• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

The Matrix (yes.. I know... "Mr. Anderson..." That is the sound of inevitability..) Disney/Pixar movies... oh this can take all night...In summary, the conversation topic is about movies that people have watched so many times they can quote the entire dialogue. Some of the mentioned movies include The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, The Wizard of Oz, Sixteen Candles, Fletch, Finding Nemo, Tombstone, Casablanca, Steel Magnolias, Friends, The Color Purple, and The Matrix.
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Tell him you're going to rent Top Pink Sixteen Magnolias.

And may the Schwartz be with you.

OMG! Spaceballs...a CLASSIC! Blazing Saddles! LOL:balloon:

I have to agree that Casablanca is the best movie ever... I can totally quote that one... and of course, like all other moms, all disney movies.. Lion King is my personal Fav. lol

ginamkiely said:
I have to agree that Casablanca is the best movie ever... I can totally quote that one... and of course, like all other moms, all disney movies.. Lion King is my personal Fav. lol

Its weird how I can watch any man or woman get squashed like a bug in any movie but you touch an animal and Im blubbering like a baby...I cannot get thru a Disney movie to save my life....ESPECIALLY Lion King

i know... i just want to kill scar for what he did to mufasa! LOL (how old are we??)

ginamkiely said:
i know... i just want to kill scar for what he did to mufasa! LOL (how old are we??)

And why must every disney movie star have one parent!?

i know and with the exception of lion king why does the mother have to be the one to be gone most of the time?? whats up with that?? lol

ginamkiely said:
i know and with the exception of lion king why does the mother have to be the one to be gone most of the time?? whats up with that?? lol

ANOTHER good point!;)

thanks i try

ChefLoriG said:
Princess Bride

ANOTHER classic! Forgot about that one....

The Big Chill.

ChefLoriG said:
Princess Bride

My favorite all time movie is AIRPLANE! But only the first one

Denarella said:

OH YEAH!! I used to know that one well....but I haven't seen it in quite a while! The second Airplane movie was dumb...but the first one was hysterical!

I also love the Police Squad movies! (With Leslie Nielsen)...what a crack up he is!

My faves: Under the Tuscan Sun and Tristan & Isolde

I too love all the oldies from the 80's brings me back to my preteen years:)

Wedding Crashers, 40 year old virgin. HIGHLARIOUS.

oooh almost forgot this one....Fast times at Rigdemont High.

Tommy Boy (hangs head in shame...)

DanielleQ said:
Tommy Boy (hangs head in shame...)

why in shame??? I LOVE that movie...

"do i have a mark here??" buahahaahahahaaa

"No, no mark..."
"That's funny, because it hurts right here. Not here, not here, but here.""Does this suit make me look fat?"
"No...your face does."I put that movie in every night when I get in bed. So sad, but so true! My boys asked me why I like Tommy Boy and I said, "It's funny." When they wanted to know how it was funny, I said, "Ummmm...well, there's this one part where Tommy is trying to sell brake pads and....yeah, never mind!" It's just not funny unless you're watching it!

DanielleQ said:
"No, no mark..."
"That's funny, because it hurts right here. Not here, not here, but here."

"Does this suit make me look fat?"
"No...your face does."

I put that movie in every night when I get in bed. So sad, but so true! My boys asked me why I like Tommy Boy and I said, "It's funny." When they wanted to know how it was funny, I said, "Ummmm...well, there's this one part where Tommy is trying to sell brake pads and....yeah, never mind!" It's just not funny unless you're watching it!

I love those movies with Chris Farly and David Spade. I thought the two of them together was genius!!! Tommy Boy was my favorite!!!

Off track here.....The Talented Mr. Ripley was a good movie too!

Back in the day before my DH and I came back to the Lord, some of our favorite movies were:

Friday and Dazed & Confused.

We can still quote them but try not too.

You can tell who is in thier 30-something stage...by all the 80's movies! Love all of those brat-pack movies, princess bride, shawshank, heathers, man there have been some good ones mentioned here. But alas, I have a 13 yo and a toddler, so what I can recite is...shrek, cars, can sing most of the wiggles songs (saw them in concert too), happy healthy monsters...my life is run by my children! Thank goodness I actually like them!

robinlkoch said:
You can tell who is in thier 30-something stage...by all the 80's movies! Love all of those brat-pack movies, princess bride, shawshank, heathers, man there have been some good ones mentioned here. But alas, I have a 13 yo and a toddler, so what I can recite is...shrek, cars, can sing most of the wiggles songs (saw them in concert too), happy healthy monsters...my life is run by my children! Thank goodness I actually like them!

