• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Bar Pan Recipes...

I have a few favorites, but the double chocolate chunk brownies are my favorite. I also really like the sugar cookie brownies. I like to make my own brownies, and I also like to make sugar cookie brownies. I also like to make double chocolate chunk brownies.
jchesley
I am in need of some new bar pan recipes to season up my stone some more. I would like to do a bar cookie or brownies, but isn't it too big?? I use it to bake my frozen foods (healthy, I know), but I am drawing a blank for other ideas. I did a file search and found "the day in the life of a bar pan", and I think I'll try the bacon & pancakes this weekend.

What is your favorite bar pan recipe?

Jess

Mmm...the raspberry streusel squares in All the Best.

LOVE those Rasp. Struesel Squares! I also like to do the Tomato Basil Squares, and the Clubhouse Chicken Squares in it......I use mine for just about everything though...been using it lately for the new Tropical Chicken Pizza.
The Bacon trick is the best way to season it though.

Roasted potatoes. Cut a couple potatoes into 1" pieces and toss with a little oil, garlic and seasoning. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, then stir and bake an additional 15 minutes or so.

The Aloha Pizza has been a big hit at my spring shows. I also do Clubhouse Chix Squares and double the Cool Veggie Pizza and make it in the bar pan, too.

Bacon is the best. :)

I love doing bacon in mine, as well as pancakes... yummy!

One of my favorite recipes is the Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll. I believe it is in the Celebrate cookbook, but dont quote me.

I use my large bar pan so much, I have five of them. :eek:

I ditto on the Chicken Clubhouse squares, that is one of my very favorites! Also, skinless boneless chicken breast, coated with either dry ranch seasoning or corn bread mix...

You have FIVE bar pans?!?!?!!?!? :eek:

I have four small Mix N Scrapers....but you take the cake, lady! :)

Grecian Party Squares - the very first PC recipe I ever saw!

Tomato Basil Squares has become one of my favorites. I love baking brownies in it. I have done the bacon and loved it, but we do not eat bacon that much. I did the panckaes and they were good, but I cooked them too long.

I love baking french fries on it - so much healthier.

Me and my brother always took hamburger buns and put ragu sauce and cheese on them and baked them. I do that on the small bar pan. Sometime we put hot dog weiners in it too. I know it sounds weird but we did that as kids and I still love it.

Anything I have ever used a cookie sheet for I now use the bar pan. I LOVE IT!!! I do everything in it. If it calls for the round stone I make it square in the bar pan. I sale a bunch of them too.

COOKIES!!!!

Mrs Field's Cookies:
2 c (4 sticks) butter or margarine
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 c flour
5 c oatmeal blended until it's powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
8 oz chocolate bar grated (good luck finding these, they've been getting smaller over the years...)
24 oz chocolate chips (I like the Chocolate Chunks by Nestle)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients separately. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in grated chocolate and chips. Make cookies with your large or medium scoop (whichever you prefer...large cookies are pretty darn big, but then you don't have to scoop as many! Lazy people UNITE!) and bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
Makes like 9 dozen med scoop cookies! I scoop them and freeze them for later use...

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches!

oooh those raspberry things sound great!!! I can't wait to try those! I will have to find those and try them.

As a new consultant here is what I have tried so far:

- 3 Cheese Garden Pizza (this seasons well and is yummy)
- Brownies (for my DH's co-workers)
- Roasted tofu and curried cauliflower
- Cookies
- Toasted tortilla strips

I love slicing up a bunch of sweet potatoes with the ultimate mandolin on crinkle cut, and then drizzling with EVOO and a little salt and cracked pepper... baked on the bar pan those alone can be dinner! yum!!!

We made the Smores Galore this morning - they are really really good! Probably better for a fall show. But I have a feeling we'll be making these often, lol!

GourmetGirl said:
I love slicing up a bunch of sweet potatoes with the ultimate mandolin on crinkle cut, and then drizzling with EVOO and a little salt and cracked pepper... baked on the bar pan those alone can be dinner! yum!!!
My cousin cuts sweet potatoes up into chunks, sprinkles them with a little cinnamon and splenda, and bakes them. Her daughter (6 YO) thinks they're dessert!

Brownies rock!I just baked brownies in the large pan and they turned out great. If you're making them from scratch, just double your recipe. I made them using a Pillsbury mix and had to use 2 boxes. Brownies were a huge hit at Easter dinner. :D

Love this recipe, but you NEED to use parchment paper for it, so it doesn't help with the seasoning. It sure is yummy though!

Attachments

• Almost Candy Bars.doc
    24 KB · Views: 496
I was skeptical at first on the bacon thing, but after seeing how it didn't make a mess all over my stove top and counters...guess who makes bacon in the oven ALL the time????? It does help season the stone! :)

Someone was talking about seasoning stoneware a few weeks back, and they posted this idea. I know it's not a recipe, but it WILL season your stone!!

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over
surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen
Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the
salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones.

I also emaild the test kitchen about this and here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your product
question. We have not tested this method and therefore cannot comment if
this tip is successful. We would not think it would cause any harm to
the Stone, but please be cautious about using too much Crisco on a
smaller Stoneware piece. Our concern is that it would liquify and drip
in the oven, causing some smoking."

BTW, I use my bar pan for tons of things...frozen foods, making my own potato wedges (EVOO and seasonings or EVOO and dry Ranch dressing mix), sheet cakes, brownies, chicken breast, free formed meatloaf, any of the "rings" made into "braids", pizza, you name it! I like the bar pan even more than my large round stone, even though my round one looks darker! Perhaps I need to use that seasoning recipe on my bar pan so it "shows" how much I love it!!! :)

Am I the only one who DOESN'T like bacon in the bar pan???? I think it always tastes like it's soaked up a lot of the grease! I have tried it about 3 times, hoping that I just needed to adjust the baking time, but I just don't like it. (But I LOVE the fact that your entire stovetop isn't a greasy mess when you are done!!!!!)

I love it for baking bacon. Might of been the brand of bacon you used. I always loosely cover mine with tinfoil to avoid splatter.. turns out great everytime and then dab with paper towels to eliminate the grease.

My favorite and easy in bar pan is blonde brownies.

DebbieJ said:
You have FIVE bar pans?!?!?!!?!? :eek:

I have four small Mix N Scrapers....but you take the cake, lady! :)

I am a stoneware Whore... I have about 32 stones right now! :rolleyes: My DH is always so thrilled when PC announces a new stoneware piece... NOT!
I just love those darn bar pans though... I tell everyone they are the breakfast, lunch and dinner stone. They are the most versitile too.... I just actually broke my first stone not too long ago... my very favorite bar pan.. it was seasoned like no other! I loved that thing, and CRIED when it dropped and broke. :(

KellyTheChef said:
Am I the only one who DOESN'T like bacon in the bar pan???? I think it always tastes like it's soaked up a lot of the grease! I have tried it about 3 times, hoping that I just needed to adjust the baking time, but I just don't like it. (But I LOVE the fact that your entire stovetop isn't a greasy mess when you are done!!!!!)

I usually put a piece of parchment paper under the bacon... absorbs some of the grease anyhoo.

pchefkristin said:
I am a stoneware Whore... I have about 32 stones right now! :rolleyes: My DH is always so thrilled when PC announces a new stoneware piece... NOT!
I just love those darn bar pans though... I tell everyone they are the breakfast, lunch and dinner stone. They are the most versitile too.... I just actually broke my first stone not too long ago... my very favorite bar pan.. it was seasoned like no other! I loved that thing, and CRIED when it dropped and broke. :(
You are too funny! I am going to tell people at my shows that I know a Stoneware Whore!!!!

chefann said:
My cousin cuts sweet potatoes up into chunks, sprinkles them with a little cinnamon and splenda, and bakes them. Her daughter (6 YO) thinks they're dessert!
curious how long that would bake for. Sounds like something I can handle, lol. Still new at this cooking thing, and without a specific recipe I'm totally lost!!! TIA!

KellyTheChef said:

Kelly - I didn't either the first round, but tried a few more...
There are a few cheaper brands aorund here that taste greasy (I HATE THAT!):mad: ...but good brands taste great...I usually do 375 for 25-30 minutes rather than 350 because I like my bacon drier and crispier...

