• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

True Confession - I'm Addicted to Costco.

In summary, I love that Costco has so many organic and natural choices for groceries, and the prices are unbeatable. I also love their selection of cheese and their prices for meats and other groceries.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Hi, my name is Becky, and I am addicted to Costco.Man, I love that place! DS and I went there today - I do a lot of my grocery shopping there, along with office supplies, cleaning supplies, paper products....I LOVE that they have so many organic and natural choices for groceries - since we live in an area not blessed by a Whole Foods, TJ's, etc...Today I found (because it was being demoed) Greek Yogurt with Fruit! Wahoooo! It's so expensive in the grocery store or health food store, and I can only get plain....now I have it right at Costco. (for a little more than half the price!) Also picked up a whole rainbow of beautiful fruits and veggies, and all natural bacon, and chicken... and 4200 address labels for only $26! Some really great hummus (to have with my beautiful veggies!) and Boca Burgers for DH for his lunches.I got almost everything on my grocery list (still have to make a small trip to the Grocery Store, though) and under budget, too!Oh, and FYI - my Dr. told me that Costco is almost always the cheapest for prescriptions!:thumbup:

LOL Becky D....Costco needs to give you a bigger discount as you did them proud in this post.;)

I will have to tell you that addiction is a long and difficult road, but admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. He He

I go to Sam's and can get lost there too....because of the drive time, I only get periodic fixes. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL Becky D....Costco needs to give you a bigger discount as you did them proud in this post.;)

I will have to tell you that addiction is a long and difficult road, but admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. He He

I go to Sam's and can get lost there too....because of the drive time, I only get periodic fixes. :D

Used to go to Sam's - but now Costco is closer, and I've discovered I love it even more!

Oh - I forgot to mention the 10 lb. bag of Organic Sugar that I got for $7! :D

Also - I can get a very LARGE jar of Sun-dried tomatoes for PC recipes for around $8....it's a fraction of the cost of buying them in the grocery store, and Brie cheese is much cheaper at Costco, plus they have the most impressive cheese selection - much much better than Meijers!

Ummm, okay....I guess I am just proving that I'm addicted. But, you know, I can quit any time I want. Really, I can....:p

I had a BAG of sun-dried tomatoes from Costco, the selling season I demoed Creamy One Pot Pasta a lot. It was so much cheaper than the grocery store, and because they were dry packed, it was less messy at the shows. My latest realization about the items there pertained to a jar of pickles. DH Loves bread and butter pickles (although he always mistakenly calls them sweet pickles). I would buy them at the grocery store when they were on sale and I had a coupon. They'd usually work out to $2 a jar, sometimes a little less. Costco carries a HUGE jar of Vlasic brand B&B pickles for $2.50. The worst part is how much room it takes up in the fridge. And the saute tongs are perfect for getting them out of the jar- right down to the bottom (DH calls them the pickle tongs).

chefann said:
I had a BAG of sun-dried tomatoes from Costco, the selling season I demoed Creamy One Pot Pasta a lot. It was so much cheaper than the grocery store, and because they were dry packed, it was less messy at the shows.

My latest realization about the items there pertained to a jar of pickles. DH Loves bread and butter pickles (although he always mistakenly calls them sweet pickles). I would buy them at the grocery store when they were on sale and I had a coupon. They'd usually work out to $2 a jar, sometimes a little less. Costco carries a HUGE jar of Vlasic brand B&B pickles for $2.50. The worst part is how much room it takes up in the fridge. And the saute tongs are perfect for getting them out of the jar- right down to the bottom (DH calls them the pickle tongs).

Hey, My DH calls them sweet pickles too!

I'll have to look for them next time I'm there, because Vlasic are his favorite pickles, and they are so expensive (unless on sale, and with a coupon!)

Shredded cheese also - (yes, I buy shredded cheese!:eek:) at Costco, you can get a 5 lb bag for less than $10. I divide it into 10 quart freezer bags (also bought at Costco!:D) and I have 10 bags of cheese for about .95 each, and in the grocery store, even on sale, it would usually be double that! I keep them in the freezer and just pull them out when I need them!

Becky,

Where is your Costco located? We don't have one here, but you don't live that far away and it sounds like it might be worth the trip.

chefjeanine said:
Becky,

Where is your Costco located? We don't have one here, but you don't live that far away and it sounds like it might be worth the trip.

There are actually 2 in this area.

