• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do I Have to Have for Fall?

In summary, the must-haves for a new F/W product are the Ridged Baker, Chip Maker, and Simple Slicer.
NooraK
Gold Member
Of all the great new F/W products, what would you say is an absolute must-have at shows? I did not earn SAT, and have a very limited budget, and want the most bang for my buck. I will also be hosting a Last Chance, First Glance event, and submitting it as myself as host, so hopefully I'll earn some Free Products.

I'm also trying to figure this out. If I go the frugal route, I plan to buy the Simple Slicer, Microwave Chip Maker, Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl set, and the Bamboo Tool Turn About. (I already earned the ridged baker...if I hadn't then this would definitely be on my list.) Then I'll buy some consumables on my supply order or hope to get them and other things like you mentioned, as the host of a show.But, I do have some PC money saved up and can buy one of the packages, so I'm debating if I should or not. I really want the Oil & Vinegar bottles but they are expensive. That package is expensive and has the DCB. I am tempted, because I don't really plan to drag a sample piece of stoneware to my shows because I take too much as it is, even when just bringing what I need for the recipe and specials. But using the DCB in taupe at the cooking shows would be a great compromise. But do I really need to own a 3rd DCB, and in a color that's for just one season? And what if I decide to do recipes that show the ridged baker instead, then I bought that DCB for nothing really. ;)I'm curious to hear what everyone else is doing, too.

I am in the same situation. I want certain pieces but don't have the money to buy pkg A.

I didn't earn any either. For now I just ordered the chip maker, square stoneware (wanted a square one anyway even though I don't love the color can't beat the price), and the simple slicer (mostly used my UM for slicing anyway). There are other things I want, but I have to pace myself. Hosting a show is a great idea!

I split Package A with two other consultants. Can you do the same?

I bought for around $80 the bamboo turn about, ridged baker, simple slicer, bamboo bowls and the veggie slicer. If I had to narrow that down more I would have excluded the bamboo items and just stuck with the other three.

OK, so far it seems that the front runners are:

• The Ridged Baker
  • The Simple Slicer
  • The Chip Maker

All three are available as Open Stock on the Sample Order, and at the discounted price the total would be $42.50 + tax + $4.50 shipping.

I earned the ridged baker and don't consider it essential, at all. I'm not carrying that thing around to shows and I can't see doing a show based around a $29 item. The grill pan is my favorite.

Some seasons I have not had money to buy any new product, and it hasn't hurt my sales at all. There is always someone who wants something I haven't brought to a show, and buys it anyway.

I think the microwave chip maker will be a hot seller, so I'll probably get that.
About sharing a package, I have done that before. Since I ordered it, I got first pick on products and we split the shipping in half, and tax according to dollar amount.

ShellBeach said:
I earned the ridged baker and don't consider it essential, at all. I'm not carrying that thing around to shows and I can't see doing a show based around a $29 item. The grill pan is my favorite.

Some seasons I have not had money to buy any new product, and it hasn't hurt my sales at all. There is always someone who wants something I haven't brought to a show, and buys it anyway.

I think the microwave chip maker will be a hot seller, so I'll probably get that.
About sharing a package, I have done that before. Since I ordered it, I got first pick on products and we split the shipping in half, and tax according to dollar amount.

:thumbup: Agreed. Not a favorite of mine. I don't see it as being a really versatile product yet. Maybe as folks figure out more things, but to just use it for a couple of things?? not when I have lots of other great products (higher dollar) that DO SO much more.

I've mentioned it before, and not sure what your budget is, but I m getting package E, then the Microwave Chip maker **, Simple Slicer **. I felt these ** were essentials, and I liked package E because it has some of the glass containers, plus the prep bowls and the vinegar/oil bottles (which I wanted for me). I can use the stones as giveaways or gifts later.

I am also getting the veggie slicer and Bamboo TTA, plus the bamboo bowls, but I don't think those are essential....just wanted them.

The only thing I don't get that I want is the Oven Mitt and maybe the Thermometer. But I'll get those later through other means.

As a reminder (mostly to me) here is what is open stock:
Open stock items are:
Ridged baker
Bamboo fiber bowl set
Simple Slicer
Mini baker, Deep Dish Pie Plate, Square Baker, Rectangle Baker, DCB (all in taupe)
Microwave chip maker
Veggie slicer
Bamboo tool turn about
Small bamboo knife set
Cranberry Orange sauce
Pizza crust with rosemary for $4
I, too, want the Simple Slicer, Micro Chip maker, veggie slicer and MAYBE the ridged baker. And oh yeah, the pizza crust. I REALLY want the small knife block (mostly as a gift option) but I can get it through other means.

esavvymom said:
:thumbup: Agreed. Not a favorite of mine. I don't see it as being a really versatile product yet. Maybe as folks figure out more things, but to just use it for a couple of things?? not when I have lots of other great products (higher dollar) that DO SO much more.

I've mentioned it before, and not sure what your budget is, but I m getting package E, then the Microwave Chip maker **, Simple Slicer **. I felt these ** were essentials, and I liked package E because it has some of the glass containers, plus the prep bowls and the vinegar/oil bottles (which I wanted for me). I can use the stones as giveaways or gifts later.

I am also getting the veggie slicer and Bamboo TTA, plus the bamboo bowls, but I don't think those are essential....just wanted them.

The only thing I don't get that I want is the Oven Mitt and maybe the Thermometer. But I'll get those later through other means.

Ditto! My only hangup is paying for those 2 stones in that package, but I don't own the square baker yet and could theoretically use the DCB at shows to have a sample of the glaze for people to see. I keep debating on getting that package or just being frugal and slowly acquire the O&V bottles and other things I want. But then again, it'll be good to have a sample of the glass storage containers, too. Ugh!!! Why did they have to include the stoneware in these sets!!!!

I LOVE the square baker and may get one for someone as a gift (I've outfitted my sister and niece with most of our stones) but I can get them 60 percent off with a show in October. No time in September for my own show, so I plan to host an Aug. 20 show where the catalog for September will be on display. I would like to have the glass containers, though.

ShellBeach said:

I know what you mean, but I do have to point out that David Meenan does all his shows around a $34 item (the Large Bar Pan).

esavvymom said:

Unfortunately I think that package is out of my budget, at least right now. The only package I could even consider, price-wise, is B, and I don't want 3 out of the 4 items in there, so it's not worth spending money on.

I've been really bad and haven't looked at the product info enough, granted I was OOC on vacation. Is the Simple Slicer that different from the UM that I would/should have it available for my customers to see/compare? Do you see the Chip Maker to be an item you would use at shows consistently, or would it be something fun to have that will sell itself without being demoed?

We do have a beautiful catalog, and I know I don't need to have any of the items, but sometimes it's easier if people can see a product in person.

Oh, the ridged baker could be put in a toaster oven. DH has recently started making bacon in the bar pan, but especially with the heat we have, it's not ideal to have to heat the entire oven for just his serving of bacon...

NooraK said:
I know what you mean, but I do have to point out that David Meenan does all his shows around a $34 item (the Large Bar Pan).

Unfortunately I think that package is out of my budget, at least right now. The only package I could even consider, price-wise, is B, and I don't want 3 out of the 4 items in there, so it's not worth spending money on.

I've been really bad and haven't looked at the product info enough, granted I was OOC on vacation. Is the Simple Slicer that different from the UM that I would/should have it available for my customers to see/compare? Do you see the Chip Maker to be an item you would use at shows consistently, or would it be something fun to have that will sell itself without being demoed?

We do have a beautiful catalog, and I know I don't need to have any of the items, but sometimes it's easier if people can see a product in person.

Okay - I used my simple slicer and chip maker for the first time today...and now I would definitely say they are "must haves"! The simple slicer is FABULOUS! It does thinner more even slices than the UM ever has for me, and you don't get that funky end piece that gets stuck. All of it slices. ALL of it! Plus, I think for most people it's less intimidating. I would say the UM is the product that I hear the most of this phrase from "I bought one of those years ago, and I've never used it..." The simple slicer is just that - simple to use, and if you pair it with the chip maker - people are going to love it! I made GREAT crunchy apple chips today - so easy! I didn't do anything to them except core them and then slice them (left the skin on) and fed them to my DS. This afternoon, he asked me for more! The best part is that they were mediocre apples to begin with (it's the end of the year, and all apples are from cold storage from last Fall at this point.) They were MUCH better made into chips -the sweetness was greatly intensified, and they were so crunchy and good. (I think I said that though, didn't I? :eek:) I'm a believer - and I can't wait to show these two pieces off to my guests at my Fall Preview Show tomorrow night!

I definitely consider the Simple Slicer and Microwave Chip Maker to be essentials. Got mine this weekend and made chips last night. Great! Talked about it on fb and took chips to my temp job today. Already have orders lined up.

