• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Favorite Movies of All Time?

In summary, some people were talking about the movie Caddyshack in the "hijacking" thread. Caddyshack is one of my all time favorite movies. :D So, I was kinda wondering what your favorite movies of all time are...like the ones you would watch over and over and over. Here are mine: Grease, Sound of Music, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and Wizard of Oz.
pcchris
Silver Member
Some people were talking about the movie Caddyshack in the "hijacking" thread. Caddyshack is one of my all time favorite movies. :D So, I was kinda wondering what your favorite movies of all time are...like the ones you would watch over and over and over. here's mine:

Caddyshack
Major League
The Breakfast Club
any of the Indiana Jones movies
AND, just about anything with John Travolta.

(I am experiencing a bit of deja vu...like maybe I did this before, but I can't find it.)

Mine would be

Grease
Sound of Music
Miracle on 34th Street

Another Christmas movie...can't think of it....every time a bell rings an angel gets their wings....darn it, what's it called?

kcjodih said:
Mine would be

Grease
Sound of Music
Miracle on 34th Street

Another Christmas movie...can't think of it....every time a bell rings an angel gets their wings....darn it, what's it called?

"It's a wonderful life" is the Christmas movie you are thinking of.

My most favorites are the romantic comedies,of which I like

How to lose a guy in 10 days
You've got Mail.

I know I like more, just can't think of them this late.....

Oh yeah, I like Wizard of Oz.

D'oh! I can't believe I forgot the Wizard of Oz! That's one of mine too! Wow - I can't believe I forgot that one...it must be late.

It is late, I had to sing the song (over the rainbow) to remember the name of it.... Of course I sang it very quietly to myself... :eek:

I love Sixteen Candles- watch it every time it's on - I was 16 when it came out!
Shawshank Redemption - such a compelling movie - I'm drawn to it whenever it's on - great acting!

Terms of Endearment, Steel Magnolias, Once Around, Beaches - love tearjerkers

John Hughes movies of the 80's - I am an 80's gal:)

I, too, love It's a wonderful life - must only watch once a year on Christmas Eve
Those are just a few - I love watching movies - I even worked in a movie theatre when I was a senior in high school and couple of summers in college.

genburk said:
"It's a wonderful life" is the Christmas movie you are thinking of.

My most favorites are the romantic comedies,of which I like

How to lose a guy in 10 days
You've got Mail.

I know I like more, just can't think of them this late.....

Oh yeah, I like Wizard of Oz.

Yes Tina thank you!

Okay here's mine revised...

Grease
Sound of Music
Miracle on 34th Street
It's a Wonderful Life
Sleepless in Seattle
Wizard of Oz....off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was, if ever oh ever a wiz there was, the wizard of oz is one because...because, because, because, because, becauseeeeeeeeee...because of the wonderful things he does!! :D

kcjodih said:
Yes Tina thank you!

Okay here's mine revised...

Sleepless in Seattle
Wizard of Oz....off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was, if ever oh ever a wiz there was, the wizard of oz is one because...because, because, because, because, becauseeeeeeeeee...because of the wonderful things he does!! :D

Let's sing in unison-----1, 2, 3,

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz, we hear he is a wiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was, if ever oh ever a wiz there was, the wizard of oz is one because...because, because, because, because, becauseeeeeeeeee...because of the wonderful things he does!!

Just kidding

I like sleepless in Seattle
Forgot about Shawshank redemption but watch it whenever it comes on too
And Pretty Woman whenever it comes on too.

Let me answer for my 4 year old first.

Shrek, Shrek, and Shrek.

For me,
Amadeus
Breakfast Club (my sister and I used to say ALL the lines - how lame were we?)
War of the Worlds (no idea why)
It's a Wonderful Life
Gone with the Wind

Diane - I still remember all of the lines in the Breakfast CLub...that is way too funny!!! LOL!!!

So you were as lame as I was, hey?

