• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Cake Question (I'm Sure It's a No-Brainer)

complaint is that there wasn't really a lot of frosting. But it was edible and delicious so I can't really complain!You can use cream cheese frosting before cooking if you want, but it won't be as melty.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just not sure.

Can I use the fluted pan in the microwave to make a "regular" cake.

By regular I mean just mix it up the way it says on the box, oil, eggs, water.

I think all of the micro recipes I've seen had sour cream in them or pie filling or something else.

If anyone knows if this will work, let me know please.

Thanks.

I really don't want to go out in the smoke:yuck: to get sour cream, or a ready made dessert!

I wouldn't try it....the recipes I have done call for a can of icing to be "plopped" onto the mixed cake batter in the fluted pan....this allows the icing to melt through the cake, leaving it moist. That is why there are recipes that call for sour cream as well. Doing it "plain" could really be icky!

pampermejolene said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just not sure.

Can I use the fluted pan in the microwave to make a "regular" cake.

By regular I mean just mix it up the way it says on the box, oil, eggs, water.

I think all of the micro recipes I've seen had sour cream in them or pie filling or something else.

If anyone knows if this will work, let me know please.

Thanks.

I really don't want to go out in the smoke:yuck: to get sour cream, or a ready made dessert!

You sure can! The only micro cakes I've been brave enough to try call for mixing as called for on the box/package and then adding canned icing to make it 'self-ice'. So if you skip the icing stage you'll have a cooked naked cake instead ;):D that you can then ice/glaze yourself. So go for it! Add the oil, water, egg and micro!

Enjoy!

Yes you can make just a regular cake mix with no extras in the microwave! :)

I make regular cake in the microwave in the rice cooker at every show.
I do add a half a can of frosting into the batter before cooking, but that just sinks to the bottom as it cooks. (flipped over, it becomes the glaze)
I never did it in the fluted pan, but my director has, and I am pretty sure it was just a cake mix followed as directed.
Hope this helps...

thanks guys! You are fast!And I'll probably use applesauce instead of all the oil, so hopefully that will keep it moist too.I was going to make a carrot cake... hrmmm... should I frost it with the cream cheese frosting BEFORE cooking it? I've only tried that method once and it did NOT work! All the frosting was on the bottom! My friends thought I was nuts for icing it that way! ooops!

uh oh, now you have conflicting advice! Let us know if you try it and how it works out.

pampermejolene said:
thanks guys! You are fast!

And I'll probably use applesauce instead of all the oil, so hopefully that will keep it moist too.

I was going to make a carrot cake... hrmmm... should I frost it with the cream cheese frosting BEFORE cooking it?

I've only tried that method once and it did NOT work! All the frosting was on the bottom! My friends thought I was nuts for icing it that way! ooops!

I would. I'd mix it up, put it in the WELL GREASED fluted pan and then add the icing to the top so it works it's way through the cake and ends up on the bottom like you mentioned. Because when you flip it the bottom will now be the top and it will/should ooze over the sides and self-glaze.

kcjodih said:
I would. I'd mix it up, put it in the WELL GREASED fluted pan and then add the icing to the top so it works it's way through the cake and ends up on the bottom like you mentioned. Because when you flip it the bottom will now be the top and it will/should ooze over the sides and self-glaze.

That's what I thought was supposed to happen... last time I tried, the frosting stayed where I put it. So when I inverted the cake, the bottom of it was the frosted part. Looked like a naked chocolate cake on top!

ok.
I made the cake, pretty much according to the instructions but instead of 1 cup water and 1/2 oil I used 1 cup apricot applesauce and 1/4 cup each of the water and oil. And, because I was afraid the frosting wouldn't do the melty thing like it was supposed to I only used about 1/4-1/2 of the can. 12 minutes later. I have an awesome cake! I took it out, let it cool and delicious! The only thing that was kind of funky was since the frosting had melted to the top like it's supposed to that part was too moist to frost, so I had to frost the sides. Next time I'll use more frosting before microwaving.Thanks for all your suggestions. You helped save dessert!

My fave cake in the fluted pan is an apple spice cake. 3 eggs mixed with a can of apple pie filling and then mix in a spice cake mix. Bake that and it's done. Really good!

I don't do the frosting in the cake, cuz I think it looks funky. But you can melt it in the micro a little once the cake is done and then pour it over the cake.

I've only made a couple of cakes in the MW and both times I put the can of frosting in FIRST. Came out fine.

1. How do I make a microwave cake with Pampered Chef products?

Our Pampered Chef microwave cake recipe is simple and delicious! All you need is our microwave cake pan, a boxed cake mix, and your favorite toppings. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box, and pour the batter into the microwave cake pan. Microwave for the recommended time, and let it cool before adding your toppings.

2. Can I make a microwave cake without a Pampered Chef pan?

While we highly recommend using our microwave cake pan for the best results, you can still make a microwave cake without it. Simply use a microwave-safe dish or mug and follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Keep in mind that the texture and shape of the cake may be different without the Pampered Chef pan.

3. How long does it take to make a Pampered Chef microwave cake?

The time it takes to make a microwave cake with Pampered Chef products will vary depending on your microwave's wattage and the type of cake mix you use. Generally, it takes between 3-5 minutes to cook in the microwave, plus additional time for cooling and adding toppings.

4. Can I use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake. However, we suggest using a boxed cake mix that is specifically labeled for microwave use for the best results. These mixes are specially formulated to cook properly in the microwave.

5. Can I make a Pampered Chef microwave cake in a convection microwave?

Yes, you can make a Pampered Chef microwave cake in a convection microwave. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box, and adjust the cooking time according to your convection microwave's settings. Keep an eye on the cake while it cooks to ensure it doesn't overcook or burn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • frozenchef