• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Must-Read for Kids: Our New Favorite Book!

In summary, the conversation is about a book called Skippyjon Jones which is a favorite among children and adults. The book is silly and fun to read, and even the author's own children enjoy it. It features a Siamese cat who thinks he is a chihuahua and has adventures with a band of banditos. The book is recommended for children around the age of 4 or 5, but can also be enjoyed by older children who are fans of other silly and adventurous books. Some other book recommendations are "Pirates Don't Change Diapers" and "Freddie Fernortner: Fearless First Grader" for children who enjoy high levels of silliness in their books. Overall, the conversation is about
janezapchef
Gold Member
I just had to share about this book. We got it out of the library last week and it has instantly become a favorite here! My kids LOVE IT (they are 4 and 2), and I love reading it. It's one of those really fun books to read! My mom asked us to get it for her for Christmas after reading it to my kids. Anyway, I know that's a silly thing to post, but I am always trying to find good books for my kids. SO, I thought I'd pass that along.

we have it too...it is very cute!

Trina

We LOVE skippyjon jones around here, it is soooo silly!

Oh my gosh, my dd loves skippyjon jones and she has the books and has got the audio before and her and my son memorized a bunch of stuff from it and race to see who can say it the fastest!
What a hoot! We love skippyjon jones!:D

Skippyjon Jones is a favorite of my pre-k kiddos! We love Skippyjon!

Skippyjon is the favorite of my co-teacher! She does a whole week of Skippyjon every year! :) Glad to hear you're fostering a LOVE for reading!!

Wow! A whole week! I want to be in that class!

That's one I will definitely have to get for my grandson! He loves to be read to! On Wednesday night since my DD has to be there at 5:30 and his teachers don't arrive in the nursery until 6, we go to the "lie-barry". He picks out his books and takes them to "Miss Ruff (Ruth)"! He is too cute. We got one called "My Happy Pumpkin" 2 weeks ago and read it at least twice a day! We got 4 more new ones tonight and 2 yesterday when we stopped by the church for my DD to take something to someone there. I love his face when he goes down there! The "little old ladies" there absolutely love him too!

Okay - My DS is 4.5, and loves all kinds of books....but I wonder if these would hold his attention. We spent the summer reading Freddy Fernortner, Magic School Bus and Magic Tree House books, we just finished Charlottes Web....but he also LOVES Richard Scarry books, and we also just read a couple called How I Became a Pirate, and Pirates Don't Change Diapers. Those would all be more "age-appropriate" I guess.

Would he like these? I looked them up on Amazon, but was wondering if it would be worth ordering for Christmas, or if he would say they were "baby books"?

You could always check them out of the library, but my dd is 4.5 actually too and "reads" all those you mentioned (or along those lines at least). This is definitely more on par with that. My ds (who is the 2 year old) likes to listen to me do my silly Spanish accent, but we get not too far in before he wants to play, too many words on the pages for him. Pirates Don't Change Diapers is also one of my dd's favorites, and she also loves Richard Scarry. I would doubt he'd say it's babyish at all! It's about a little Siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua and meets up with a band of banditos (in his imagination, of course). I'm telling you, it's hilarious for me! A youngster would have to think so too!

Are there other books in the series? Like I said, this was a fluke pick up at the library, and we are in love!!!

janezapchef said:
You could always check them out of the library, but my dd is 4.5 actually too and "reads" all those you mentioned (or along those lines at least). This is definitely more on par with that. My ds (who is the 2 year old) likes to listen to me do my silly Spanish accent, but we get not too far in before he wants to play, too many words on the pages for him. Pirates Don't Change Diapers is also one of my dd's favorites, and she also loves Richard Scarry. I would doubt he'd say it's babyish at all! It's about a little Siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua and meets up with a band of banditos (in his imagination, of course). I'm telling you, it's hilarious for me! A youngster would have to think so too!

Okay - that's what I needed to know. They sound really cute - and he loves things with a high silliness quotient!

You should check out the Freddie Fernortner: Fearless First Grader series! Those are so silly - and DS LOVES them!

Related to A Must-Read for Kids: Our New Favorite Book!

1. What is the title of the book?

The title of the book is "A Must-Read for Kids: Our New Favorite Book!"

2. Who is the author of the book?

The author of the book is not mentioned.

3. Is the book suitable for all ages?

Yes, the book is suitable for all ages as it is a children's book.

4. Can the book be purchased through Pampered Chef?

No, the book is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It can be purchased through other retailers or online.

5. What is the book about?

The book is about a group of kids who discover a new favorite book and the adventures they have while reading it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • buckeyefan08
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
Replies