothing works, but so often people are used to seeing guys wearing shirts with a logo or name, they don't look at it.

Also, I take a planner and catalog wherever I go, and leave the catalog on top when I go to the latte line to order my coffee. Twice folks have asked about the catalog and I booked one as a catalog show and another placed an online order. [Once, someone just took my catalog - left my planner though! (phew!!)]

And definitely have catalogs in your car. I booked a show in a thrift store parking lot - it closes tomorrow!!!

God Bless, take care!

Leigh0725 said:
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the following item (from the F/W '07 supply order form). I'm thinking about ordering and using this when I go out and about to run errands to help promote my business. From the first post of this thread, it seems to help. Has anyone else replace their purse with this? I still feel a little funny about carrying around such a big bag as a purse. All my purses tend to be what I dub "The armpit purse" - kind of like a hobo purse. Any chance someone can take a picture of them with their tote over their shoulder? i'm such a visual person, that it's hard to shop for stuff when you can't touch/feel. ;-) Thanks in advance!

9612 Catalog Shoulder Tote Bag (Black micro-fiber tote bag with clear pocket on front for catalog) - $15.00

I was hoping to see a picture too!!! You can e-mail me if you want at [email protected].

Thanks folksBeen a long week so I just got to look at this.
No I don't wear hats so Scott's idea about using buttons seems to be the thing to do. And Ann, you are evil, I just have to get my director to order me some of the discover the chef in you buttons! I had the Ask me button but it never got a lot of attention and yea, the logo tees didn't work well either. I think to many guys wear tees with all sorts of stuff on them so people just don't look. I just have to get over myself and start doing something more public.

I do have the OLD PC sticker on my back window. I have had it for about 4 years now. 1 lead - that's all. Maybe I just live in an area where no one reads! Or no one asks any one anything or I don't know, I am just completely out of ideas. I do carry catties all the time in the car. I have business cards and I have gotten orders and shows that way. Again, only a few.

So short of plastering myself with neon, I think I have tried everything.

My mom had an idea. Our state fair is coming up and my group does do a booth there. I decided NOT to do it this year. I have for 6 years and have gotten many leads that just did not pan out. I have had a total of two shows from those leads. So that's about $400 in booth time, sore feet, one very sore leg, and for what? Basically nothing. People like to buy when they are there. I can not afford to buy 200 of anything to sell on site. Plus our upline director does not want us to do that. That's not what the booth is for. So...

We have a few festivals in our city. Once a weekend all summer long so, she was thinking of me grabbing my old PC shirt, some of the old Help Whip Cancer pins I have, stapling a business card to them and see what happens. I would stand outside the festival park. Won't cost a thing and if I get in trouble, well, I can admit stupidity as I am not selling just giving away pins. I was told the city ordience that require a vendors lisence is for selling. Nothing about giving them away!

So next weekend I am headed downtown or to the burbs for some church festival.

Thanks for the ideas! I gotta find all the buttons I do have and I may clinck alot but I gotta do something! Thanks!

pampered1224 said:
We have a few festivals in our city. Once a weekend all summer long so, she was thinking of me grabbing my old PC shirt, some of the old Help Whip Cancer pins I have, stapling a business card to them and see what happens. I would stand outside the festival park. Won't cost a thing and if I get in trouble, well, I can admit stupidity as I am not selling just giving away pins. I was told the city ordience that require a vendors lisence is for selling. Nothing about giving them away!

That sounds like a great idea. Good luck and may you get many good leads from this.

I've been looking for that leigh, i thought it was on merrill but i guess i'll hav eto look at the other site!

My husband wears golf/polo shirts that I bought in Men's 2X and 3X when VIP provided our apparel. Maybe it is because the shirts are dark (black and navy) and the logo's are light, but he often will have people ask when he wears it. There's also the travel coffee cup that you could carry if you have to have your coffee! And as far as the catalog goes, I always put the mini-catalog in the edge of my pocket-size planner from Franklin Covey. If you don't carry around a planner or a briefcase, the mini-catalogs should fit in a shirt pocket or back pants pocket OK.

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:

Any ideas?

What about kinda rolled and sticking out your back pocket??

"Way to go. Now, I gotta ask, how would you all suggest a guy do this?"

How about using one of those stylish view binders or report covers. I have seen alot of them at staples and office max. You can carry one of those around as your business binder where ever you go and still look "manly"! :)

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products through in-home cooking demonstrations and online sales.

2. How can I host a Pampered Chef show?

You can host a Pampered Chef show by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and scheduling a date for the show. The consultant will bring products for a cooking demonstration and you can invite your friends and family to attend and learn about the products. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your show.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show allows you to earn free and discounted products, learn new cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive event with your friends and family. You also have the opportunity to support a small business and connect with a Pampered Chef consultant in your community.

4. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant! You can start by contacting a consultant in your area or visiting the Pampered Chef website to learn more about the business opportunity. As a consultant, you can earn income through product sales, host shows, and build a team of consultants.

5. How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant in my area?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant in your area by visiting the Pampered Chef website and using the "Find a Consultant" feature. You can also ask friends and family if they know any consultants or attend a Pampered Chef show and ask the consultant for their contact information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • MrsNetNut404