• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Filter Out Chef's Lounge Posts: Finding What Works Best For You

In summary, some people on the board prefer to stick to the topic of discussion, while others post in Chef's Lounge. There is no way to filter posts by topic on the main page.
koima
to not have Chef's Lounge show up on New Posts (along the top, between "groups" and "search")? I'd rather stick to the topic of the board but most of the the new posts seem to be in Chef's Lounge. I'm on another board that has a filter so you can skip certain sections; does that exist here and I'm just not finding it?

Nothing against Chef's Lounge, just wanting to get what works best for me out of the board!

In short - no, there isn't an option for that. Sorry!

From the main page you can just click on the bookings threads or the recruiting threads or whatever you want rather than clicking on New Posts.

This is where the cool kids all hang out and we talk more than anyone else.At least, some of us do.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This is where the cool kids all hang out and we talk more than anyone else.

At least, some of us do.

It's us darn squiggles - we can't keep our mouths shut...or would that be we can't keep our hands quiet?:confused:
:D

squiggle squiggle squiggle....*giggle*OK. I'm in a silly mood tonight. :) Three Stooges Auto Repair is going strong in my driveway. My tummy's full of chicken chili and cupcakes. And I think I'm going to pour myself a bowl of peanut M&Ms.

mmmm cupcakes! wish I had one right now.

One of the visiting stooges brought them with him.

chefann said:
One of the visiting stooges brought them with him.

Would that be the one who is a Weight Watcher?:confused:

And you do realize that you rhymed with the squiggle/giggle post?

ChefBeckyD said:
Would that be the one who is a Weight Watcher?:confused:
Actually, yes. He had his weigh-in today and was a little miffed. "I dieted hard all week, worked out, and gained half a pound. If there hadn't been classy ladies in line for the scale, I would have dropped the f-bomb." So he was being rebellious, and skipped salad with dinner AND ate a cupcake. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
And you do realize that you rhymed with the squiggle/giggle post?

Yep.

Hey - shouldn't this all be in the "lounge" - LOL

HI Jack!!

Cupcakes anyone???

We ARE in the Lounge, Dor!It's sooooo Friday!

Mmmmm, peanut M&Ms. I haven't had those in a long time. I stopped buying them after my last bag was defective. It was mostly Ws.

raebates said:
Mmmmm, peanut M&Ms.

I haven't had those in a long time. I stopped buying them after my last bag was defective. It was mostly Ws.

I didn't know you could eat M&M's standing on your head!

Why would anyone want to skip the Lounge?? Just kidding!

BTW - I like your tag line:)!

chefann said:
squiggle squiggle squiggle....*giggle*OK. I'm in a silly mood tonight. :) Three Stooges Auto Repair is going strong in my driveway. My tummy's full of chicken chili and cupcakes. And I think I'm going to pour myself a bowl of peanut M&Ms.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/PardonMyBackfireTITLE.jpgClick on the Title Card to see the movie - the Stooges operate a garage. Be warned, it's one of two Stooges shorts that was shot in 3D so it's full of those goofy shots that emphasize the 3D.

SUCCESS!
threadjacked.gif

Okay, good to know. I know I can click on each section, but it's nice to be able to just check what's new since I was here last.

I'm on another board where I'm a social bunny and I just don't have the energy with two little kids (I have a 3 year old and 10 week old) to be a social bunny here as well!

I do love me a good cupcake, though! :)

woke up this morning and made a very important decision - I'm making cupcakes today!

raebates said:
Mmmmm, peanut M&Ms.

I haven't had those in a long time. I stopped buying them after my last bag was defective. It was mostly Ws.

The truck made a wrong turn - the W's were all supposed to go to Wisconsin.

ooohhhh... I may have to make a road trip! especailly if your cupcakes look anything like the big cakes you make.

mmmmmmmmmmmm now I can't stop thinking about cupcakes!!!

Thank guys!!!

:p

Side note..... 2 more posts and I get a colored in star!!!!

Woohoo!!!

Off to find a meaningful thread to comment on!

Why? Are you insinuating that this thread isn't of vital importance to this site?

koima said:
Okay, good to know. I know I can click on each section, but it's nice to be able to just check what's new since I was here last.

I'm on another board where I'm a social bunny and I just don't have the energy with two little kids (I have a 3 year old and 10 week old) to be a social bunny here as well!

I do love me a good cupcake, though! :)

It's only a matter of time......(where is the evil smiley rubbing his hands?)

pamperedlinda said:
woke up this morning and made a very important decision - I'm making cupcakes today!

Gheesh - it's about time!

What flavor are they?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Why? Are you insinuating that this thread isn't of vital importance to this site?

My appologies! I would never insinuate such a thing!

:p

BTW.... Realized I have another 249 posts to go. Dang it!

pamperedlinda said:

I know I'm a little late with this since Halloween is over - but I'm going to a costume party tonght and I'm trying to decide whether to try to bake these cookies or not - I saw them on PBS last night!

http://www.holidaytable.net/images/1015.jpg

Those are awesome but do not know If I could eat one!

Are you guys trying to run her of CS? This is the kind of inane stuff she's talking about and I've only read page 2!!

WE answered her question...she's fine with this thread.