I love the Terminator movies, but I still think Terminator 2 was the best. Man, I wish I had her body from that movie!

probably even more, Diane...I'm a neo-maxi zoon-dweebie! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Oh, thanks for the memory. With that, Good night!

Going to sleep already?
You're a parents' wet dream.

OK, you're killing me! I can't think of any good quotes - it's too late! Guess I'm going to have settle for being a, um, parents' wet dream (can you say that when you're a mom?) I have to get up in 3 and a half hours!!!!

It's almost 12:30 a.m. here...so yep, it's time for bed...

"Eat my shorts!!!"

LOL!!!

It's in Johnson's underpants.

CasablancaBest movie ever. Period.

OK everyone, here's my list:

The Breakfast Club (I have probably watched that movie more than any other!)
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
Somewhere In Time (with Christopher Reeve)

And movies to watch with hubby favorites:
Gladiator
Armegeddon
Dances with Wolves
and what was that movie with Brad Pitt where he was the middle brother back in civil war times...he fell in love with his brother's wife...bro died, then Brad Pitt got to be with her...I can NOT think of the title!

Hubby and I will watch any of those movies ANY time they are on!

My faves are:

Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
Beaches
Steel Magnolias
Top Gun
When a man loves a woman

I love a good tearjerker!:eek:

KellyTheChef said:
and what was that movie with Brad Pitt where he was the middle brother back in civil war times...he fell in love with his brother's wife...bro died, then Brad Pitt got to be with her...I can NOT think of the title!

Hubby and I will watch any of those movies ANY time they are on!

Is it Legends of the Fall? If so, I love that movie! That's a sad movie as well!

Ok here is my list:
The Wizard of Oz
Mary Poppins
THE NOTEBOOK!!!!! can not watch it enough
Facing the Giants
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
and ANYTHING with Brad Pitt or George Clooney

I am a bit of a cinephile... My husband and I own way too many movies, and it's horrible because we just enable each other. Anyway, my list:

Jurassic Park (only because I become insane when watching it: I yell at that TV and I'm convinced they're not going to make it this time) :)
Grease
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Amelie
Garden State
Moulin Rouge

Way too many others, but my favorites change all the time. I go through phases... :)

Ok mine are:
Notebook!! (can't watch it enough)
Titanic
Bourne Supremecy, and Bourne Identity ( I am an action movie junkie)
Love both Cheaper by the Dozen!
Grease
All of the Indiana Jones movies
Oh and anything with Denzel Washington in it! WHEW! AWESOME actor!!

Casablanca (I agree KG!)
Singing In The Rain
Brigadoon
(I'm a huge Gene Kelly fan!)
Benny & Joon
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (the one w/ Steve Martin)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Grease
ALL of the Alfred Hitch**** Thrillers
To Kill A Mockingbird
Braveheart
White Christmas

Okay......I think that would be my list of very favorites....I do have several that I watch every Christmas...but they have already been listed by others.:p

Stupid censors!! Alfred Hitchc*ck...can't believe that would be censored! Crazy!

Oh wait! I forgot:

Breakfast At Tiffanies
My Fair Lady
Roman Holiday

How could I have forgotten Audrey Hepburn? LOVE her!

Mine are:

Pretty Woman
Dirty Dancing
Steal Magnolias
Under The Tuscan Sun
Titanic
Grease I & II
I am a sucker for Horror movies. Love Em!! But they have to be the intense, really make you jump out of your seat ones not the stupid ones like Tesas Chainesaw Massacre-YUCK!!!!!

My favorite Christmas movies are: "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT"-A Chritmas Story!! I also love Christmas Even on Sesame Street. It has been a tradition since I was little. Now I watch it with my son.

pckelly said:
Ok mine are:
Notebook!! (can't watch it enough)
Titanic
Bourne Supremecy, and Bourne Identity ( I am an action movie junkie)
Love both Cheaper by the Dozen!
Grease
All of the Indiana Jones movies
Oh and anything with Denzel Washington in it! WHEW! AWESOME actor!!

