• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help....addicted to Message Boards!!

In summary, the speaker admits to being addicted to message boards and spending too much time reading them during work hours. They mention being a lurker and enjoying reading others' opinions. They also bring up the concern of getting caught by their employer and potentially losing their job. They speculate that their dislike for their job may be a factor in their addiction. Others in the conversation can relate to this struggle.
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Okay, so I do realize that this message board really and truly helps my business, but I find that I am addicted to message boards!! I also have a FT time and I spend so much time during the day reading this board and several others. Ones about TV shows I watch, bands I like, etc. I can't stop myself. I'm usually a lurker, I don't post much, but I love reading them and seeing what everyone's opinion is on various subjects. While I have gotten SO MUCH out of this board (and I'd never give it up, so don't make me!!), I really have to get out of the habit of wasting HOURS at work reading them. Anyone else have this problem??

You better be careful doing that at work - Big Brother is always watching and I'd hate for you to lose your job.

Heck YA!!!

I am at my FT job also. But I bring my personal laptop to work and do other things to keep myself busy. I first make sure that all of my other work is done before I lurk around on the internet.

I think maybe your asking the wrong people for help:eek: We're all addicts.;)

I think one of my problems is I hate my job and my boss, so maybe subconsciously I'm looking for reasons to not work here any more.....but that's a whole other subject!!!

everyone here does "extracurricular computer activity", so they'd have to fire the whole company, it's a small family owned company.

My problem is really not with this board, b/c I can legitimize the information I receive here, it's ones about TV shows and music, etc. that have me thinking I have serious issues!!!

pampcheflisa said:
I think one of my problems is I hate my job and my boss, so maybe subconsciously I'm looking for reasons to not work here any more.....but that's a whole other subject!!!

everyone here does "extracurricular computer activity", so they'd have to fire the whole company, it's a small family owned company.

Wow I had to read that twice because I thought that maybe I subconsciously posted this myself. I am in the SAME EXACT situation!!!:D

honey, you are preachin' to the choir!

What is the best way to manage my time on message boards?

The best way to manage your time on message boards is to set a specific amount of time each day for browsing and participating. Additionally, prioritize the boards or topics that are most important to you and limit your time on others.

How can I break my addiction to message boards?

Breaking an addiction to message boards can be difficult, but setting boundaries and limits for yourself is key. Consider setting a specific time of day for browsing and participating, and find alternative activities to occupy your time.

What should I do if I find myself constantly checking for new messages on a specific board?

If you find yourself constantly checking for new messages on a specific board, it may be helpful to take a break from that board for a few days. This will allow you to break the habit and focus on other activities.

Are there any benefits to participating in message boards?

Participating in message boards can have many benefits, including connecting with like-minded individuals, gaining valuable information and advice, and building a sense of community. However, it is important to maintain a healthy balance and not let it consume too much of your time.

What are some tips for staying productive while browsing message boards?

To stay productive while browsing message boards, it may be helpful to set specific goals for each session and limit your time on each board. Additionally, make sure to take breaks and engage in other activities to prevent burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bexamo
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD