• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree

In summary, the Choc Rasp, Cherry Almond, and Vanilla ice cream sauces were all sampled and found to be "eh". The Cherry Almond was the least favorite, with the Chocolate Raspberry being the most popular. The Caramel sauce was also liked by all, but was found to be very thick and difficult to thin out. The sauces are expected to be in stock at the store until December, when everyone goes on their post-holiday diet.
kam
Staff member
So I decided to put away my supply order items and I saw the Choc Rasp Sauce and the Cherry Almond Sauce...

Me: Hmmm...look at these sauces! Why I don't I get some Vanilla ice cream and we can try these?
DH: OK.
Me: (reading the jar)...use as a topper for cheesecake...
DH: Oh! Make me a cheesecake.
Me: Well, I'm not going to make one today, I'll just buy one. ... (reading again) use as a topper for pound cake. Oh! I like pound cake.
DH: Well, buy a pound cake too!
Me: (continue reading)...topper for waffles. I have been in the mood for waffles.
DH: Well, get some of those, too!

OK! I'll go to the store and buy a cheesecake, poundcake and waffles. And since I was talking about Vanilla ice cream, I'll buy that too!

AND I DID! OMG! What is wrong with me?? Then I called DH from the store and asked him if he wanted anything to snack on!! HAHA

I can't wait to try the new sauces!

Cherry Almond Sauce -- I was looking forward to that the most. It was just "eh" to me. I was sad. :(Chocolate Raspberry Sauce -- It's delicious but very thick. Heat it up or it won't drizzle on things.

That sounds like my kind of the shopping trip, except substitute cookies for the cheesecake. Love the choc. rasp sauce. I don't like cherries or almonds so haven't tried that one. Think the caramel is much better than Tastefully Simple's (ended up throwing out a jar of it, though maybe b/c it was too old).

I tried the sauces at my director's meeting. My unopened jars are sitting on the counter. The diet starts for real on Mon. when the kids go back to school. It's better if the jars just stay closed.

Enjoy all of your sampling ;)

OK, we just tried cheesecake with the Cherry Almond Sauce.

Keith, I agree with you, the Cherry Almond was nothing special. I was looking to that one to be my fave. Remember the Black Forest Trifle a few holidays ago...and the recipe called for Cherry Pie Filling mixed with almond extract? That mixture is to die for! And I think that is what I was expecting.

I felt as if it definitely did not have enough almond flavor to it. DH liked it. He said there is just enough almond taste to cut the sourness of the cherries.

Next up: Ice cream with the Choc Rasp. Thanks for the tip to heat it.

Becca, I don't have the Caramel one yet. I am not a fan of caramel, but DH is. Wasn't sure how different it would be from other Caramel sauces. I'll have to order it next supply.

Last edited:
I have the sauces sitting here at my house waitng to try them but DH and me (sort of) gave up sugared food mid June.

A cluster-mate was telling me today that the caramel is very thick and you can't get it out of the jar unless you warm it up. I've only had the Cherry so far. Good, but "so-so". For the price, it's not worth it to me for what I get.

I am addicted to the sauces. Why must I always have champagne taste with a beer budget. I like all 3 personally but the choc raspberry is my fav! SOOOOO YUMMY! Definitely heat it to thin it out. The caramel though I think can be the same as smuckers in the jar so nothing big there but its still tasty.

Hmmm makes me now want some ice cream. LOL

Wonder when these will be the guest special. December? Certainly not January when everyone goes on their post-holidays diet. ;)

1. What is "Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree"?

"Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree" is a collection of delicious and versatile sauces that are perfect for any meal. They are made with high-quality ingredients and are designed to elevate your cooking to the next level.

2. How many sauces are included in "Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree"?

This collection includes five different sauces: Balsamic & Herb Dipping Oil, Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce, Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Spicy Mango & Lime Sauce, and Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce.

3. Are the sauces in "Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree" all gluten-free?

Yes, all of the sauces in this collection are gluten-free. They are also free of artificial flavors and preservatives, making them a healthier option for you and your family.

4. How do I use the sauces in "Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree"?

These sauces are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. You can use them as a marinade for meats, a dipping sauce for appetizers, a dressing for salads, or a topping for sandwiches. Get creative and experiment with different ways to use them in your cooking.

5. Can I purchase "Tempted by Sauces: My Impulse Shopping Spree" individually?

Yes, each sauce in this collection is also available for individual purchase. However, purchasing the entire collection allows you to try all five sauces and save money compared to buying them individually.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mary k
Replies