One is on the East side of GR, close to I-96 on 28th Street

The one I go to is in Grandville/Wyoming - on Wilson, right across the street from Rivertown Crossings Mall.

Let me know when you want to come - I'll go with you and you can be my guest! (I think you can use my card one time, or something like that)

I'm not longer addicted to Costco.

Now that I'm married and relocated to North Dakota, I don't have one within 350 miles. When I get back home and see family, we stop and load up about once a year in the fall. It's all too funny...when we pack for a trip there, we COMPLETELY empty out my Excursion and pack lightly 'cause we know were 'going to Costco'. Getting all our Costco loot in there is like a jigsaw puzzle sometimes, but we do it.:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
There are actually 2 in this area.

The one I go to is in Grandville/Wyoming - on Wilson, right across the street from Rivertown Crossings Mall.

Let me know when you want to come - I'll go with you and you can be my guest! (I think you can use my card one time, or something like that)

I like the Crossings Mall, and this one would be closest. I'll keep your "guest" offer in mind. Of course, we'll both have to wear green. :rolleyes:

I also LOVE Costco. We're on a very tight budget for groceries, so I've been really good about not picking up stuff I don't need, but for the stuff I do need, it's great!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh, and FYI - my Dr. told me that Costco is almost always the cheapest for prescriptions!:thumbup:

If I understand right, per FDA rules, you can purchase your prescriptions at Costco even if you don't have a membership.

Costco isn't really a viable option for me. Sam's Club is bad enough. I'm fine if I go there by myself. The Furry Guy ruins my budget when we go together. The only problem is they've changed the brand of olives they carry. The new ones just aren't as good. The Furry Guy has called. He's filled out a form. He asks each time I go if I told them we want the old olives back. He's a little obsessed.

chefjeanine said:
I like the Crossings Mall, and this one would be closest. I'll keep your "guest" offer in mind. Of course, we'll both have to wear green. :rolleyes:

Of course...but that shouldn't be too difficult - since a large portion of my wardrobe is shades of green. :D

NooraK said:
I also LOVE Costco. We're on a very tight budget for groceries, so I've been really good about not picking up stuff I don't need, but for the stuff I do need, it's great!

If I understand right, per FDA rules, you can purchase your prescriptions at Costco even if you don't have a membership.

Yep, prescription meds and booze. Now, there's a combo!

lauradahl said:
I'm not longer addicted to Costco.

Now that I'm married and relocated to North Dakota, I don't have one within 350 miles. When I get back home and see family, we stop and load up about once a year in the fall. It's all too funny...when we pack for a trip there, we COMPLETELY empty out my Excursion and pack lightly 'cause we know were 'going to Costco'. Getting all our Costco loot in there is like a jigsaw puzzle sometimes, but we do it.:eek:

So really, when you go back home, is it because you are going to Costco, and you happen to visit family while there, or is it to visit family, and you go to Costco while there? :D:p:D

we go to both every other week love them both

At my Costco I can get 100 pack of stamps for like $42 and I'm good for awhile, and we can get movie tickets there also 2 amc tickets for $15, that makes my hubby happy.

I also do not know if you have the Costco AmEx card. We have the executive card which normally gives you a 3% rebate on some items. Then you get the Costco rebate so you get two different rebates.

I also just found out that Costco will let you put PC as a business on your AmEx card which will increase your refund to 4%!

1. What is your favorite item to purchase at Costco?

As an employee of Pampered Chef, I cannot endorse any specific products. However, I can say that Costco offers a wide variety of high-quality items at great prices, so it's hard to choose just one favorite!

2. How often do you find yourself shopping at Costco?

Personally, I try to limit my trips to Costco to once a month. However, with its convenient location and great deals, it can be tempting to go more often!

3. Do you have any tips for navigating the large store and finding the best deals?

Absolutely! I suggest making a list beforehand and sticking to it to avoid overspending. Also, take advantage of the samples and keep an eye out for the yellow price tags, which indicate discounted items.

4. Have you tried any of Costco's Kirkland brand products?

Yes, I have tried several Kirkland brand products and have been pleasantly surprised by their quality and value. From food items to household essentials, Kirkland products are a great option at Costco.

5. What makes you addicted to Costco?

Personally, I am addicted to Costco because of its unbeatable prices, variety of products, and convenient location. It's a one-stop shop for all of my household needs and I always leave feeling like I got a great deal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • janetupnorth