Who... the children or the crazy groups you have to listen to?

Denarella said:
And don't call me Shirley! LOL

Valley Girl!! My mother and I used to watch it together at least twice a week when I was a senior in high school. Totally tripindicular!

Yes, I'm an 80's gal!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Little hijack here...My father-in-law is actually in that movie!!

Exqueeeeze me??!! What part did he play??!!! Do tell!!

Addie4TLC said:
Exqueeeeze me??!! What part did he play??!!! Do tell!!

It wasn't a speaking part. He was a prison guard. In one scene where the guards were having their taxes done...he is sitting there waiting to have his done. In another scene...I think it's when Morgan Freeman is being released, he's one of the guards who is walking him out. I don't remember the other scenes off the top of my head!

pcchris said:
With all the sadness and worry going on here as of late, I thought maybe it was time for a different track...so bear with me. (not to make light of anyone's sadness or despair)

I was watching tv the other night, and The Breakfast Club was on. :thumbup: My kids could not believe that I can quote the entire movie. So, here's tonight's question...

What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?

Mine is The Breakfast Club, and Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and of course, The Wizard of Oz.

(This is different than my thread a few months ago about fave movie quotes)
OMG, that is so funny -me too! I loved BC! Also movies I have and can watch over and over again and again:
Braveheart and Terms of Endearment

I love so many of the movies mentioned here (especially the 80's chick-flicks) but my new fav is

Walk the Line.

It drives DH crazy that I will only watch certain movies over and over like the chick flicks but this one he likes too.

reba515 said:
I love so many of the movies mentioned here (especially the 80's chick-flicks) but my new fav is

Walk the Line.

It drives DH crazy that I will only watch certain movies over and over like the chick flicks but this one he likes too.

Oh...I soooooooooo want to see that! I haven't had the chance yet! But I love both of them!

I realized while reading through this thread that there's another movie that I know word for word. It's not a favorite movie of mine. It was my son's favorite for several years. I once had the flu and he watched it over and over. Every time I woke up it was at a different point in the movie. I believe it scarred me deeply. The movie? Home Alone.

reba515 said:

Walk the Line.

Ooh.. I loooove Walk The Line.... amazing film about amazing people. Acting is spot on. Really one of the best movies I have ever seen. I can watch that like mad.

I can't beleive I forgot it.

I love Tombstone and Young Guns 1 only.
I also love Zoolander and Joe Dirt.
I love Breakfast club and the 80's brat pack movies, and I do want to buy Music and Lyrics (the 80's girl in me).

Stampaholic1961 said:
It wasn't a speaking part. He was a prison guard. In one scene where the guards were having their taxes done...he is sitting there waiting to have his done. In another scene...I think it's when Morgan Freeman is being released, he's one of the guards who is walking him out. I don't remember the other scenes off the top of my head!
That is so cool, I remember those scenes... Next time it comes out I will remember. Thanks for sharing. I work in Downtown Los Angeles and they are filming all the time, I have even seen some cool explosion scenes (mostly done with special effects machines.)

Two other movies that I will watch anytime:

Simon Birch
October Sky

Movies about the underdog who searches for and finds his dream. Very uplifting movies!

I have to agree Linda - both of those movies are great as well - and tearjerkers too! And don't forget Rudy!! Another great underdog movie.

Gina M said:
I have to agree Linda - both of those movies are great as well - and tearjerkers too! And don't forget Rudy!! Another great underdog movie.
Oh, how could I forget Rudy? Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!!! I still get chills. I love that one! I had DH watch it when it was on one night and he cried like a baby! LOVE IT!!!!

I can't believe no one has mentioned the all time greatest movie....

The Wizard of Oz!!!!

are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

Besides that, those 1950 sci fi movies... Yes compared to today's special effects they are rinky dink, but back then, they were awesome. I would stay up late on Fri and Sat night when I was a kid just to watch them.

Has anyone mentioned The Notebook?
What about Pride & Prejudice?
Two of my favorites!

TwinGirlsMom said:
Has anyone mentioned The Notebook?
What about Pride & Prejudice?
Two of my favorites!

Sooooooo many great movies listed on here!!!!
Ones that I watch over and over and pretty much have memorized:
Princess Bride
Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
The Cutting Edge
Dead Poet's Soceity

Ones not so much memorized but can watch anytime:
Breakfast Club
St. Elmo's Fire
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Notebook
Pride & Prejudice
And a bunch of other girly movies :D

OH....nearly forgot Top Gun!!!!!

Ok, I might get blasted for this one but...Jerry Maguire? I don't know if it was the kid or "you complete me." My brother thinks that this is one of the worst movies ever because a guy can treat the girl like crap through the whole thing, but finally figure it out and get redeemed. I like the romance...and Cuba Gooding Jr with his shirt off!

Cuba Gooding Jr. ROCKED that movie!!! One of my favorite roles of his!

Just watched Silverado last night - thanks to Chefann :rolleyes: The Kat Lady is on a Kevin Costner Marathon.John Wayne, he ain't, but Silverado is a good flick.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just watched Silverado last night - thanks to Chefann :rolleyes: The Kat Lady is on a Kevin Costner Marathon.

John Wayne, he ain't, but Silverado is a good flick.
I'm so sorry, KG. You can come over here if you want to escape. No Costner here, but you will have to watch Sunday night Adult Swim from Cartoon Network. :)

Shadow Lands w/ Anthony Hopkins & Emma Thompson...cryed my eyes out.

Just watched Gone with the Wind again, DH decided he wanted to see it, well needless to say he fell asleep within the first 30 minutes I watched the entire movie again.

Gone With The Wind is The Kat Lady's all-time favorite.She says GWTW is the best movie ever made. Of course, she's wrong because Casablanca is the best movie ever made.

reba515 said:
Shadow Lands w/ Anthony Hopkins & Emma Thompson...cryed my eyes out.

Just watched Gone with the Wind again, DH decided he wanted to see it, well needless to say he fell asleep within the first 30 minutes I watched the entire movie again.

LOVE this movie! C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors - Surprised by Joy, and A Grief Observed are both incredible books......and I thought Shadowlands was a beautiful, well done movie. (of course, I'm a big fan of Anthony Hopkins also, so in my mind, how could it miss?)

I thought of this thread when playing a game with some of my cousins at Family Reunion yesterday. We were supposed to each write down 3 items to fit a category. The category was "Movies about high school." Most of us wrote down Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Grease, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Ferris Bueller, etc. The 2 youngsters who were playing with us wrote down High School Musical, High School Musical 2 and some other stupid thing like Holiday Party. There was a very clear generation gap.

<h2>1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?</h2><p>The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue. </p><h2>2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?</h2><p>I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences. </p><h2>3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?</h2><p>My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home." </p><h2>4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?</h2><p>Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies. </p><h2>5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?</h2><p>I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come. </p>

Related to Revisiting Movie Classics: The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura, and The Wizard of Oz

1. What movie have you watched SO MANY times that you can quote the entire dialogue?

The Breakfast Club, Ace Ventura - Pet Detective, and The Wizard of Oz are the top three movies that I have watched so many times that I can quote the entire dialogue.

2. Why do you think those movies are so quotable?

I think those movies are quotable because they have memorable and relatable characters, iconic scenes, and catchy lines that stick with us even after multiple viewings. They also have a great balance of comedy, drama, and heart, making them appealing to a wide range of audiences.

3. Do you have a favorite quote from any of those movies?

My favorite quote from The Breakfast Club is "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." From Ace Ventura, it's "Alrighty then!" And from The Wizard of Oz, it's "There's no place like home."

4. Have you introduced these movies to anyone who had never seen them before?

Yes, I have introduced these movies to my kids and some of my friends who had never seen them before. It's always fun to see their reactions and how they connect with the movies.

5. How do you think these movies have stood the test of time?

I think these movies have stood the test of time because they touch on universal themes and emotions that are still relevant today. They also have a timeless quality in their storytelling and characters that make them enjoyable for generations to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jenifer4000
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • BethCooks4U