• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does 'Getting Bumped' Mean on a Message Board?

In summary, "getting bumped" on a message board means that a new or more recent post has pushed your post further down the page, making it less visible. Posts can get bumped on message boards due to new posts or when the board is organized by most recent activity. It is not possible to prevent your posts from getting bumped, but using keywords or tags can help them stay visible for longer. Getting bumped is not necessarily a bad thing as it can lead to more engagement, but you can keep track of your posts by using the subscribe or watch feature, bookmarking them, or keeping track of the date and time of your post.
janezapchef
Gold Member
This is going to sound soooooo stupid, but what does it mean to get "bumped" on here? I'm not a big message board person (this is the only one for me), so, the lingo is foreign to me. Could someone explain the term though?
Thanks,
Jane :)

Hi, Jane, and welcome. Bumping is what we do to move a thread to the first page of the "New Posts." It's basically a way to make sure it doesn't get missed.

When you reply to a thread, you are moving it up to the top of the page where it won't be missed. Sometimes, people don't have something to add, but they want to remind people of a thread (as in the case of Paige, or a recipe thread....) so they just "bump" it up to the top.

Thanks so much!

1. What does "getting bumped" mean on a message board?

"Getting bumped" on a message board refers to when a new or more recent post pushes your post further down the page, making it less visible to other users.

2. Why do posts get bumped on message boards?

Posts can get bumped on message boards when new posts are made or when the board is organized by most recent activity. This is a common way for message boards to keep the most relevant or recent posts at the top for users to see.

3. Can I prevent my posts from getting bumped on a message board?

No, you cannot prevent your posts from getting bumped on a message board. It is a natural occurrence as new posts are made and the board is organized by most recent activity. However, you can use keywords or tags in your post to help it show up in relevant searches and stay visible for longer.

4. Is getting bumped a bad thing on message boards?

No, getting bumped is not necessarily a bad thing on message boards. It simply means that there is more recent activity on the board and your post may not be as visible. However, it can also lead to more engagement and interaction with your post as it may be seen by more users.

5. How can I keep track of my posts that have been bumped on message boards?

You can keep track of your posts that have been bumped on message boards by using the "subscribe" or "watch" feature, if available. This will notify you of any new activity on your post, even if it has been bumped. You can also bookmark your post or keep track of the date and time you posted it to check for any changes in its position on the board.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bexamo
  • pampcheflisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies