1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Free Summer Movies with the Kids

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

In case you were not aware, many major Movie Theaters have Summer Family Movie programs....you can take your kids to see one of usually two G or PG movies playing each week- usually Tuesday or Wednesdays- and most always in the morning (9:30am or 10:am) - for !FREE! (some places may charge a few dollars- most are free) Even the adults get in free! The only thing you pay for is any concessions! And they are movies that are usually hot-movies from the past 1-2 years or really popular.

it's a great deal for summer-fun with the kids when they are out of school

Here are the links to a few national theater groups- you can search for your state. Or contact your local theater and see if they participate.

Regal/Consolidated Theaters
    Marquee Cinemas
    Dickson Theaters

AMC Theaters
    Cinemark
    and this website has a few others.

My kids love it- and I love it just as much! But be sure you get there at least 15-20 minutes early. The theaters can fill up quickly with kids, day-camps, track-out camps, etc. At the various theaters in my area, they almost always have all screens on one side showing one movie, and then all screens on the other side showing the second movie....so you can have 6-8 screens showing the same movie- which helps!

ENJOY! :D

Jun 18, 2009
  2. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

It isn't in my area

:cry: :mad: :yuck: :mad: :thumbdown: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry:

Jun 18, 2009
  3. esavvymom

Check with your theater locally. You might be surprised. Worth a phone call, right?

Jun 18, 2009
  4. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

I entered my zip and it said no entries

But I will call tomorrow morning

I remember about 20 years they did because I took my son to those.

Thanks

:chef:

Jun 18, 2009
  5. esavvymom

Someone put me wise to this website as well:

kidsbowlfree.com: Kids Bowl Free All Summer Long!

choose your bowling alley and they will email you bowling tickets for two free games EVERY day of the summer for each of your kids. you only have to pay for the shoes...
    At most places, you can pay about $24 for mom and dad to bowl all summer too!! The number of bowling allies is limited...but worth checking out! :D

Jun 29, 2009
  6. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

thanks... that is great. I forgot about the free summer movies.

Woo Hoo the local bowling place is on the list.

Jun 30, 2009
  7. cewcooks

cewcooks Advanced Member

Thanks, do you know if there is a age limit, my DD is 12. We love to go to the movies.

Jun 30, 2009
  8. esavvymom

None that I've ever seen. I see teens/pre-teens in there all the time...and adults who come with the kids. But each theater may do their own thing. But I'd be really shocked if you had any issue with a 12-yr old!!

Jun 30, 2009
  9. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

At our theater their are old people that come to it. So I am guessing they will let whoever in.

Jul 1, 2009
Have something to add?