I love Matt Damon in these movies. In the first one, when he's climbing that brick wall... HOT!

Grease
Keeping the Faith
Sleepless in Seattle
Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
Steel Magnolias
Titanic
and
Pretty much any movie with Adam Sandler or Ben Stiller in it.

:p

I love movies. Some of my favorites this morning (they change depending on how well the memory is working) are:

Moonstruck (Cher and Nicholas Cage. Fabulous cast. Classic)

Return to Me (little-known fantastic movie staring David Duchovny and Minnie Driver; comedy and tear-jerker in one!)

Airplane (I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.)

Anything with Sean Connery (Still one of the sexiest men on the planet)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

This is a tough question... I am a movie fanatic!

Some of my all time faves...

Dangerous Minds
Lean on Me
Blues Brothers (the original ~ Orange whip? Orange whip? Three Orange whips here please)
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
Pretty Woman
The Jerk (I was born a poor black child... hehehe that just cracks me up!)
The LakeHouse (Keanau.. yummy!)
Oceans Eleven (George... Double yummy!)
The Green Mile
Dead Poets Society

TOOOO Many to choose just a few... I will most likely continue to add to this as the day progresses! :D

Last edited:
So many of my favorites have been mentioned, but I am going to add some that have not.

Barefoot in the Park

Anything with Rock Hudson and Doris Day

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original. I still cry when Charlie wins the factory.)

Field of Dreams (My husbands father died when my husband was 14. I just cry and cry during this movie since I never got to meet his dad. We named our son after him.)

My all time favorite comedy is Young Frankenstein! Abby, Abby who? Abby Normal. Roll, roll, roll in the hay.

Lisa

Yep, Legends of the Fall... GREAT movie!

PampMomof3 said:
Is it Legends of the Fall? If so, I love that movie! That's a sad movie as well!
YES!! Legends of the Fall! Thank you!

KellyTheChef said:
YES!! Legends of the Fall! Thank you!

oh I forgot about that one! I loved that movie!
mine are-
#1 fav-Dirty Dancin'- need to watch it everytime I see it while flippin'
Coyte Ugly
Grease
Fever Pitch (little more current :eek: )

I have so many other favorites! my DD is always saying "you say that about every movie mom!"

I probably would have loved Gone with the Wind if I hadn't read the book first, they just left so much out (as usual with movie vs. book)

Anyone else love Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Sean Penn cracks me up in that one! And I love Judge Reinhold!

Awesome! Totally awesome!!!!

I actually just watched that last week!

Corina Corina
Legends of the Fall
Doris Day movies
You've got mail
Sleepless in Seattle
How to loose a guy in 10 days
Mrs. Doubtfire
A league of their own
Facing the Giants
An Imitation of life

Last edited:
I don't really have a favorite- it depends on the mood I'm in.

But I have noticed that I haven't seen many of the movies people have posted here. And there are others that would be on my "most hated" list. (No, I'm not insensitive enough to indicate which ones and offend people.)

DH will only watch movies that have spaceships, explosions or a body count (preferably all 3), so if I want to see a chick flick, I have to try to catch it on TV. And we're cheap enough to not pay for movie channels on our cable. So my choices are pretty limited.

SciFi movies are the new, politically correct Cowboys & Indians. All the Star Wars films are just shoot 'em ups in space and that's probably why we like them so much. All that's missing is John Wayne and Gary Cooper.Some of the best films ever were made are ancient because before the days of special effects and computer generated characters, the script writing and filming techniques had to tell the story.Some of my all-time favorites are Casablanca (best film ever made) Gone With The Wind, The Quiet Man, Donovan's Reef (that one isn't high quality, it's just fun!) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Charade was the best Hitchcok movie that Hitch didn't make. I'm also very fond of Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Laura, The Caine Mutiny, Tom Jones, and a little seen Tony Curtis movie called The Great Imposter. I think I also have to include Psycho on that list for the tight script and Hitch's expert direction.Now, if you want to list comedies, I could fill up an entire page. A Christmas Story is one of my favorites, mostly becuase Jean Shepherd is my favorite writer.

