1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What is your best microwave cake?

1. rebeccastt

rebeccastt Veteran Member Silver Member

Hi All,
    I am a new consultant and have never made a microwave cake before. I'd like to make one for my show tonight that will be really delicious and no fail (since I don't have time to try it out first). I'd like to get it going before the show so I don't want there to be a lot of ingredients or work.

If you have any ideas/recipes that you would highly recommend that fit these qualifications, and you have made it before, please help me out!

Thank you so much,

Dec 2, 2005
  2. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

Well, I'm sure you're having your show already. I have sold a bunch of fluted stones in the past couple of months since I've been doing microcakes at my shows. I always tell my guests if they buy a fluted stone I'll supply them with a list of recipes for it. My guests love it. The past couple of months I have just given my hosts a choice of 3 different microwave cakes and they pick one for me to do. They are all very simple. I think the strawberry cheesecake one is really yummy. Although I personally like to make the regular cake mix and plop frosting on top. Its so moist. If you don't have the fluted pan recipe document let me know and I'll post it.

Dec 2, 2005
  3. rebeccastt

rebeccastt Veteran Member Silver Member

Thanks Janel. I did make one at my show and I just made a chocolate cake with Peanut chips. It was a little finicky in the microwave I used, but people were impressed. We live in the high dessert where in the summer it is always so hot and people definately do NOT want to turn their oven on. They were also impressed with the 3-2-1 recipe because it is so easy.

Thanks for your opinions....I'll try making the strawberry cheesecake!

Dec 3, 2005
  4. cla519

cla519 Member

could you post the strawberry cheesecake recipe?

Dec 3, 2005
  5. luv2cookathome

luv2cookathome Member

I make alot of Sunshine Cakes in my fluted pan. All of my hosts have loved it!! My kids love it too and they have no idea there is carrots in it thanks to the new microplane. ;)

Attached Files:

6. janel kelly

Here's the strawberry cheesecake recipe

Attached Files:

Dec 3, 2005
  7. cla519

cla519 Member

I don't think we have cheesecake pudding mixes here. Is there a brand name that you buy? Is it the Jello cheesecakes that you would buy where you would buy cake mixes?

Dec 4, 2005
  8. janel kelly

They are in the same isle with all the other pudding mixes. They are in our grocery stores here. I go to the base commissary and they don't carry cheesecake pudding. I have to go downtown to get it.

Dec 4, 2005
Have something to add?