• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

The Matrix (yes.. I know... "Mr. Anderson..." That is the sound of inevitability..) Disney/Pixar movies... oh this can take all night...In summary, the conversation topic is about movies that people have watched so many times they can quote the entire dialogue. Some of the mentioned movies include The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, The Wizard of Oz, Sixteen Candles, Fletch, Finding Nemo, Tombstone, Casablanca, Steel Magnolias, Friends, The Color Purple, and The Matrix.
pcchris
Silver Member
With all the sadness and worry going on here as of late, I thought maybe it was time for a different track...so bear with me. (not to make light of anyone's sadness or despair)

I was watching tv the other night, and The Breakfast Club was on. :thumbup: My kids could not believe that I can quote the entire movie. So, here's tonight's question...

What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?

Mine is The Breakfast Club, and Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and of course, The Wizard of Oz.

(This is different than my thread a few months ago about fave movie quotes)

pcchris said:
With all the sadness and worry going on here as of late, I thought maybe it was time for a different track...so bear with me. (not to make light of anyone's sadness or despair)I was watching tv the other night, and The Breakfast Club was on. :thumbup: My kids could not believe that I can quote the entire movie. So, here's tonight's question...What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?Mine is The Breakfast Club, and Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and of course, The Wizard of Oz.(This is different than my thread a few months ago about fave movie quotes)
ps...I love movie quote threads!!Mine is Sixteen Candles, Fletch, and embarrassing to admit......Finding Nemo. (my son watched that movie every day, over and over) It's stuck in my head, like it or not!! :p

I am kind of a nerd - The one I know the most is Tombstone. "I'm your Huckleberry"

I know there are more but that is what comes to mind first.

chef_kimmo said:
I am kind of a nerd - The one I know the most is Tombstone. "I'm your Huckleberry"

Awesome quote. Val did an excellent job in that movie!

Smashie said:
ps...I love movie quote threads!!

Mine is Sixteen Candles, Fletch, and embarrassing to admit......Finding Nemo. (my son watched that movie every day, over and over) It's stuck in my head, like it or not!! :p

Oh oh, does the Wiggles and Blues Clues count? My son is turning 14 on Monday but I still know most of those.

And since you just reminded me of Disney movies, I would say both the Shrek movies.

Smashie said:
Awesome quote. Val did an excellent job in that movie!

He became one of my favorite actors because of that movie. He does a pretty good job of being Ice too but I just love him in as Doc Holiday. :love:

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."Best movie ever made. Period. End of discussion.

Oops...forgot about Disney movies...hmmm...

The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast! (I know all that dialogue too. how sad....LOL!!)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Best movie ever made. Period. End of discussion.

Okay, I'm thinking that this quote is from Casablanca...am I correct?
(never did watch the whole thing...my bad!!)

pcchris said:
Okay, I'm thinking that this quote is from Casablanca...am I correct?
(never did watch the whole thing...my bad!!)

You are correct!

Breakfast Club, Steel Magnolias, Sixteen Candles.

Ditto!!!
chef_kimmo said:

Get out!! I had that in mind from the moment I started to read this!!! Tombstone is an all time favorite, if it's on cable I will watch it to the end no matter what part of the movie I catch. LOL Love all of the 80's movies too, my friends always said I reminded them of Molly R. (Don't know if that was a compliment.) Steele Magnolias, Friends ?? (wind beneath my wings), Color Purple ("sistaaaah you've been on my mind... "), The Matrix (yes.. I know... "Mr. Anderson..." That is the sound of inevitability..") Disney/Pixar movies... oh this can take all night...

"Round up the usual suspects.""I'm shocked, shocked to learn there is gambling going on in this establishment!"

rebeccastt said:
Breakfast Club, Steel Magnolias, Sixteen Candles.

Ohhh I love Steel Magnolias, and I cry EVERY time. :blushing:

Addie4TLC said:
Get out!! I had that in mind from the moment I started to read this!!! Tombstone is an all time favorite, if it's on cable I will watch it to the end no matter what part of the movie I catch. LOL Love all of the 80's movies too, my friends always said I reminded them of Molly R. (Don't know if that was a compliment.) Steele Magnolias, Friends ?? (wind beneath my wings), Color Purple ("sistaaaah you've been on my mind... "), The Matrix (yes.. I know... "Mr. Anderson..." That is the sound of inevitability..") Disney/Pixar movies... oh this can take all night...

I believe you are talking about "Beaches", with Bette Midler?

Smashie said:
I believe you are talking about "Beaches", with Bette Midler?
That's the one!! Gets me every time! I'm such a whimp! :(

Addie4TLC said:
That's the one!! Gets me every time! I'm such a whimp! :(

Me too, it's SOOOOO sad.

Smashie said:
Ohhh I love Steel Magnolias, and I cry EVERY time. :blushing:

ditto - can't imaginge KG does though!

I can totally watch Under the Tuscan Sun, Top Gun, Ice Princess, Princess Diaries, Singin' in the Rain, and Clueless over and over...

I can totally quote Clueless and Princess Diaries the entire time. I know there are probably more, but it's been so long since I've had time to watch a movie that I always forget what random stuff my brain has stored until it has something that pulls it out...

I don't have movies, but a series - Farscape. The BEST SciFi serires EVER!!! Even if you don't like SciFi, try watching this - it is hilarious! One Earthling among a whole bunch of aliens on a living ship - every time the main character (John Chriton) makes an Earth reference - to a tv show, movie, etc, they look at him like he has lost his mind.

GourmetGirl said:
I can totally watch Under the Tuscan Sun, Top Gun, Ice Princess, Princess Diaries, Singin' in the Rain, and Clueless over and over...

I can totally quote Clueless and Princess Diaries the entire time. I know there are probably more, but it's been so long since I've had time to watch a movie that I always forget what random stuff my brain has stored until it has something that pulls it out...

Under the Tuscan Sun was so underrated. I LOVE that movie, and the guy....Marcello.........yum!!

Rick​
"If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life."
Ilsa​
What about us?
Rick​
We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we'd lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa​
I said I would never leave you.
Rick​
And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going you can't follow. What I've got to do you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now...now...Ilsa's eyes well up with tears. Rick puts his hand to her chin and raises her face to meet his own.
Rick​
Here's looking at you, kid.

What about Gladiator... "I will see you soon, but not yet..." Shawshank Redemption... Braveheart seems to be on Cable all the time, can't help but memorize the words.... The Patriot.. Love those action movies. Long Kiss Goodnight.. "Chef's do that" LOL

cmdtrgd said:
I don't have movies, but a series - Farscape. The BEST SciFi serires EVER!!! Even if you don't like SciFi, try watching this - it is hilarious! One Earthling among a whole bunch of aliens on a living ship - every time the main character (John Chriton) makes an Earth reference - to a tv show, movie, etc, they look at him like he has lost his mind.

OMGosh! My husband LOVED Farscape! I'm usually not into those type of shows but I really enjoyed that one!

Oaky so I can quote the ENTIRE movie:

THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE.

"Yea!, I'm a llama again!"

I can pretty much quote most Disney and/or Pixar films.
Lately I've been memorizing the one and only Elmo dvd we have. My 20 month old wants to watch it everyday. He's not usually into t.v. since we don't have cable.

Another Tombstone fan here too....
Doc: It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest. Doc: [After seeing Wyatt knock Swilling down with one blow] It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut.Shawshank Redeption "I'm up for rejection"....this is the line that I always told my DH when I was going for a job interview for the state...no matter how many hoops I jumped through, my "rejection letter" would always come.

yummy4tummy said:
Another Tombstone fan here too....
Doc: It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest.

Doc: [After seeing Wyatt knock Swilling down with one blow] It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut.

Shawshank Redeption "I'm up for rejection"....this is the line that I always told my DH when I was going for a job interview for the state...no matter how many hoops I jumped through, my "rejection letter" would always come.
You are a fan!! Doc had the best lines in the whole movie!! With Wyatt a close second "are you just going to stand there and bleed?"

Sorry about your interviews but at least you have a sense of humor about it. Shawshank was also very underrated when it came out, I practically begged my sister to see it (on video at the time)... Once she saw it though it became one of her favorites too. I can watch the last 1/2 hour over and over!

Addie4TLC said:
You are a fan!! Doc had the best lines in the whole movie!! With Wyatt a close second "are you just going to stand there and bleed?"

Sorry about your interviews but at least you have a sense of humor about it. Shawshank was also very underrated when it came out, I practically begged my sister to see it (on video at the time)... Once she saw it though it became one of her favorites too. I can watch the last 1/2 hour over and over!

Yes I DO love that movie (dh's favorite too) Although we have it on DVD, it is just one of those movies that sucks you in every time you are surfing channels...just like Shawshank Redemption.

As far as the interviews with the state...can't help but have a sense of humor regarding that. The interview questions are laughable in themselves. It seems as though my exemplary references, work history, ethics and integrity play no part in the hiring process. It is hard to take rejection too seriously when it is coming from a young lady with purple streaks in her hair, nose and eyebrow rings and various tattoos. Oh well, I guess dress codes are a thing of the past and if it had been meant to be, it would,ve happened.

Breakfast Club (I did see that Sat night at about 1am!) and Ferris Bueller's Day off. Also, LOVE the movie Heathers, although haven't seen it for a while and my NEW cult fave is Zoolander!

Ok my favorites.....Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman. I know most of The Little Mermaid too! LOL!

cmdtrgd said:
I was soooooooo upset when they axed that show! My DH is such a sci-fi freak and it was one of the shows that I LOVED watching with him!

I also really enjoyed the Star Trek that was out about 8 years ago with the lady captain and 7of9...darn I can't think of the name of the series...or the name of the captain!

I also really liked watching StarGate (the series) with him.

OK, now on to the actual question:

Movies that I love to watch over and over....

The Breakfast Club
Just one of the Guys (another 80's movie...anyone remember that one?)
Titanic
Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman

Movies DH and I watch together over and over:
Gladiator
Armageddon (holy cow! We have watched that one a ton!)
Tombstone (this is another favorite the either of us will sit down and watch..no matter when it's on!)
Dances with Wolves

I am sure once I read everyone's posts that I will remember a TON more!

ETA: Pretty Woman to my list. How did I forget that one?!?!

Last edited:
I'm a movie buff. In no particular order, the ones I watch until The Furry Guy feels like shooting someone (most likely me) are:

• Moonstruck
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Christmas Vacation (any time of year)
  • A Christmas Story (again, any time of year)
  • Return to Me (one of the undiscovered gems)
  • My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding
  • Hudson Hawk (I know. I know. I'm one of only six people in the world who liked it.)
  • Animal House
  • Airplane
  • Die Hard
  • Stripes

I'm a fan of Tombstone. It just isn't one of my "over and over" movies.

OH YEAH-Rae reminded me A Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out)
That is my ultimate favorite holiday movie!!!!!

Warning... geek invasion about to happen...

In no particular order

Pirates of The Carribean (All of them - duh -- avatar love... )
Beastmaster
Clash of the Titans (cheesy epic movies at their best)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Pulp Fiction
Lord Of the Rings (All of them, but especially return of the king)
Star Wars: A New Hope
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Wizard of Oz
Willy Wonka
The Incredibles
The Princess Bride
Labyrinth
Goonies
The 300 (Otherwise known as Hottie fest 2007)
The Dark Crystal
The Breakfast Club
Shrek 1 and 2
Monsters Inc.
The Matrix
The Truman Show
and
ET (I stlll cry every time...)

I can't beleive that I forgot -- probably the most moving movie I have ever seen -- Finding Neverland.

How could I have forgotten Willie Wonka, Beastmaster (I really just watch it to drool over the half-dressed Marc Singer), Goonies and Star Wars?! Just add those to my list.

OMG!! I forgot about GOONIES!!!! I still love that movie! It is one of my son's favorites now too!

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post - I check this website almost everyday. Thanks for all the great info you all provide (and also for the entertainment). The movie I have watched the most has to be The Devil Wears Prada. It's mindless entertainment - but always puts me in a good mood when I watch it. Just had to throw in my two cents. Thanks!!

Diane Kaag

Hello, Diane, and welcome to our little asylum.Now, if you're smart, you'll log off and get out of here before you end up like us.;)

Princess Bride - our whole college group could quote that one.

...and :blushing: Blazing Saddles...a classic that would never come out in today's society. (Although we have a million times worse violence-wise).

Can you believe our local video store doesn't even own a copy?????

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Dirty Dancing. My husband knows not to flip through the channels with me in the room, because if we come across Dirty Dancing (and it's on every single day!!) he has to stop or I'll make his life hell. I can recite it word for word. :balloon:

I think I watched the Little Mermaid 3 times a day for a year with my niece when it first came out.

Okay these are going to totally going to show what my type of personality is.
Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
While You Were Sleeping
To Kill A Mockingbird (watch it over and over)
50 First Dates
Sweet Home Alabama
Breakfast Club
Some Kind of Wonderful
You've Got Mail
Just to name a few. I am sure there are more:cool:

DH says my head is full of useless information.

Dawn4 said:
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Dirty Dancing. My husband knows not to flip through the channels with me in the room, because if we come across Dirty Dancing (and it's on every single day!!) he has to stop or I'll make his life hell. I can recite it word for word. :balloon:

My maiden name is Gray...

Do you have an idea how many times that I was told that no one was putting me in the corner? Or that they had the time of their life with me?

:/

I still loved that movie... :)

yummybytes said:
My maiden name is Gray...

Do you have an idea how many times that I was told that no one was putting me in the corner? Or that they had the time of their life with me?

:/

I still loved that movie... :)

LOL, now that is funny!! Sorry ;)

We watch "War of the Worlds" a lot. I don't know why - it's not a favorite of mine, but still, we watch it. I have also watched "Dirty Dancing", "Titanic" and "Breakfast Club" way too many times. My daughter used to love, love, love "Shrek". Over...and over...and over...

dianevill said:
We watch "War of the Worlds" a lot. I don't know why - it's not a favorite of mine, but still, we watch it. I have also watched "Dirty Dancing", "Titanic" and "Breakfast Club" way too many times. My daughter used to love, love, love "Shrek". Over...and over...and over...
War of the Worlds........My son LOVED that movie. I had to hide it because I was sick of watching it.

I have to agree with many of you - my list is as follows

Sixteen Candles (The Donga need food!)
Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
Steel Magnolias
Beaches
Terms of Endearment
Shawshank Redemption (one of the best movies ever!!)
Footloose
Forrest Gump

There's a start!

I actually worked in a movie theatre in high school so I saw a lot of movies over the 3 years I was there. Plus as a kid, my parents took us to movies just about every weekend - they still go every week - I love the movies!

Smashie said:
War of the Worlds........My son LOVED that movie. I had to hide it because I was sick of watching it.
I prefer the 1955 Gene Barry version. It's so hokey, you can even see the wires that suspend the Martian cameras. It's just delightfully tacky, full of the effects that were typical of the 1950's before computer generated effects started to overwhelm the story.

Mine are, in no certain order:

Steel Magnolias
Dirty Dancing
Gone With The Wind
and as embarassing as it is The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

<h2>1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?</h2><p>The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue. </p><h2>2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?</h2><p>I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences. </p><h2>3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?</h2><p>My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home." </p><h2>4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?</h2><p>Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies. </p><h2>5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?</h2><p>I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come. </p>

Related to Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?

The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue.

2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?

I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences.

3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?

My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home."

4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?

Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies.

5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?

I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenifer4000
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • BethCooks4U