• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top iPad Recommendations for Verizon Users | iPad 3 vs. iPad 2 on eBay

probably wouldn't cut it. I'm thinking about getting a new one in the next few months though and I'm definitely considering the iPhone.I currently have an older iTouch....love it (it has tons of space, I got it free in a contest). But just a note, if you were considering a smartphone plan, the iPhone and iTouch...probably wouldn't cut it. I'm thinking about getting a new one in the next few months though and I'm definitely considering the iPhone.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
OK, so now that the iPad 3 is out, I'm still thinking about looking into an iPad2. Since I'm absolutely clueless (even after reading the discussion boards) what would you recommend. I'm thinking about getting one off of eBay. I have found a couple that have auctions ending rather soon, but I'm noticing the carrier as being AT&T. Will this make a difference if I have Verizon for my phone? Yeah, you see, I'm clueless! But I'd hate to bid on and possibly win if I can't use it!

YES unless you wanna have a separate and completely different carrier just for your ipad, which would in my eyes be sill when you might be able to get a bundle deal with your verizon account. I would make sure you had someone around you help you in directing you in the right direction, NOT NECESSARILY VERIZON, lol, but maybe a close friend who is tech savy or someone like that. :D Hope you have luck in your adventures.

Personally, I don't buy stuff like that on Ebay. Too risky IMHO.
But, you also do NOT need to get one attached to a cellular plan! You can get just the WiFi and be perfectly fine- assuming you have wireless internet at home anyway. The app will work offline supposedly, so you wouldn't need it at your host's. Now, if you want internet all the time, then yes- a cellular plan is the way to explore.....with the company of choice. Me personally- I'm on Verizon for my cell phone. I get much better coverage than my DH who is on AT&T (through work). But if you have Verizon- i'd stay with Verizon.you might be able to get a deal at the local cell phone stores trying to get rid of their ipad 2 inventory now too.

it really doesn't matter which carrier you have on the iPad. We have Verizon phones and Verizon on our iPads but the billing for data is totally separate for both. Our iPads were purchased at the Apple store and are set up with payment going through our Apple account for the data.

If you buy it at the Verizon (or AT&T) store they might have some kind of package deal that would save you some money but I am not aware of it.

What we like is we have it set up so we decide if we want data or not any given month. Most of our use is WIFI (home or businesses, hotels) so most of the time we don't need it. I will probably get it all the time once the new web goes up with PC so that I can get online at shows and I will be deducting that fee. We have found that buying the very smallest amount of data has been more than enough - I always have left over data at the end of the billing period. The other option we are looking at is when I get my iPhone I will see about making it a hub and then I won't need to buy data for the iPad at all (and would have spent too much for this thing). Talk to Apple, talk to Verizon, talk to AT&T. Check out the PC discounts. Learn all your options before you commit to anything.

Be careful with using your phone as a hub- the whole data-limit issue and all (plus you really want to have it plugged in to use it as a hub- because it sucks the battery down!)

esavvymom said:
Be careful with using your phone as a hub- the whole data-limit issue and all (plus you really want to have it plugged in to use it as a hub- because it sucks the battery down!)

Thanks for that advice. Certainly worth looking into before committing to a plan.

While you're at it, can you make recommendations on an I-pod touch? I am aiming for this now since the price dip is not as big as I thought. I want to use it for wi-fi only, no separate data plan. I plan to use it primarily for music, but also the business app. I have no smart phone.

Intrepid_Chef said:
While you're at it, can you make recommendations on an I-pod touch? I am aiming for this now since the price dip is not as big as I thought. I want to use it for wi-fi only, no separate data plan. I plan to use it primarily for music, but also the business app. I have no smart phone.
I have an older iTouch....love it (it has tons of space, I got it free in a contest). But just a note, if you were considering a smartphone plan, the iPhone and iTouch are the same thing- except one has phone features too. So if you were at all thinking it, I would go with an iPhone personally, instead of the Touch.Not sure there is really alot to suggest with the Touch- since it's just a matter of how much space you can afford to buy. The more space you have, the more stuff you can get on it. If you can swing a 16 Gb, I would, but you could live with 8. :) I would have to plug mine in to see how much stuff I have on my touch. it is a 32gb I believe....and I know I don't use nearly half of it, but more than 8Gb worth. And I have TONS of Audio files- teleseminars, CD Series, PC Training courses from several conferences, and more. Plus LOTS of albums, and Apps! I'll update my usage later to maybe help.

I am not thinking about a smart phone. I have a "dumb phone" and love, love, LOVE it! I'm not interested in watching movies on it or checking e-mail ... my phone is good for that when I'm out of town and there's no other way to get online and gotta use my laptop for something, right? I have WiFi in my house. I just want something to hold music and submit shows under the new app. My current phone has 100 mb of space and I've filled 76 percent of that with photo and video. I spent tonight deleting dozens of old photos I no longer want and now I have a digital cam I use to take most of them.

Ok. I plugged my iTouch in. I have 13 GB of audio, 1.52 Gb of Apps, 0.44GB "Other" (not sure what that is...). But I know that my audio is HUGE! More than 1200 songs or audio training seminars. (400 or so are training seminars, or CD series (individual tracks counted too).All that to say- depending on what you are putting on it, yes- 8Gb probably would work, if you only have 100mb now. :) Apps usually don't take up much space, especially ones that will talk to another server (like our PC app will).Enjoy!

I just recently got an iPhone, but now I'm wondering how many GB the PC app is going to take! I'm also wondering if I can be on my phone and take someone's order. Guess I should email HO and get an infamous canned answer response?

Brenda.the.chef said:
I just recently got an iPhone, but now I'm wondering how many GB the PC app is going to take! I'm also wondering if I can be on my phone and take someone's order. Guess I should email HO and get an infamous canned answer response?
It seems there is no answer yet for us on that question (believe me, I've asked. Multiple times!)I'm sticking with my phone for now, and will make a decision on upgrading to an iPad/tablet once things are finalized a bit more.

Brenda.the.chef said:

Now i'm only specualting here, but I would assume that it would work like any other app... when you put a call on speaker you can do almost anything from the screen... I text and send emails while I'm on the phone... usually I only do that with my exhusband... I would think that the app could be run while talking on speaker, or blue tooth.

Besides... how much sense would a phone app make if you can't use it while on the phone with a customer... "oh wait, I have to write all that down, and then put it in my phone after we hang up." That would just defeat the purpose of the app all together and all our waiting impatiently would be for not.

Last edited:

Related to Top iPad Recommendations for Verizon Users | iPad 3 vs. iPad 2 on eBay

1. What is the best iPad model for cooking and recipe use?

The best iPad model for cooking and recipe use would be the iPad Pro. It has a larger screen size and more advanced features such as multi-tasking and the ability to use the Apple Pencil for note-taking and recipe annotation.

2. Can I use an iPad for video calls while cooking?

Yes, you can use an iPad for video calls while cooking. The front-facing camera allows for easy video chatting while you are in the kitchen. You can also use a stand or holder to keep your iPad stable while you cook.

3. Is there a specific iPad app for Pampered Chef products and recipes?

Yes, there is a specific Pampered Chef app available for download on the App Store. The app features all of our products and recipes, as well as cooking tips and techniques.

4. Can I use an iPad to access my Pampered Chef consultant account?

Yes, you can use an iPad to access your Pampered Chef consultant account. Our website is mobile-friendly, allowing you to easily manage your account and orders on your iPad.

5. Are there any special accessories I should purchase with my iPad for cooking?

There are a few accessories that are helpful for cooking with an iPad, such as a stand or holder to keep it at eye level, a stylus for easier navigation, and a screen protector to protect against spills and splatters. These can all be purchased separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kitchenqueen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Back