• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Sour Cream Cake Recipe - Oven & Microwave Directions!

In summary, this cake is really good and easy to make. It is chocolate cake with a sour cream filling.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
Can someone give me the recipe for making a cake with sour cream? If you have the directions for microwave and oven, I'd like both. And what is your opinion on this cake - better than regular?? THANK YOU!!

Oh man, I made a cake with sc a long time ago in Home Economics class. I don't even remember the recipe but I remember thinking "Yuck! This is so nasty, I wont even try it!" and then it was fantastic!

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Chocolate Cake Mix
3 eggs
16 oz sour cream
3/4 cup Kahlua

Mix together and pour into Stoneware Fluted Pan. Bake 14 min in the microwave. Let stand in microwave for another 14 min. then turn out onto Large SA Platter. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

This is a big favorite of my family and guests.

any cake mix flavor
3 eggs
16 oz sour cream
prepared frosting flavor to compliment cake mix (NOT whipped)

Prepare Fluted Stoneware Pan. Combine cake mix, eggs and sour cream. Pour into fluted pan. *If desired put 4-5 medium scoops of frosting over cake mix (if you use the whole tub it will over-flow in baking). Microwave 13-15 minutes until sides pull from pan. Cool 5 minutes, invert onto plate. Cool completely and garnish as desired with powdered sugar, sprinkles, fruit, chocolate, nuts - whatever you like.

*I usually make it without the frosting (same directions as above). Once cooled completely I put frosting in small microcooker (don't need the entire tub of frosting - I use about half), microwave 13-15 seconds until drizzle consistancy, drizzle over cake and garnish as desired.

People LOVE this cake. They like the taste and are WOW'd by how quick it is done.

This one is my favorite! It's an older PC recipe.

Peanutty Chocolate Cake
This decadent cake is a cinch to assemble and bakes up in a flash in the microwave oven.

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 ounces, 2 cups) sour cream
3 eggs
8 Reeses peanut butter cup candies (regular size, not miniatures)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

1. Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix to sour cream mixture; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining cake batter, spreading evenly.

3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto serving platter.

4. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.

5. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tips: To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All® Cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.

To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

These all sound SO GOOD!! I can't decide which to try first! Thanks everyone :)

Does anyone know a good recipe for a lemon cake?

Lemon Sunshine Cake

Lemon Cake mix (plus ingreients to make cake)
1 can lemon pie filling
Cool whip for topping

Pour cake batter in oiled lutted pan, top off with lemon pie filling (ontop around the entire fluted pan...it will sink thru while baking)
Bake in microware for 11-15 minutes (when top of cake is done)

Serve with Cool whip topping.

just found these....boy am I in the mood for cake!

There is an oreo cream cake in one of the old dessert cookbooks that is really good and uses sour cream in the batter. I don't remember which cookbook off the top of my head.

1. Can this recipe be made in the oven and microwave?

Yes, this recipe can be made in both the oven and microwave. The microwave option is great for when you're short on time and want to make a quick dessert, while the oven option produces a slightly crispier crust.

2. How long does it take to make this cake?

The total prep and cook time for this sour cream cake recipe is about 45 minutes. The oven option takes about 35 minutes while the microwave option takes about 10 minutes.

3. Can I substitute the sour cream for something else?

Yes, you can substitute the sour cream with plain yogurt or Greek yogurt in equal amounts. This will still give the cake a moist and rich texture.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time and store it?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 2 months and thaw it before serving.

5. Can I add any additional toppings to this cake?

Yes, this sour cream cake is versatile and can be topped with various fruits, such as berries or sliced peaches, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce or caramel. Get creative and add your favorite toppings!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • pampermejolene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ann F
  • finley1991