• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Nicholas Sparks Book?

In summary, the conversation is about the participants' love for author Nicholas Sparks and his books. They discuss their favorite books by Sparks, such as Dear John, The Wedding, and The Notebook. Some mention that his books tend to follow a similar formula, but they still enjoy them. One person mentions being disappointed with the ending of some of his books. Another person shares that they know Sparks personally and that his books are often based in their town. They also recommend other authors, such as Jodi Picoult. Overall, everyone agrees that they love Sparks' books and recommend them to others.
WLMcCoy
I adore his books!! What's your favorite Nicholas Sparks book?

Mine is probably Dear John or The Wedding...

The Notebook by far, but I feel like once you've read one or two of his books you've read them all - they all follow the same formula.

I just finished "At First Sight". It was pretty good.

I love him as well an di have read all his books! And just got the newest one in the mail this week (it just came out on Tuesday!) can't wait till i have time to start it. It's funny too though how so many of his books became movies. I think my fav is the notebook tho i also loved the rescue and the gurdian!

And another good author i recently got into is Jodi Picoult. She has some good ones! Check her out.

:love:I LOVE his books. I have juwt about all of them. Iam about halfway through the chioce. I don't really have a favorite I love the all. He is a great authur

dianevill said:
I just finished "At First Sight". It was pretty good.

I tried all summer and just couldn't get into that book - I was so disappointed because I LOVE his books!!!

So far The Notebook and A Walk to Remember are my favs - I just got The Choice on paperback but haven't started it yet -

A couple of my friends raved about his books so I read "The Notebook" & "A Walk to Remember" & "Message in a Botte" based on their recommendations. I couldn't put them down but at the end I was furious at the endings!! I kept thinking they couldn't all have bad endings but I was wrong! I haven't read any since & won't watch the movies either!!

Nicholas lives in my town! I know him pretty well - he is big in sports at our highschool (track coach) and my DH is our sports announcer. His books are all based here, altho he just might change the name of the town. In The Notebook and The Wedding and Bend In the Road, he actually calls it New Bern. Its just as he describes it. He's a great guy - as well as his family and the house he is building on the river is incredible. Really, when I'm around him, and the same with most of us here, we dont even think of him as Nicholas Sparks, he's just plain ole Nick. The characters in his books are named for his kids, for instance his oldest son is Miles and I think Miles was in The Notebook? Cant remember....anyway - here is an article from last Sundays paper. Enjoy!

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/one_42331___article.html/tour_author.html

I read THE NOTEBOOK a while ago - LOVED it and couldn't put it down once I started (finished it in a day - LOL). I really liked the way he writes.....

Cindycooks said:
Nicholas lives in my town! I know him pretty well - he is big in sports at our highschool (track coach) and my DH is our sports announcer. His books are all based here, altho he just might change the name of the town. In The Notebook and The Wedding and Bend In the Road, he actually calls it New Bern. Its just as he describes it. He's a great guy - as well as his family and the house he is building on the river is incredible. Really, when I'm around him, and the same with most of us here, we dont even think of him as Nicholas Sparks, he's just plain ole Nick. The characters in his books are named for his kids, for instance his oldest son is Miles and I think Miles was in The Notebook? Cant remember....anyway - here is an article from last Sundays paper. Enjoy!

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/one_42331___article.html/tour_author.html

Thats great. I really do love all of his books. I am just about done with "The Choice" and I highly recomend that books to anyone. Its great I just really enjoy everyone of his books.

I love all his books as well - anyone ever read his non-fiction one - 3 weeks with my brother? That is a good one as well - he traveled with his brother around the world for 3 weeks - interesting to hear of his family life and background.

Gina M said:
I love all his books as well - anyone ever read his non-fiction one - 3 weeks with my brother? That is a good one as well - he traveled with his brother around the world for 3 weeks - interesting to hear of his family life and background.

Haven't read that one yet but might just have check it out.

Gina M said:

i have all of this books. so if you love him, DEFINITELY read 3 weeks with my brother. its so funny to read because you can tell he puts alot of his experiences and his travels into his books. i read it & i could associate alot of things to certain books.

I'm reading one right now, but I can't remember the name of it.

The main girl and guy are neighbors. He's a vet and she's a nurse.

He is one of my favorites. I was really excited that I actually was able to go to his book signing on Saturday. I have my daughters, and sister hooked too, so I had several books signed. My 12 year old son waited in line with me and took my pic with him. It was funny because all of my kids were excited for me, they always buy me his books for Christmas or birthdays.

cheryl929 said:
I'm reading one right now, but I can't remember the name of it.

The main girl and guy are neighbors. He's a vet and she's a nurse.

Thats the one I am finishing up also. Its called "the choice"
I just went to Target last night and bought the new one "The Lucky One"(I think thats what its called) I can't wait to start it!

I read 3 weeks with my brother and LOVED it. The Notebook may be my favorite. I also like Jodi Picoult's books as someone previously mentioned her above. And, have you tried Janet Evanovich? I have so many favorite authors, depending on the mood I'm in is which I read.

Related to What's Your Favorite Nicholas Sparks Book?

1. What is "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?"

"Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?" is a book club created by Pampered Chef to bring together fans of Nicholas Sparks' novels and discuss his works while also sharing delicious recipes and kitchen tips.

2. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to join "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?"

No, "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?" is open to anyone who is a fan of Nicholas Sparks' novels and wants to connect with others who share the same interest.

3. How often does "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?" meet?

The book club meets once a month, typically on the last Friday of the month. However, meeting dates and times may vary depending on availability and holidays.

4. Can I participate in "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?" virtually?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers both in-person and virtual options for participating in the book club. You can join in the discussion and share your thoughts on the books and recipes from the comfort of your own home.

5. Are there any fees associated with joining "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?"

No, there are no fees to join "Anyone Read Nicholas Sparks?" However, if you wish to purchase the featured book or ingredients for the recipe, those costs will be your responsibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • janezapchef