Fun question. Okay, my movies are a bit different but my favorite nonetheless:

Like Water for Chocolate
American Me
Dumb and Dumber
Mi Vida Loca

See, I told you they were different....:eek:

Hmmm- not a lot of time for movies...

I love the stupid LMAO comedies, She's the Man with Amanda Bynes (I am really showing my age here), Hitch with Kevin James, Sweet Home Alabama, 50 First Dates

Nicky said:
Ok here is my list:
The Wizard of Oz
Mary Poppins
THE NOTEBOOK!!!!! can not watch it enough
Facing the Giants
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
and ANYTHING with Brad Pitt or George Clooney

The Notebook even made my husband and 16 year old cry, or at least they looked like they were tearing up..... but they won't fess up.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
wow, I can see why I like you all..we have alot in common!!!
Mine are:
Dirty Dancing
Breakfast Club
Pretty Woman
Remember the Titans
While you were sleeping
You've got mail
St. Elmo's Fire
To Kill A Mockingbird

Ah, yes....sci-fi vs Westerns. My DH will sit and watch old westerns all day long, if I let him. There are only a few shows that I watch faithfully (or at least try to!), and everytime I want to watch something, there he is watching some goofy old western movie. I don't mind some of them, ie: McLintock, True Grit, Fistful of Dollars or The Good, the bad and the ugly. But, all of the other ones...well, I guess that's why I have a tv in my room.

I tend to enjoy movies that make me laugh. It helps to release the tension of the day. Stupid humor is my fave...like Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber, etc. However, my FAVORITES are in my first post.

I was watching the local news the other night and they were talking about Dirty Dancing and that it is going to be rereleased this summer!! I think on the big screens!

Chris- I love McLintock!! My dad is a huge John Wayne fan and we used to watch his movies all day together on the weekends. I also love Hatari...

Nicki- I think it is just 2 days (May 1st and 2nd maybe??) but it will be in some theaters for the 20 year anniversary.

You're right Gillian - Dirty Dancing will be on some screens on May 1st and
2nd for their 20th anniversary (I loved Patrick Swayze when this came out - I was a sophomore in college):)

<h2>1. What are your favorite movies of all time?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I don't have a lot of time to watch movies, but when I do, I enjoy a good comedy or action movie. Some of my all-time favorites include Caddyshack, Major League, The Breakfast Club, and any of the Indiana Jones movies.</p><h2>2. Have you seen Caddyshack?</h2><p>Yes, I have seen Caddyshack and it is actually one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the combination of comedy and golf in this film.</p><h2>3. What do you think about the movie Major League?</h2><p>I really enjoy Major League as well. It's a hilarious sports comedy that never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.</p><h2>4. Do you like The Breakfast Club?</h2><p>I absolutely love The Breakfast Club. It's a classic coming-of-age movie that tackles important issues while still being entertaining.</p><h2>5. What other movies do you enjoy?</h2><p>I am a big fan of John Travolta, so I enjoy pretty much anything with him in it. Some of my other favorites include Grease, Pulp Fiction, and Face/Off.</p>

1. What are your favorite movies of all time?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I don't have a lot of time to watch movies, but when I do, I enjoy a good comedy or action movie. Some of my all-time favorites include Caddyshack, Major League, The Breakfast Club, and any of the Indiana Jones movies.

2. Have you seen Caddyshack?

Yes, I have seen Caddyshack and it is actually one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the combination of comedy and golf in this film.

3. What do you think about the movie Major League?

I really enjoy Major League as well. It's a hilarious sports comedy that never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.

4. Do you like The Breakfast Club?

I absolutely love The Breakfast Club. It's a classic coming-of-age movie that tackles important issues while still being entertaining.

5. What other movies do you enjoy?

I am a big fan of John Travolta, so I enjoy pretty much anything with him in it. Some of my other favorites include Grease, Pulp Fiction, and Face/Off.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies