• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is (Or Was) Your Favorite Color New Traditions?

In summary, the conversation revolved around different colors of stoneware available in the New Traditions line. The colors mentioned were yellow, forest green, country blue, cobalt blue, sage green, vanilla, and cranberry. Participants shared their preferences for certain colors, with some mentioning their love for cranberry and others expressing regret for not trying other colors. There was also discussion about mixing and matching colors and the availability of certain colors in different pieces of stoneware. Some participants also mentioned the availability of colors in past catalogs, with dates ranging from 2002 to 2004.
cooking.with.ann
Gold Member
For those of you who have been around longer than me, what is (or was, if it's no longer made) your favorite color in the New Traditions stoneware?

From what I've seen, it looks like there was:

yellow
forest green
country blue
cobalt blue
sage green
vanilla
cranberry

Did I miss any?

I think I would have liked the sage--I really like those soft greens.

Ann

Forest Green. I would have liked for that one to stick around. I do like the cranberry a lot better than the vanilla, but that's always been one of my favorites.

I love the cranberry! But I also like the vanilla. So, it really does not matter to me, I reckon. I was not around for the other colors.

I love the sage green and the country blue matches my kitchen best. Most of my pieces are cranberry with a few vanilla pieces.

Cranberry -

OMG Gillian - you have over 4250 posts When do you ahve time to recuirt anyone????

I only have "plain", 1 cranberry and 1 vanilla. From what I own, I like Cranberry, but would have loved Forest Green.

Kathytnt said:
Cranberry -

OMG Gillian - you have over 4250 posts When do you ahve time to recuirt anyone????
Recruiting them is the easy part, it is getting them to qualify that I am having trouble with! I know two have shows ready to submit, but I can't get ahold of them and don't see them showing up on the IPT!!

The only color I have ever liked is the cranberry.
I have a brand new Cornflower blue deep dish pie plate still in teh box sitting in my closet if anyone is interested

I have only seen the cobalt blue pie plate once and thought it was gorgeous for a fourth of july desert, but I really like the cranberry. It fits all seasons well. Especially Christmas.

sillylittlechef said:
I have only seen the cobalt blue pie plate once and thought it was gorgeous for a fourth of july desert, but I really like the cranberry. It fits all seasons well. Especially Christmas.

Ohh - I never thought about Cobalt Blue for 4th of July!!
Cool idea!

I have everything in the vanilla...haven't been around for all of the other colors, but now I am wishing I went with cranberry....but like I said, I have EVERYTHING in vanilla, too late to switch now!!

jenniferknapp said:
I have everything in the vanilla...haven't been around for all of the other colors, but now I am wishing I went with cranberry....but like I said, I have EVERYTHING in vanilla, too late to switch now!!

You could still mix -n- match!

I do have the DCB in cranberry....but I don't know if I like mixing...haha...and I am only missing the mini baker....so that would only leave me with 2 pieces of cranberry and all of the rest in vanilla....I know, I am funny about that stuff!

I love the cranberry. I wasn't around for the other colors, but I would probably have liked the forrest green and cobalt blue too.

I only have cranberry and vanilla, and love them both!!

I must be losing my mind because I don't remember the other colors at all!!!!! I've only been selling for 2 years, but was a customer for at least 10!! I must not have liked them because I sure don't remember them!!

I have a catty from 2003 with the cobalt and yellow in it, so it wasn't THAT long ago...

gilliandanielle said:
I have a catty from 2003 with the cobalt and yellow in it, so it wasn't THAT long ago...

I have f/w '03 with cornflower blue

Oh - and I only have 10 more posts to go til I get my PINK star!!!

LOVE the cranberry. I have some vanilla pieces that I got as bonuses but don't like them nearly as much. Everything I've purchased myself has been in cranberry.

My kitchen is cranberry, cream, and yellow, so I just wish they had made more pieces in the yellow - I use the yellow crock for my nylon tools by the stove.
My neighbor's whole house is Americana - so she bought all of the cobalt blue when we had it, and has most of the cranberry & some french vanilla - she loves to mix and match it!