:rolleyes:

Chef Kearns said:
Are you guys trying to run her of CS? This is the kind of inane stuff she's talking about and I've only read page 2!!

there are only 2 pages.....so far :p

pamperedlinda said:

So - you didn't answer my question about what kind of cupcakes you are making?

I haven't decided yet. DH is inviting the neighbor over for dinner so I might change it to a cake. DH is making his famous Jambalaya/Gumbo (shrimp, chicken, sausage combo) so I need something that will compliment it. I was thinking maybe a cream cheese pound cake (pound cake is my fave kind of cake). I read a recipe not too long ago on here for some sort of apple cake that sounded delish and I'm not sure I copied it. I may have to search for that one - do you remember it?

pamperedlinda said:
I haven't decided yet. DH is inviting the neighbor over for dinner so I might change it to a cake. DH is making his famous Jambalaya/Gumbo (shrimp, chicken, sausage combo) so I need something that will compliment it. I was thinking maybe a cream cheese pound cake (pound cake is my fave kind of cake). I read a recipe not too long ago on here for some sort of apple cake that sounded delish and I'm not sure I copied it. I may have to search for that one - do you remember it?

I remember something about an apple cake - but have NO IDEA where I read it.
I hang out reading/writing too many inane posts to remember where I read them all!:D:p:D

But - I don't think you can ever go wrong with pound cake! Mmmmmm, a slice of pound cake and a cup of coffee! Yum....

pamperedlinda said:

We're just getting started. It's like an initiation rite.

Besides, you pound nails, you don't pound cake.

Hijacking for a moment. Whenever I say "It was POURING snow" people from cold places laugh at me. If it were raining you'd say "It's pouring rain". So I want to know how I'm supposed to say it. I'm from the desert remember so I just want to know how to say it right so I can finish what I was trying to say without people laughing at me. Any help would be appreciated!

TammyStar said:
Hijacking for a moment. Whenever I say "It was POURING snow" people from cold places laugh at me. If it were raining you'd say "It's pouring rain". So I want to know how I'm supposed to say it. I'm from the desert remember so I just want to know how to say it right so I can finish what I was trying to say without people laughing at me. Any help would be appreciated!

We just say "it looks like a blizzard out there!"....

or, "Wow, that snow is coming down hard"....

or, "It's snowing so hard I can't see a foot in front of me...or I can't see past the end of my nose...or I can't see across the street...or...(just pick an appropriate phrase to end that one....:D:p

Hijacking a hijack of a hijack? Who'd notice?Usually someone around here says, "It's snowing like a ______ out there!" with various words, most of which I can't put on a family site, in the blank area.

ChefBeckyD said:

or, "It's snowing so hard I can't see a foot in front of me...or I can't see past the end of my nose...or I can't see across the street...or...(just pick an appropriate phrase to end that one....:D:p[/QUOTEI

SO I don't understand the above "snow is coming down hard" I could see HAIL coming down hard cuz it might hurt, but don't understand snowing hard.

TammyStar said:
ChefBeckyD said:

or, "It's snowing so hard I can't see a foot in front of me...or I can't see past the end of my nose...or I can't see across the street...or...(just pick an appropriate phrase to end that one....:D:p[/QUOTEI

SO I don't understand the above "snow is coming down hard" I could see HAIL coming down hard cuz it might hurt, but don't understand snowing hard.

You'd understand if you'd ever been in a Michigan snowstorm.;)

There is the pretty gentle snowfall, that looks like a Norman Rockwell print, and then there is a blinding snowstorm, where the snow is coming hard and fast....and swirling in every direction at once.

Decision is made!

I'm making a Cream Cheese Pound Cake and I think I'll bake it in the silicone crown pan.

dinner is DH's Jambalaya and rice with Beer Bread

Recipe for Cream Cheese Pound Cake (from Southern Living magazine)

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.

Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.

Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.

Yield: 1 (10-inch) cake

Related to Filter Out Chef's Lounge Posts: Finding What Works Best For You

1. Can I filter out Chef's Lounge posts on the Pampered Chef board?

Yes, there is a way to filter out Chef's Lounge posts on the Pampered Chef board. You can do this by using the "Ignore Forum" feature.

2. Where can I find the "Ignore Forum" feature?

The "Ignore Forum" feature can be found by clicking on the "Forums" tab at the top of the page. Then, click on the "Ignore Forum" link located in the top right corner of the page. From there, you can select which forums you want to ignore, including Chef's Lounge.

3. Will using the "Ignore Forum" feature completely remove Chef's Lounge posts from my view?

Yes, using the "Ignore Forum" feature will completely remove Chef's Lounge posts from your view. They will not show up on the "New Posts" page or any other page on the board.

4. Can I still access Chef's Lounge posts if I use the "Ignore Forum" feature?

Yes, you can still access Chef's Lounge posts if you use the "Ignore Forum" feature. They will be hidden from your view, but you can still access them by going directly to the Chef's Lounge forum.

5. Is there a way to filter out other sections or topics on the board?

Currently, the "Ignore Forum" feature is the only way to filter out specific sections or topics on the board. However, you can also use the search function to find specific topics or keywords and filter out other posts that do not match your search criteria.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • DebbieJ