• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Favorite Top 3 Dcb Main Dish Recipes?

In summary, the author's family likes to make the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, the BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, the Molten Choc Lava Cake, the Grilled Pork Tenderloin, and the BBQ Ribs. The author would like to cook with it more, but does not know where to start. She would like recipes for oven and microwave cooking. The author would like to double or make more of the recipes. The author's family does not go hungry and does notsniff for a snack an
kcjodih
Gold Member
for your family meals, not demos. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've only used this for the Baked Potato Chowder at a meeting at my house and regularly for Chicken Fajitas. I'd really like to start using it more for everyday meals for the family but have no idea where to start. I'd like yummy recipes but don't want to start with every DCB recipe in the cards and in our files since some are good and some end up not so good and need altering, not to mention the expense!

So what are YOUR three favorite DCB recipes, oven or microwave, for dinner for your family? I'd love to go shopping tomorrow night and start cooking with it Wednesday :) Oh, forgot to mention this needs to feed 4 - DH, myself, 15 DD and 12 DS (who's a big eater :) )

Last edited:
30 Minute Chicken (do it at least once a week)
Mexican Chicken Lasagna *use FRESH cilantro, not dried- definitely makes a diff.*
Potato ChowderBut there are so many that I make, it's hard to pick any top-3...but those are the ones we make the most. We've recently discovered the BBQ Chicken Sandwiches...yum.

I love the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, and the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. For dessert the Molten Choc Lava Cake!!!

If you don't necessarily mean PC recipes...I love to make roasts in it! They come out soooo yummy. I usually put a beef roast and a pork roast in together, add some water and onion soup mix and bake it at 350 for a couple hours. Voila! Super easy and yummy. I also like to make BBQ Ribs in it.

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco,Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, baby reds (I use the Ultimate Mandoline and slice them in thin slices, melt butter and add pressed garlic, pour over potatoes, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, microwave about 10 minutes: Yum!!

Thanks to all that have replied so far. I've started a list and will make my grocery list from this dinner idea list tomorrow, shop tomorrow night and start cooking Wednesday. I'm just SOOO tired of cooking ,expensive, prepared processed junk because it's easy and quick when we're working and heading here, there and everywhere with the kids. EXACTLY why we promote the DCB!! Just took me long enough to figure it out for our house too~duh~ LOL!! :)

the loaded potato chowder, the meatloaf and the chicken lasagna from the SB. My family ravs over them all :)

For any and all of the recipes above do you think I'd need to double or make more for my two big eaters? Or is a side of salad and bread enough? I love leftovers for DH's lunch but especially don't anyone to go hungry and be sniffing for a snack an hour later!

kcjodih said:
For any and all of the recipes above do you think I'd need to double or make more for my two big eaters? Or is a side of salad and bread enough? I love leftovers for DH's lunch but especially don't anyone to go hungry and be sniffing for a snack an hour later!

We have a family of eight and for the meatloaf I just serve mashed potatoes and veg on the side, for the chicken lasagna I serve salad on the side. I do have to make 2 batches of the chowder though because everyone loves it so. I serve rolls and salad with that as well :)

Chicken Fajitas
Baked Chicken - in the oven
Baked Potato Chowder

Incredible 30 Minute Chicken
Roast Chicken (in oven)
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Roast Pork Tenderloin (in the oven)

I use it often to quickly cook chicken for recipes that I am making.

and I use it for sides quite a bit too - we love Cheesy Potatoes done in the microwave, and I use it for butternut squash quite a bit.

I do my own lasagna recipe in it. Use the no boil noodles, layer it as it says on the box, then cook for about 15 min. Let sit for 10 min.

My family LOVES the Mexican Lasagna
I like the Southwest Meatloaf
to me this is the best...frozen chicken tenders topped with Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic rub and some regular jar pesto. I bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes and those tenders are so tender and juicy!! YUM! I serve it with cheese tortellini and either brocolli or salad.

Chef Kearns said:
......to me this is the best...frozen chicken tenders topped with Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic rub and some regular jar pesto. I bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes and those tenders are so tender and juicy!! YUM! I serve it with cheese tortellini and either brocolli or salad.

this sounds yummy!

Also good and quick to make...
Turkey Tetrazzini
12m sundried tomato pork tenderloin (or 2 for 21m)
One pot casserole: chicken breasts, minute brown rice, frozen veggies & cream of chicken or mushroom with 1 1/2 cans milk...micro for 30-35m

Oh, also....Brats, onion, potatoes, french onion soup mix and a can of diced tomatoes

Chicken Fajitas
Meatloaf
Pork tenderloin

Chicken cooked for other recipes

loreo said:
I do my own lasagna recipe in it. Use the no boil noodles, layer it as it says on the box, then cook for about 15 min. Let sit for 10 min.