The Cobalt Blue and Buttercup Yellow were the same season (Spring 2003). Both were available as a crock, and the blue was also available as the pie plate. University of Michigan fans LOVED it!

The Wildflower Blue and Meadow Green were available as crocks only in Spring 2002.

There was a Heather Blue pie plate in spring 2004. And a matching consultant tablecloth.

The Forest green was Fall 2003, and came in DDB, Mini Baker and crock. There was a set of matching consultant linens (apron and tablecloth) this season.

I love the cranberry as well. It seems to fit my home more than the other colors and I really like the way it draws attention to my table. Oh yeah, the food does too but when it's gone......the cranberry looks great!:p

I must have a spring catty then! I started selling in Fall of 04, so I just started when the cranberry came out...

Cranberry! It's the only one that I really love! The vanilla is pretty but the cranberry is elegant looking to me!;) :)

I always have guests asking for it in true white. But I think that would start to look weird next to the unglazed portions as it seasoned and got dark.

Generally, I like the cranberry, but I do have a few of the limited edition pieces that are nice to pull out (the forest green looks lovely next to the cranberry for Christmas). And I have all the FV, too.

gilliandanielle said:

I probably just didn't like them so I didn't store that info in my memory ;) Plus, I got married in 2000 and got an instant family (2 step-daughters that live with us full time), found out 5 months later that I was pregnant. Went on the night shift after my son was born. I didn't really know of a lot of things that was going on around me at the time. I was a zombie most of the time.

I think the cranberry is lovely. I have a few pieces in other colors, and they're okay. I never really thought about my favorite color, though.

I only have Vanilla the plain stoneware. I like the cranberry but if I chip it it's white underneath and it'll be soooo noticable! I figure if I chip the Vanilla it won't be as noticable. I just wish the DDB came in Vanilla or just plain.

SilverCeladon said:
I only have Vanilla the plain stoneware. I like the cranberry but if I chip it it's white underneath and it'll be soooo noticable! I figure if I chip the Vanilla it won't be as noticable. I just wish the DDB came in Vanilla or just plain.
I beat mine around all the time and they have never chipped, so I wouldn't not buy cranberry just because of that...

Ooooh the blue pie plate sounds nice, my MIL would love that. Dannyzmom, if you can hang onto it, can I buy it for her for Mother's Day? I hate the vanilla. Honestly, I think it is just so boring because it doesn't look much different to normal stoneware. But I love the cranberry. :)

I love love love the cobalt!!The cranberry is growing on me, but most of my stones are vanilla!

britishchef said:
I hate the vanilla. Honestly, I think it is just so boring because it doesn't look much different to normal stoneware. But I love the cranberry. :)

The cranberry is growing on me, but since I already have everything except the rectangle baker in vanilla, I don't think I'll be picking up much cranberry (except the DCB).

Once you start using the "plain" stones, they don't look anything like the vanilla, as my avatar will show!

Ann

Look at your stone collection Ann! You go girl!!!

I love my stones...I use at least one stone a day, no kidding. Either at breakfast or dinner most days, sometimes at lunch on the weekend, or for snacks.And it's only my husband and I! Can you imagine if I had a houseful to feed? (If only we were so blessed...)Ann

I started out with a couple pieces of vanilla - and then cranberry. Cranberry is my favorite, I like the way it goes with everything and seem to go with every hosts decor - I like the vanilla too, but I dont like the way the outside sometimes stains and I have to clean it more.

chefann said:
The Cobalt Blue and Buttercup Yellow were the same season (Spring 2003). Both were available as a crock, and the blue was also available as the pie plate. University of Michigan fans LOVED it!

The Wildflower Blue and Meadow Green were available as crocks only in Spring 2002.

There was a Heather Blue pie plate in spring 2004. And a matching consultant tablecloth.

The Forest green was Fall 2003, and came in DDB, Mini Baker and crock. There was a set of matching consultant linens (apron and tablecloth) this season.

Oh Ann your so "seasoned":D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76