• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your New Year's Tradition?

In summary, New Year's traditions are significant because they represent leaving behind the old and welcoming the new, bringing good luck, prosperity, and unity. Common traditions include making resolutions, watching the ball drop, kissing loved ones, and eating specific foods. People make resolutions to set goals and make positive changes for the upcoming year. New Year's traditions have been around for thousands of years, but have evolved over time. These traditions are celebrated worldwide, with unique customs in different countries and cultures.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I love knowing what different traditions are. So I thought I would start a thread to find out what you all do as a "good luck tradition"

I am from Pennsylvania Dutch Country..so we do Pork and Sauerkraut...mmmmm..I can't wait for this evening.

We actually have no New Year's Day traditions. Well, unless you count The Furry Guy going to an auction. ;)

Blackeyed Peas! It was a task getting ONE in my 3 year old's mouth, but her little brother thought it was fun & ate his. The 3 year old ended up laughing & eating just the one, but I wasn't sure there for a while if she was going to play along with the "good luck" tradition. ;)

Our only New Years Tradition is CLEANING! That's what we're doing right now (we are taking a coffee break and watching some of the Rose Bowl Parade - I guess watching that parade would be another tradition!) We take down all Christmas decorations, move furniture, and get the house back in order after the Holidays!

Watch the Rose Parade, make a pitcher of Mimosas to sip as we take down Christmas decorations, watch football games and prepare a lunch of Blackeyed Peas (for good luck), fried potatoes (German family tradition), Ham, Cornbread, Greens (for wealth in the new year), Kolaches (Czech family tradition), Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache (just cuz we like it!) Watch football games, take a post-lunch walk, go home and watch more football games until our eyes blur or there's no more football!

Major house cleaning on Jan. 2. Back to the j.o.b. on the 3rd - yuck!!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone! Here's to a safe and prosperous year!

1. What is the significance of New Year's traditions?

New Year's traditions often symbolize leaving behind the old and welcoming the new. They can also bring good luck, prosperity, and unity within families and communities.

2. What are some common New Year's traditions?

Some common New Year's traditions include making resolutions, watching the ball drop in Times Square, kissing loved ones at midnight, and eating specific foods like black-eyed peas and grapes for good luck.

3. Why do people make New Year's resolutions?

Making New Year's resolutions is a way for people to set goals and make positive changes for the upcoming year. It gives a sense of a fresh start and a chance to improve oneself.

4. How long have New Year's traditions been around?

New Year's traditions have been around for thousands of years, dating back to ancient civilizations like the Babylonians and the Romans. However, the specific traditions practiced may have evolved over time.

5. Are New Year's traditions celebrated worldwide?

Yes, New Year's traditions are celebrated in many countries and cultures around the world, although the specific traditions may vary. Some countries have unique customs such as burning effigies or throwing dishes for good luck.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • cooking.with.ann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
Replies