Would you be willing to share your recipe???!!! I am so interested in doing regular lasagna!!

loreo said:

Just FYI - I used to use no boil noodles for this all the time but one day was out of them and used regular noodles without boiling - worked just fine :)

Favorites at our house are fajitas, lasagna and pork tenderloin.

what temperature is oven?
Chef Kearns said:
My family LOVES the Mexican Lasagna
I like the Southwest Meatloaf
to me this is the best...frozen chicken tenders topped with Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic rub and some regular jar pesto. I bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes and those tenders are so tender and juicy!! YUM! I serve it with cheese tortellini and either brocolli or salad.

/we love the pork tenderloins, all flavors, white chicken chili, 30 minute chicken, mexican chicken lasagna and molten lava cake! yum

OK... so I am the big skeptic... I haven't tried chicken in the micro... out of fear mostly- really- is it good?!

jnsr96 said:
OK... so I am the big skeptic... I haven't tried chicken in the micro... out of fear mostly- really- is it good?!

Follow the instructions for the 30 Minute Chicken, and you will have an incredibly good chicken! Seriously, I don't think anyone could be a bigger skeptic than I was, and I was converted with one chicken! It's why I call the DCB "My Magic Pot"! I've had more success with the 30 Minute Chicken Demo than any other demo I've done since I started 7 years ago - all because that chicken is INCREDIBLE!

My family just recently fell in love with the Easy Tortellini Toss. I made it last week with bacon and shrimp (instead of ham), and this Thursday I'll be making it with chicken and bacon.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a pork loin roast with the Garlic Parmesan Oil Dipping Seasoning.

Roasted Chicken (30 minute) is another favorite.

lockhartkitchen said:
Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco,Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, baby reds (I use the Ultimate Mandoline and slice them in thin slices, melt butter and add pressed garlic, pour over potatoes, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, microwave about 10 minutes: Yum!!

I just tried this baby reds recipe and it was AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! :love:

Chicken in the DCB totally rocks! I was very skeptical myself and so was my husband. Now, we LOVE it! I did post somewhere else, that with the 30 min Chicken, I pop it under the broiler for about4 mins after I cook it into the microwave. Gives it that roasted crunchy skin. ;) Another easy Chicken is chicken tender in microwave with cover on for about 10 mins, chop up with salad choppers, add BBQ sauce, serve on buns and you have quick BBQ Chicken Sandwhiches. We also love the Southwest Meatloaf. Another favorite I do is "baked" Tilapia - 3 - 4 frozen or thawed Tilapia fillets, rubbed or basted with garlic infused olive oil (PC Canola garlic oil would work too!) and sprinkled with the citrus basil rub. Microwave for 12-15 mins with the lid ON. I serve with rice or cous cous and steamed veggies. Very healthy and so yummy!
Just start using it and you'll keep finding new uses for it! I probably use it at least 3-4x/week! Do you have the list of 70+ DCB recipes? I just look at that to get ideas ...

3 favorites...Ummm, I had to go to the family with this one.
Of course, the Potato Chowder.
Roasted Chicken but I like to do mine in the oven.
Glazed Teriyaki Chicken and noodles...I did not like those meatballs and even thought about buying frozen ones to use.
BBQ Pork Tenderloin or BBQ Chicken, saute some peppers and onions for sandwiches.

I wanted chicken noodle soup one night but the BLSL chicken was still frozen. I put it in the DCB with some salt and pepper. Cooked until done, chopped with SC and dumped everything in the pot with other stuff and I had homemade chicken noodle soup.

I think TPC should have asked, "Why do you love your DCB?" I could not imagine life in my kitchen without this product.

30 Minute Incred. Chicken
Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Pork Chops
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

White chicken chili
Chicken fajitas
Pork tenderloin
(we really like the meatloaf, too)
cook chicken for lots of things.

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco
South-of-the-Boarder Meat Loaf
White Chicken Chili

How funny - the cover recipes from the last 3 SB!

*I'm trying the meat loaf tonight as meat balls - going to double the amount - I'll let you know if it some out.

1. What are the top 3 DCB main dish recipes that you recommend for family meals?

My top 3 DCB (Deep Covered Baker) main dish recipes for family meals are the Baked Potato Chowder, Chicken Fajitas, and Beef and Broccoli.

2. How do you decide which DCB recipes to use for your family meals?

I usually look for recipes that use ingredients that my family enjoys and are easy to prepare. I also check reviews and ratings from other users to see if the recipe is well-received.

3. Can you suggest any tips for using DCB for everyday family meals?

One tip is to plan your meals in advance and choose recipes that have similar cooking times, so you can use the DCB efficiently. Also, make sure to adjust cooking times based on the size and thickness of the ingredients to ensure they are fully cooked.

4. How can I avoid the expense of trying out every DCB recipe for my family meals?

You can try searching for recipes online and checking out cookbooks or magazines that feature DCB recipes. You can also ask friends or family members who use DCB for their favorite recipes.

5. Can you share your top 3 DCB recipes for a family of 4?

Sure! My top 3 DCB recipes for a family of 4 are the Baked Pasta with Sausage and Spinach, Honey Garlic Chicken, and BBQ Pork Tenderloin. They are all delicious and easy to prepare, and my family loves them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies