• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake Question

In summary, Trish is looking for a cake that is bundt shaped and has angel food cake as the main ingredient.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
I have a sheet with a whole bunch of microwave cake recipes. In the top corner it gives the basic directions and then the list is just the name of cake and ingredients. (I might have gotten it from this site, I'm not sure).

So, I want to make the chocolate banana cake and the ingredient list is
1 yellow cake mix
1 bag chocolate chips
1 box banana cream pudding
3 eggs
banana extract

Anyone know how much extract to use. I am guessing 1 tsp. since that is pretty typical for vanilla in recipes. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

TIA!

I have not made that cake, but I do a lot of the 12 minute micro cakes. I would assume you are adding the pudding prepared. 1 tsp of extract sounds good.

no. Pudding is not prepared. Should it be? This is the first time I'm using the fluted stoneware and the microwave. The only other similar cake I made was the lava cake and that one you combined the dry pudding mix and the dry cake mix.
Here are the directions for this one. Sound right?
1.) Brush your pan with vegetable oil using the Pastry Brush.
2.) Mix eggs and pie filling in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most).
3.) Add cake mix and blend well with Mix ‘N Scraper.
4.) Pour batter in pan and microwave on HIGH for 12-15 minutes.
5.) Let cool 10 minutes and invert on platter.

The banana one I've seen used a can of banana pudding. If you're using a box of mix, you'll need to add some sour cream or oil to the recipe, but I don't remember how much.

I agree with Ann.. just the 3 eggs doesn't seem like enough liquid for the cake... it will be too dry. I'd add 16oz sour cream.

I agree too, or 2 cups of prepared pudding should work

eeek, thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked! I bake a lot but usually from scratch and in the oven.:balloon:

Thanks for all your advice. I made a chocolate chocolate kalua cake and the banana chocolate cake and they both turned out wonderful! YAY, it's my first time using my fluted pan :)

Incredible 12 minute cakeHere is the flyer info I have. If you want the entire sheet I can email it to you. I hope this is what you are looking for.
Gloria

INCREDIBLE 12 MINUTE CAKES

Need a quick dessert for a potluck or a beautiful finale to dinner? With THREE ingredients, a microwave and our Stoneware Fluted Pan, you’ll have an impressive and delicious cake!

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Spray your pan lightly
2. Mix eggs, pie filling in Batter Bowl (I find a whisk works for most)
3. Add cake mix blending well with Mix n Scraper
4. Drop batter into pan and Microwave for 12-13 minutes
5. Invert onto platter

If you do not have a Carousal, rotate halfway through cooking time. Check with a cake tester.

Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie fillings, nuts, etc.
I have found best results with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cake mixes.

Cherry Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
3 eggs
Top with fudge frosting, whipped topping
Grated chocolate, or more cherry filling

Double Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
½ cup chocolate chips

Luscious Lemon
1 lemon or white cake mix
1 can lemon pie filling
3 eggs
Top with a lemon glaze and whipped topping

Banana Banana
Banana cake mix
1 can banana cream pie filling or
14 oz mashed bananas
3 eggs
Glaze with powdered sugar glaze
chopped walnuts, optional

Strawberry Blast
1 white or pink cake mix
1 can strawberry pie filling
3 eggs

Apple Cinnamon Spice
1 spice cake mix
1 can applesauce or apple pie filling
3 eggs
Drizzle with caramel? Top with ice cream or whipped topping

Pumpkin Caramel
1 spice cake mix
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
3 eggs
½ tsp cinnamon, optional
Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping & top with cool whip! A sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on cake is nice too!

Raging Red Raspberry
1 while or chocolate cake mix
1 can raspberry pie filling
3 eggs
whipped topping & grated chocolate

Butter Pecan & Apple
1 Butter Pecan cake mix
1 can apple pie filling
3 eggs
Top with cinnamon ice cream

I made the Cherry Chocolate yesterday with strawberries instead...I followed the directions to a tee and it came out perfect! It did feel wierd to only add eggs and canned fruit.

Mine always come out better when I use pudding mixes instead of pie fillings. And yes, I do add the amount of milk recommended on the pudding box. Hm, I want to try the kahlua one now...

Here's a document I hand out.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• 12-Minute Miracle Microwave Cakes 1a.doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 771
I am going to make the red white and blue trifle --the recipe calls for angel food cake.

Anyone ever make an angelfood cake in the microwave with the bundt pan?

Has anyone made a cake in the rice cooker plus using only cake mix and cola? Does it work just as well as the other cakes in the rcp? Should I use pam or rub w/cooking oil?

pampermejolene said:
eeek, thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked! I bake a lot but usually from scratch and in the oven.:balloon:
You shouldn't be in the oven when you are baking. It's hot in there! :)

natural said:
I am going to make the red white and blue trifle --the recipe calls for angel food cake.

Anyone ever make an angelfood cake in the microwave with the bundt pan?
Where in MN are you? I live in MN, too!

Kitchen Diva said:
You shouldn't be in the oven when you are baking. It's hot in there! :)

It makes me work quicker when I'm cooking from scratch! hehehe! Can't stand the heat! :balloon:

What is the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake"?

The "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that allows you to make a delicious cake in just 12 minutes using your microwave.

What ingredients do I need to make the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake"?

You will need 1 box of cake mix, 1 can of pie filling, and 1 egg to make the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake". You can choose any flavor of cake mix and pie filling to create a variety of cake flavors.

Can I use any type of cake mix and pie filling for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix and pie filling for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use a regular size cake mix and a 21 oz can of pie filling for best results.

How do I make the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake"?

First, combine the cake mix, pie filling, and egg in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix until well combined. Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. You can also add toppings such as whipped cream or ice cream for extra flavor.

Can I make the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake" in advance?

Yes, you can make the "12 Minute Miracle Microwave Cake" in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • DebPC