• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Bumping: Explained for Newbies

In summary, "Bumping" in Pampered Chef refers to using a "bump pan" and "bump tool" to create a raised edge on baked goods for both practical and decorative purposes. These tools can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. While it is mainly used for pies and tarts, it can also be used for other baked goods, but may not work as well for thinner or denser crusts. It is not necessary for all recipes, as there are other techniques for achieving a decorative crust.
tlennhoff
A few people have been asking why people are bumping threads. Here is an explanation that I hope can help newbies to get it.

Bumping can be confusing. On the menu there is an option "new posts" that shows all the threads that have had activity since you last visited the site. Many people use that as their entire way of navigating the site, they don't go to the home page or even the main board pages but only click on "new posts". The new posts is a search engine for the site. It shows the most recent posts in descending order and frequently has pages and pages of new posts. By bumping a thread it will become one of the 1st threads someone would see when they click on "new posts".

One way to see how this works is to click on "new posts" to see what is there. Then select a thread partway down the screen, click on it, comment on it, and then click on new posts and you'll see the thread is now in the top position.

HTH (hope that helps)

Bump......................

tee hee.......

Seriously, thanks Tasha!! Lots of new consultants trying to figure everything out hopefully will find this thread!

thank you!!!!!!

Does this make anyone else think of the old "dance," The Bump?

Man, I'm old.

What is "Bumping" in Pampered Chef?

"Bumping" in Pampered Chef refers to the practice of using a wooden tool called a "bump pan" to create a raised edge on baked goods such as pies and tarts. This technique helps to prevent the filling from spilling over the edge and also creates a decorative crust.

What tools do I need to "Bump" my baked goods?

To "Bump" your baked goods, you will need a "bump pan" and a wooden tool called a "bump tool." These tools are specifically designed for this technique and can be found on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

How do I use a "Bump Pan"?

To use a "bump pan," simply place your rolled-out pastry dough over the pan and gently press it into the grooves with your fingers. Then, use the "bump tool" to create the raised edge by pressing it against the dough and the side of the pan.

Can I "Bump" any type of baked good?

While "Bumping" is typically used for pies and tarts, it can also be used for other baked goods such as quiches or savory tarts. However, keep in mind that the technique may not work as well for thinner or denser crusts.

Is "Bumping" necessary for all recipes?

No, "Bumping" is not necessary for all recipes. It is mainly used for recipes that call for a top and bottom crust, such as pies and tarts. You can still achieve a decorative crust without "Bumping" by using other techniques such as fluting the edges or using a lattice top for your pie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • The_Kitchen_Guy