Play around some...my trick was not giving up the first time because I hated it the first time but experimented with times and brands and now like it better than mess on my stovetop.

janetupnorth said:
Kelly - I didn't either the first round, but tried a few more...
There are a few cheaper brands aorund here that taste greasy (I HATE THAT!):mad: ...but good brands taste great...I usually do 375 for 25-30 minutes rather than 350 because I like my bacon drier and crispier...

Play around some...my trick was not giving up the first time because I hated it the first time but experimented with times and brands and now like it better than mess on my stovetop.

I do mine at 425 for 20-25 minutes! AND it really helps if you put the parchment under it....and I usually buy center cut bacon - which is meatier - less grease.

ChefBeckyD said:
I do mine at 425 for 20-25 minutes! AND it really helps if you put the parchment under it....and I usually buy center cut bacon - which is meatier - less grease.

That would save about 10 minutes. :)

Center cut would probably take a little more cooking but YUM! :)

I have used the parchment paper...guess maybe I need to try a better cut of bacon and test it again!

pamperedlinda said:
You are too funny! I am going to tell people at my shows that I know a Stoneware Whore!!!!

Bwaahahahah! Go ahead... I love being public fodder! :p

I will have to try the parchment paper next time. I bake my bacon at 425 also,time varies on amount I bake. I do 1-2 packages at time then freeze unused portion.

4kids4me said:
curious how long that would bake for. Sounds like something I can handle, lol. Still new at this cooking thing, and without a specific recipe I'm totally lost!!! TIA!
My cousin says that she bakes then at 350 for about 20 minutes. It would depend on how thick you cut them. Just stick a fork in them, and if it goes in easily, they're done!

chefann said:
My cousin says that she bakes then at 350 for about 20 minutes. It would depend on how thick you cut them. Just stick a fork in them, and if it goes in easily, they're done!
Thanks for this - and thanks for not laughing at me. The other night I learned how to make mashed potatoes for the first time. Now I know whyinstant potatoes are so popular, lol!

4kids4me said:
Thanks for this - and thanks for not laughing at me. The other night I learned how to make mashed potatoes for the first time. Now I know whyinstant potatoes are so popular, lol!

I'm partial to those refrigerated mashed potatoes myself!;) Bob Evans has a variety of them - I love the Sour Cream and Chive ones!

I use mine all the time to make roasted vegetables. Just use olive on top of the vegetables and sprinkle some kosher salt and freshly grated pepper on top of them. Asparagus is really good like that and so are green beans. Just about any of the veggies are good roasted like carrots, potatoes and zucchini. That's what I've tried but I'm sure that more veggies cooked that way are also good.

Sandy

jetcitysandy said:
I use mine all the time to make roasted vegetables. Just use olive on top of the vegetables and sprinkle some kosher salt and freshly grated pepper on top of them. Asparagus is really good like that and so are green beans. Just about any of the veggies are good roasted like carrots, potatoes and zucchini. That's what I've tried but I'm sure that more veggies cooked that way are also good.

Sandy
Brussel Sprouts! Roasted with coarse salt is the ONLY way to eat them!

That sounds good Kelly. I'm going to have to try the Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Thanks!

Sandy

pchefkristin said:

Wow you even beat me, I have 26 stones! :D :D :D :D Now I have a reason to buy more:eek:

KellyTheChef said:
Brussel Sprouts! Roasted with coarse salt is the ONLY way to eat them!

Me too, I love roasted brussel sprouts and make sure to use our Garlic Oil on them as well.

Thank, you guys rock! I think I have my meals planned for the week!

Jess

I make roasted potatoes, homemade pizza, cookies, take a batch of cookies and make bars out if them, double batch of brownies!!! So much stuff!!

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What's Your Favorite Bar Pan Recipes"?

1. Can I use the bar pan to bake cookies or brownies?

2. What are some other ideas for using the bar pan besides baking frozen foods?

3. Is the bar pan too big to use for baking certain recipes?

4. Are there any tips for seasoning the bar pan?

5. What is the best recipe you've tried using the bar pan?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • natural
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • AnnieBee