Thank you ladies for your suggestions! Now, I wonder if I'll get them by Thursday if I order them tonight?I ended up getting the Simple Slicer and the Chip Maker. I'll get the small ridged baker with FPV if I get enough sales.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am planning to switch from using the DCB at most shows to using the bar pan or the ridged baker as well. Here is my rationale: They are at a price point that most people can buy them right then and there. I have been using the baker almost religiously, and people love it but consistently say "but it's too expensive." Sometimes people book for it, but usually the people who book will book regardless of whether they want a DCB. I'm not finding that it is as huge of a booking tool as I thought. People have, at times, seemed turned off watching my recipe when they know that it centers around an $85 item. Now don't get me wrong.. I believe in it and know that it is amazing and pays for itself.. but let's face it, some people can't be convinced and quite frankly can't go home and tell hubby they bought an $85 item. I'm tiring a bit of feeling like I have to justify how great it is for the price. I need a change, and I'm pretty excited about the ridged baker and will certainly talk about the DCB as a piggyback onto my presentation of the ridged baker. And good point about David Meenan.. I had my first show as a host with him and he sold bar pans to almost everyone in the room. I had a $1400+ show. While I want to focus on bookings by highlighting pricier items like the DCB or grill pan, I think that I am going to focus on boosting sales by presenting more items that are at a lower price point. I expect that I will be able to sell 4 or 5 bar pans or ridged bakers per show vs. the 1 DCB I might have sold in the past. Just a thought.. I will report back and let you all know! :)

NooraK said:
I know what you mean, but I do have to point out that David Meenan does all his shows around a $34 item (the Large Bar Pan).....

Good point! The large pan is a much more versatile piece, though. Which is probably pointed out during the demos. I always take my small bar pan to show, since it's the most lightweight piece of stoneware.

msmileyface; said:
...some people can't be convinced and quite frankly can't go home and tell hubby they bought an $85 item....
I had trouble selling it when it was $65 for hte same reason.
I only did one show with the DCB. It's way too heavy to carry around and I'm afraid I'll break the lid. I'll definitely trot it out if I have an open house, though.

Ok, I have to pipe in here. I live in New Mexico where it is HOT. NO one wants to turn on their ovens. In the past 18 months, I have sold 374 Deep Covered Bakers...I call them the Miracle Pot. I tell them I am on a mission...they are either buying one, hosting a show to get one, or becoming a consultant. I sell the blibbers out of them. I do mention the large bar pan as my other must have stoneware piece cuz I make homemade pizza, roast veggies, and can make cookies on it. If I had DCB earrings, I would wear them! I am getting my photo done with my Miracle Pot for my business cards. I use it every day. My job is to show folks that they need it. I tell them...they will be in their kitchen frantically trying to get dinner together and 'subconciously' they will be hearing 'i need a miracle pot...i need a miracle pot'. You know...they contact me after the show to add one to their order. I'll stick with my baker. it is my REVOLUTION!

ChefCKHall said:
....If I had DCB earrings, I would wear them! I am getting my photo done with my Miracle Pot for my business cards. I use it every day. ...

I'll stick with my baker. it is my REVOLUTION!

Too funny about the earrings comment!
I know EXACTLY what you mean about the DCB being your revolution...the grill pan is that piece for me.
Except I don't want earrings of it :cool:

ChefCKHall.. wow, WAY TO GO! That is so awesome. I would love it if you could share some of the details of your shows.. what recipe you use in the DCB, how you get people in love with it, etc. I just haven't had enough success with it.. but I truly believe in it! Help us out :)

Yes, please help us newbies with some tips on how to sell the DCB. I'm in Arizona and no one here wants to turn on their ovens, either!

What Do I Have to Have for Fall?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often hear these top five questions about must-have products for the fall season:

1. Do I need a slow cooker for fall recipes?

While a slow cooker can be useful for making hearty fall soups and stews, it is not a necessity. Many of our products, such as the Quick Cooker or Deep Covered Baker, can also be used to make delicious fall dishes. Plus, our stoneware and cookware are designed to retain heat and cook food evenly, making them perfect for slow cooking on the stovetop or in the oven.

2. Should I invest in a spiralizer to make fall-themed dishes?

A spiralizer can be a fun and useful tool for creating veggie noodles or garnishes for fall dishes. However, it is not a must-have. Our Veggie Strip Maker and Crinkle Cutter can also help you achieve similar results without the need for a separate gadget.

3. Is a pastry blender necessary for making fall pies and pastries?

While a pastry blender can make the process of cutting butter into flour easier, it is not essential. Our Mix 'N Chop and Pastry Cutter can also help you achieve the same results. Plus, our pie and tart molds are designed to make baking pies and pastries a breeze.

4. Do I need a canning set for preserving fall produce?

Canning sets can be helpful for preserving fall fruits and vegetables, but they are not required. Our Quick Slice and Veggie Wedger can help you quickly prep produce for canning, and our Food Chopper can make the process even easier.

5. Should I purchase a pumpkin-shaped baking pan for fall treats?

While a pumpkin-shaped pan can be cute for fall-themed desserts, it is not a must-have. Our Mini Fluted Pan and Brownie Pan can also be used to make fun and festive treats for the season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pampered2007
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cewcooks